Author Topic: The House of the Dead 1 & 2 Remake (Switch,PC,PS4,XBox One,XBox Series X/S,PS5)  (Read 59407 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD: Remake || Xbox Series X|S Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjbiTHGAS94

THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD: Remake is a remade version of the game introduced in 1997 on the arcade platform. A classic arcade rail-shooter receives a whole new entourage and gameplay changes to suit modern gaming standards.

FEATURES
- Well known arcade classic with modern graphics and controls
- True to the original gameplay
- Local 2-player multiplayer
- Multiple endings
- Photomode
- Achievements
- Armory with unlockable weapons
- Hordes of the undead monstrosities in a new game mode
- Gallery with encountered enemies and bosses
- Game graphics and performance adjusted to Xbox Series S/X

Link : https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/the-house-of-the-dead-remake/9NCRZW5L1N9M

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: The House of the Dead 1 & 2 Remake (Switch, PC, PS4, XBox One)
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2022, 07:43:48 am »
There are indeed few changes, but I don't know what those were other than altered / removed dialouges.
I haven't enough playing it on arcade back then to notice the difference between the original and the remake.
Wish they could cut down on loading times. Almost put Sonic '06 to shame.
THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD: Remake || Xbox Series X|S Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjbiTHGAS94

Link : https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/store/the-house-of-the-dead-remake/9NCRZW5L1N9M
I dunno if the XBox X/S or any past XBox consoles had any light guns other than the Sniper Scope Light, but it makes me wonder if the console game will be playable with light guns.

Offline Berto

« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2022, 12:20:54 am »
.I dunno if the XBox X/S or any past XBox consoles had any light guns other than the Sniper Scope Light, but it makes me wonder if the console game will be playable with light guns.

No, this remake game on consoles wouldn't work with any light guns.
Almost all light guns only works on CRT TVs anyway.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2022, 04:20:16 pm »
No, this remake game on consoles wouldn't work with any light guns.
Almost all light guns only works on CRT TVs anyway.
Do the XBox One or XBox X/S come with Kinects included these days? A Kinect light gun would be possible.

Offline Berto

« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2022, 11:53:00 pm »
Do the XBox One or XBox X/S come with Kinects included these days? A Kinect light gun would be possible.

No, it's as if Microsoft treats that Kinect never exist, just like how Sony treats PS Vita in its last years.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2022, 07:16:00 am »
No, it's as if Microsoft treats that Kinect never exist, just like how Sony treats PS Vita in its last years.

Microsoft seems to still acknowledge the Kinect given they made a new one for the XBox One.

And if Microsoft really wanted to make an official light gun for the XBox One or X/S at an affordable price then the Kinect would be the only way around it.

As far as I'm aware, Sinden Lightguns maybe an Indiegogo based business but they still make light guns for modern monitors without the need of infra red sensor bars. Thing is though given they have somewhat of a monopoly on these kinds of guns, they're rather expensive. I'd have to pay £85 if I wanted a standard light gun from Sinden. £135 if I want it with recoil.

Given how common and quality webcams are today, I believe webcams are the only cheap alternatives for light guns to work on modern screens, but it doesn't seem this concept is properly tapped into yet. If third-party developers for PC controllers can mass produce gyroscopic technology for their light gun controllers all they need to do is either include a cheap infra red sensor with the light gun or add on the box "Webcam required for use".

The PlayStation Move for example is somewhat of a knock off to the Wii-mote. Like the Wii-mote it uses gyroscopic sensors so the games know how you are holding the remote. But unlike the Wii-mote it doesn't need a sensor bar to play. Instead however it needs the PlayStation Eye or the PlayStation Cam to be used as a sensor.
On eBay, depending on the seller, a PlayStation Move controller price ranges from £25-80 which is somewhat of a hefty price but still more affordable than Sinden's light guns.

I don't know how cheap this gyroscopic motion sensing technology is for todays video game industry but given Nintendo's gone 100% on it with Wii-mote and JoyCons and PlayStation has made it the standard since DualShock 4 controllers I imagine the tech would be cheap and accessible for Microsoft to use to make a light gun that the Kinect can pick up on.

