Author Topic: Shinobi 3DS - SEGA/Gryptonite Games  (Read 44337 times)

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
Re: Shinobi 3DS - SEGA/Gryptonite Games
« Reply #135 on: July 01, 2011, 10:17:39 am »
Well It couldn't be worse than ROS for GBA.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #136 on: July 03, 2011, 10:24:03 pm »
The game looks quite cool, but the graphics ARE pretty damn poor and his animations dont match the speed he moves... Both could use some serious work.

That said gameplay and level design both looks very 'shinobi' to me.
Made by SEGA

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #137 on: July 04, 2011, 07:04:45 am »
Graphics are poor, sure, but I really like how it sort of blends each style of Shinobi together in some way. You can see inspiration from 10+ years of the series in pieces all over, very cool. A lot of Nintendo games have done this for awhile and SEGA can be pretty good with this, but I think it is accidental and their style just transcends... Outside of Sonic Team at least... I hope Sonic games continue it after Generations.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #138 on: July 04, 2011, 02:46:47 pm »
Graphics are poor, sure, but I really like how it sort of blends each style of Shinobi together in some way. You can see inspiration from 10+ years of the series in pieces all over, very cool. A lot of Nintendo games have done this for awhile and SEGA can be pretty good with this, but I think it is accidental and their style just transcends... Outside of Sonic Team at least... I hope Sonic games continue it after Generations.

Well you hit the nail on the head but I'd say alot of the titles from Sega's E3 were throwbacks to earlier titles, SHINOBI 3DS for sure is SHINOBI 3
mixed in with SHINOBI PS2, CRUSH 3D reminds me of Flashback,Renegade Ops seem to be a mix between EA's Major Payne and Jungle Strike with Sega's Rescue Mission. Rise Of Nightmares resembles Condemened. Everyone seems to think ANARCHY REIGNS is a nod to Powerstone but it also seems to have elements of a forgotten Capcom gem Spawn :In The Demon's Hand, Binary Domain just reminds me of Assault City for Master System and of course the literal new releases of older games like Guardian Heroes and Overkill EC.  
The game looks quite cool, but the graphics ARE pretty damn poor and his animations dont match the speed he moves... Both could use some serious work.

That said gameplay and level design both looks very 'shinobi' to me.
Well exactly it does look Shinobi but will it play like it?

Offline Waffle

• Banned
« Reply #139 on: July 05, 2011, 04:59:26 pm »
Gryptonite are actually big fans of the Shinobi franchise. They are the ones who approached SEGA with the game, then SEGA 'OK`d' it.

While it may seem a bit iffy, at least it is coming from a developer who appreciates the games well and understands the series. I doubt this will be another Revenge of Shinobi GBA experience.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source

Offline ROJM

« Reply #141 on: July 08, 2011, 06:42:28 am »
Gryptonite are actually big fans of the Shinobi franchise. They are the ones who approached SEGA with the game, then SEGA 'OK`d' it.

While it may seem a bit iffy, at least it is coming from a developer who appreciates the games well and understands the series. I doubt this will be another Revenge of Shinobi GBA experience.

That's a bit simpilistic. Many revamps to classic games are made with the best intentions, it doesn't mean that the game will be any good. just because they happen to be fans does not mean the game will be great by default because a variety of things could easily go wrong in development. If the game is good, great.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #142 on: July 19, 2011, 06:57:28 am »
Well according to the designers they used an Assassin's Creed build to pitch the game to Sega.
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/18/shinobi-fo-3ds-originated-from-an-assassins-creed-game/

Offline Waffle

• Banned
« Reply #143 on: July 19, 2011, 02:19:04 pm »
Assassin's Crud is one of the worst games I have ever played, and this is based on a PSP version?

Oh boy!

Offline Autosaver

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #144 on: July 19, 2011, 02:48:28 pm »
To be fair, the PSP build probably plays much more differently then the HD editions.
http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=163601
SHINOBI DELAYED TO NOV 15

Offline Waffle

• Banned
« Reply #145 on: July 19, 2011, 03:28:36 pm »
Being worse in every regard is not 'fair'.

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
« Reply #146 on: December 22, 2016, 01:01:33 am »
Another Retro Review for Shinobi (3DS) that I agree with :

http://www.retroplayers.com.br/retroreview/retroreview-shinobi-3ds/

"The stages are made with elements to kill you all the time, it requires some memorization mixed with reflection and skill.  Yes, it is possible to win the game only with reflex, but it is much more likely that the repetition with patience and perseverance will get you to the end."

But I couldn't agree about "Too easy on the Normal level" thing.
I still find the game's challenging on Normal Level.