Author Topic: My Life with Sega: Retro Game Reviews  (Read 20286 times)

Offline mylifewithsega

• Total Meseta: -65531
  • "Just stick it in your Genesis!"
Re: My Life with Sega: Retro Game Reviews
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2013, 03:35:28 am »
One exclusive game to the Sega CD I liked was Dune. Was pretty awesome back in the day.

That one's now on my list, because I actually love the David Lynch movie. Wouldn't mind giving her a go; especially since I never played it.
Master-Cast TV: The Four-Mega Web Series!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74cjduzFdR2ZXCt0bQv_0Q

Offline ungibbed

• Total Meseta: 4
  • hater of haters...
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2013, 11:06:19 pm »
That one's now on my list, because I actually love the David Lynch movie. Wouldn't mind giving her a go; especially since I never played it.

I think you may like it, it's nothing like any other. Decent voice acting and graphics. The music could be better but it plays much like a PC game instead of your typical console game.
I despise ignorant fanboys. Enjoy the great games on all systems or platforms. There is no reason for blind hate...

Offline mylifewithsega

« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2013, 09:16:31 pm »
That sounds tempting. I'll have to check it out.

Here, take a look at this. Whatcha' think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdMH71T1J-g

Offline TJKitsune

• Total Meseta: 13
  • That Crazy Fox
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2013, 08:54:21 am »
Now I wish I had a copy of House of the Dead on Saturn.. :(

Offline mylifewithsega

« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2013, 11:25:15 am »
LOL! Dude, it's so fuckin' expensive; especially if you try for an American copy. Still, it is nice to have.

Offline TJKitsune

• Total Meseta: 13
  • That Crazy Fox
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2013, 09:19:01 am »
Expensive, yes..  Still kicking myself when I saw a copy at a local Disc Replay for $30 and not grabbing it!  Ah well..  The arcade about 40 minutes from me actually has the arcade version, so I could just always pop over there for a fix..  At least II-IV are all pretty cheap to get still.

Offline ungibbed

• hater of haters...
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2013, 01:55:44 am »
That sounds tempting. I'll have to check it out.

Here, take a look at this. Whatcha' think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdMH71T1J-g

Love it, fuckin' zombies... It's how most people look coming into work on Monday.
I despise ignorant fanboys. Enjoy the great games on all systems or platforms. There is no reason for blind hate...

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2013, 06:41:25 am »
I have HotD 2 and 3 on the Wii but I can't beat them.

I wonder if MyLifeWithSega will ever review the Tempo series? (Tempo and Super Tempo in particular?)
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline mylifewithsega

« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2013, 01:33:49 pm »
Love it, fuckin' zombies... It's how most people look coming into work on Monday.

That's about right. I wish I could shoot them too. LOL!

I'll eventually review Tempo, but it's not very high on my list. I have so much shit I wanna' tackle first, like Shinobi, SEGA Saturn, as well as the Panzer Dragoon trilogy.

Offline ungibbed

• hater of haters...
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2013, 11:51:08 pm »
That's about right. I wish I could shoot them too. LOL!

I'll eventually review Tempo, but it's not very high on my list. I have so much shit I wanna' tackle first, like Shinobi, SEGA Saturn, as well as the Panzer Dragoon trilogy.

I loved the first Panzer Dragoon game so much it was a complete nerdgasm! I remember the night I bought the Saturn and a few games and PD was one of them. I was in awe of the creative world that came right out of nowhere and kept me wanting more for being a rail shooter.

Years later playing PD: Orta for the original Xbox, the complete original Saturn game was a unlockable bonus along with so much more. That single Xbox game was a true gift for the fans of the original games. Despite being on 480p on my older CRT "HD" set, the original PD with the mesh pattern transparencies didn't look so hot but the rest really did hold up well.

I'd love to see a HD trilogy remake for the current systems (yes even for the closet Wii U haters). Very few people got to experience PD: Saga, let alone Zwei.

That would be something smart to do so I doubt Sega will ever follow through with that mind bender still thinking if the games would sell on a modern system.

Offline mylifewithsega

« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2013, 04:51:10 pm »
I loved the first Panzer Dragoon game so much it was a complete nerdgasm! I remember the night I bought the Saturn and a few games and PD was one of them. I was in awe of the creative world that came right out of nowhere and kept me wanting more for being a rail shooter.

Years later playing PD: Orta for the original Xbox, the complete original Saturn game was a unlockable bonus along with so much more. That single Xbox game was a true gift for the fans of the original games. Despite being on 480p on my older CRT "HD" set, the original PD with the mesh pattern transparencies didn't look so hot but the rest really did hold up well.

I'd love to see a HD trilogy remake for the current systems (yes even for the closet Wii U haters). Very few people got to experience PD: Saga, let alone Zwei.

That would be something smart to do so I doubt Sega will ever follow through with that mind bender still thinking if the games would sell on a modern system.

Very nice. I didn't buy the Saturn until it had been discontinued, so I didn't play Panzer Dragoon until mid-1999. Thought it was fantastic, so I picked up Panzer Dragoon II Zwei. Great fucking game. Even had the Japanese versions at one time....

Saga's just....WOW!

I'm not a fan of Microsoft's consoles. Didn't care for the original Xbox beyond the jukebox feature and the 360 lost my support after the second "red ring of death". It's a shame, because I did want Shenmue II and Orta. Still, I'm not giving them anymore money as far as consoles are concerned.

However, I'd enjoy seeing HD remakes of the trilogy, or - at the very least - a re-issue of the original untouched versions on one disc with a really good documentary.