Or if they want to be particularly cheap, maybe the light gun simply uses a tiny LED bulb in the muzzle of the light gun that the game can pick up on and the bulb flashes whenever the trigger is pulled indicating an action. But that would make the light gun rather inaccurate and would require additional programming in light gun games to know how to respond to such things.

I believe if Microsoft wanted to release an official light gun for the XBox One or X/S, the best way for them to do it is to make a light gun with gyroscopic motion sensory and the Kinect itself for motion sensory.
Heck if Sega themselves wanted to re-release the Light Phaser, Menacer or Virtua Gun for modern monitors and can't collab with Sinden to make such controllers (for more reasonable prices) then they could probably ask Retro-Bit or a third-party manufacturer to make such guns for them with both gyroscope sensors and a clear "Webcam requirement" label on them.
Such a product would still be rather expensive though. Probably sell for the price of £40-60GBP which is a hefty price but affordable.

So yeah. Webcams being that common these days, I believe are the only way for us to have light guns on modern monitors at affordable prices.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 07:27:44 am by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2022, 09:16:57 pm »
Microsoft seems to still acknowledge the Kinect given they made a new one for the XBox One.

And if Microsoft really wanted to make an official light gun for the XBox One or X/S at an affordable price then the Kinect would be the only way around it.

That was back then, Kinect was never mentioned again after X/S released.
All their blog news or tweets or articles now are about gamepass, gamepass, and gamepass.

As far as I'm aware, Sinden Lightguns maybe an Indiegogo based business but they still make light guns for modern monitors without the need of infra red sensor bars. Thing is though given they have somewhat of a monopoly on these kinds of guns, they're rather expensive. I'd have to pay £85 if I wanted a standard light gun from Sinden. £135 if I want it with recoil.

Given how common and quality webcams are today, I believe webcams are the only cheap alternatives for light guns to work on modern screens, but it doesn't seem this concept is properly tapped into yet. If third-party developers for PC controllers can mass produce gyroscopic technology for their light gun controllers all they need to do is either include a cheap infra red sensor with the light gun or add on the box "Webcam required for use".

The PlayStation Move for example is somewhat of a knock off to the Wii-mote. Like the Wii-mote it uses gyroscopic sensors so the games know how you are holding the remote. But unlike the Wii-mote it doesn't need a sensor bar to play. Instead however it needs the PlayStation Eye or the PlayStation Cam to be used as a sensor.
On eBay, depending on the seller, a PlayStation Move controller price ranges from £25-80 which is somewhat of a hefty price but still more affordable than Sinden's light guns.

I don't know how cheap this gyroscopic motion sensing technology is for todays video game industry but given Nintendo's gone 100% on it with Wii-mote and JoyCons and PlayStation has made it the standard since DualShock 4 controllers I imagine the tech would be cheap and accessible for Microsoft to use to make a light gun that the Kinect can pick up on.

Or if they want to be particularly cheap, maybe the light gun simply uses a tiny LED bulb in the muzzle of the light gun that the game can pick up on and the bulb flashes whenever the trigger is pulled indicating an action. But that would make the light gun rather inaccurate and would require additional programming in light gun games to know how to respond to such things.

I believe if Microsoft wanted to release an official light gun for the XBox One or X/S, the best way for them to do it is to make a light gun with gyroscopic motion sensory and the Kinect itself for motion sensory.
Heck if Sega themselves wanted to re-release the Light Phaser, Menacer or Virtua Gun for modern monitors and can't collab with Sinden to make such controllers (for more reasonable prices) then they could probably ask Retro-Bit or a third-party manufacturer to make such guns for them with both gyroscope sensors and a clear "Webcam requirement" label on them.
Such a product would still be rather expensive though. Probably sell for the price of £40-60GBP which is a hefty price but affordable.

So yeah. Webcams being that common these days, I believe are the only way for us to have light guns on modern monitors at affordable prices.

£85 is really pricy.
Even if it's being bundled with well known games, and especially if it's not.

Kinect and Move were answers from Sony and Microsoft to Nintendo Wii.
After Nintendo leaving Wii, Sony and Microsoft seems to move away from them too.
Now Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft are mostly focus on their paid yearly subscription's contents.
VR games are still supported and given light though by Sony by giving some of them free to PS Plus users, but Move was never mentioned again.
And if the console holders aren't interested in modern kind of light guns anymore, game publishers most likely would do the same.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2022, 08:14:39 am »
That was back then, Kinect was never mentioned again after X/S released.
All their blog news or tweets or articles now are about gamepass, gamepass, and gamepass.

Well, that's rather Microsoft's problem. The Kinect itself wasn't a bad concept just poorly delivered. It was like an advanced EyeToy and PlayStation marketed the EyeToy better than XBox marketed the Kinect. For example the PlayStation Move as an accesstory to the PlayStation Eye or Cam.
£85 is really pricy.
Even if it's being bundled with well known games, and especially if it's not.

Kinect and Move were answers from Sony and Microsoft to Nintendo Wii.
After Nintendo leaving Wii, Sony and Microsoft seems to move away from them too.
Now Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft are mostly focus on their paid yearly subscription's contents.
VR games are still supported and given light though by Sony by giving some of them free to PS Plus users, but Move was never mentioned again.
And if the console holders aren't interested in modern kind of light guns anymore, game publishers most likely would do the same.
The WIi was Nintendo's first console to use gyroscopic motion sensory as a means of control. Ever since they moved on from the Wii U towards the Switch they practically doubled-down with gyroscopic motion sensory with JoyCon controllers, going as far as selling accessories for the JoyCon (various plastic things that hold JoyCons specific way) and even a DIY cardboard kit. Nintendo practically sold cardboard to it's customers.

Yes there isn't much of a market for light guns and given modern televisions are no longer CRT makes the older guns obselete while the new guns from Sinden are expensive. But that doesn't mean light guns for modern tellies at affordable prices isn't impossible. Just not much of a market for them.

Not asking Microsoft to make a brand new Kinect. If the XBox One Kinect works just as well on the X/S then all they'll need to do is make a gyroscopic controller in the shape of a gun that can be used along with a kinect or any quality webcam.

If I can't play THotD:Remake with my Saturn Virtua Gun controller, at least give me something other than my mouse.

Offline Berto

« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2022, 03:16:22 am »
Well, that's rather Microsoft's problem. The Kinect itself wasn't a bad concept just poorly delivered. It was like an advanced EyeToy and PlayStation marketed the EyeToy better than XBox marketed the Kinect. For example the PlayStation Move as an accesstory to the PlayStation Eye or Cam.

The WIi was Nintendo's first console to use gyroscopic motion sensory as a means of control. Ever since they moved on from the Wii U towards the Switch they practically doubled-down with gyroscopic motion sensory with JoyCon controllers, going as far as selling accessories for the JoyCon (various plastic things that hold JoyCons specific way) and even a DIY cardboard kit. Nintendo practically sold cardboard to it's customers.

That cardboard won many awards though, for family and innovation.
But Nintendo Labo weren't selling well, at least here in my country.
They were heavily discounted after few weeks.
I heard they were indeed selling well in Japan, even got first place in term of sale, but not for the rest of the world.
Nintendo of America even has removed the Labo from their website last year.

Yes there isn't much of a market for light guns and given modern televisions are no longer CRT makes the older guns obselete while the new guns from Sinden are expensive. But that doesn't mean light guns for modern tellies at affordable prices isn't impossible. Just not much of a market for them.

Not asking Microsoft to make a brand new Kinect. If the XBox One Kinect works just as well on the X/S then all they'll need to do is make a gyroscopic controller in the shape of a gun that can be used along with a kinect or any quality webcam.

If I can't play THotD:Remake with my Saturn Virtua Gun controller, at least give me something other than my mouse.

Well, I got two bad (old) news

The first is the Kinect sensor is not compatible with Xbox Series X|S consoles and Microsoft wouldn't even want to make a patch or anything that make it compatible. "The Xbox Series X will not be able to play Kinect games and the Kinect peripherals will not be supported on any future Xbox consoles."

The second is Microsoft confirms their Series X|S console will not get accessory (not counting normal controllers and headsets of course).

https://www.independent.co.uk/tech/kinect-xbox-series-x-microsoft-backwards-compatibility-next-generation-console-a9624946.html

If THotD:Remake was a first party game, it might have a chance.
But it's a third party game and not even console exclusive,
so I doubt Microsoft would care.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #69 on: September 26, 2022, 08:05:32 pm »
That cardboard won many awards though, for family and innovation.
But Nintendo Labo weren't selling well, at least here in my country.
They were heavily discounted after few weeks.
I heard they were indeed selling well in Japan, even got first place in term of sale, but not for the rest of the world.
Nintendo of America even has removed the Labo from their website last year.

Because they were selling cardboard. They might as well give away instructions and printable templates online so people can get their own cardboard to use.
Well, I got two bad (old) news

The first is the Kinect sensor is not compatible with Xbox Series X|S consoles and Microsoft wouldn't even want to make a patch or anything that make it compatible. "The Xbox Series X will not be able to play Kinect games and the Kinect peripherals will not be supported on any future Xbox consoles."

The second is Microsoft confirms their Series X|S console will not get accessory (not counting normal controllers and headsets of course).

https://www.independent.co.uk/tech/kinect-xbox-series-x-microsoft-backwards-compatibility-next-generation-console-a9624946.html

If THotD:Remake was a first party game, it might have a chance.
But it's a third party game and not even console exclusive,
so I doubt Microsoft would care.
Well that sucks. But I do have an XBox 360 Kinect for my PC... that is if I ever get it to work again given it needs special drivers. Surely I'm not the only man on the planet who thought of using webcams for light guns.

I tried Googling but all I got sin Sinden. It's like they want to keep the Monopoly on PC light guns than making it possible to find cheaper alternatives.

Offline Berto

« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2022, 09:21:28 pm »
Because they were selling cardboard. They might as well give away instructions and printable templates online so people can get their own cardboard to use.

I was more worried about its durability back then.
Of course my kids wanted them but I thought the cardboards would get damaged soon enough and why would I bought something that's not gonna last long.

Well that sucks. But I do have an XBox 360 Kinect for my PC... that is if I ever get it to work again given it needs special drivers. Surely I'm not the only man on the planet who thought of using webcams for light guns.

I tried Googling but all I got sin Sinden. It's like they want to keep the Monopoly on PC light guns than making it possible to find cheaper alternatives.

There is also Gun4ir :  https://www.gun4ir.com/
which's more expensive than Sinden

Still it's nice to see Sinden and Gun4ir could be used for The House of the Dead Remake.
Although of course the game must be manually patched since officially it doesn't have proper lightgun support.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 09:23:58 pm by Berto »

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #71 on: September 27, 2022, 08:32:27 am »
I was more worried about its durability back then.
Of course my kids wanted them but I thought the cardboards would get damaged soon enough and why would I bought something that's not gonna last long.
You're better off buying a cheap 3D printer and print out plastic, more durable Labo constructs or something like that.
There is also Gun4ir :  https://www.gun4ir.com/
which's more expensive than Sinden

Still it's nice to see Sinden and Gun4ir could be used for The House of the Dead Remake.
Although of course the game must be manually patched since officially it doesn't have proper lightgun support.
From what I read on Steam Discusison boards, a mod was made for THotD:Remake for light gun support, then MegaPixel made a patch which broke the mod.

Still as pointed out with Gun4ir being more expensive, there should be a cheaper alternative to light guns and surely I am not the only one who thought of the use of webcams.

All a modern light gun would need would be gyroscopic sensors and either an infra red sensor bar or a webcam.

Offline Berto

Unboxing Video of Physical Editions of The House of the Dead: Remake from Forever Limited

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6v_FDAQPdo

"Here is the long-awaited unboxing video of The House of the Dead: Remake Press Kits by Forever Limited which I've received from Forever Entertainment for supporting the remake.
I would like to thank F.E. Community Manager, Monika Ginter (BluNectarine) and Mega Pixel Studio S.A.
I hope you all enjoy the video and expect more videos from me real soon!"

Link : https://www.streamlabs.com/korimaru

Offline Berto

The House of the Dead: Remake coming to PS5 on January 20, 2023
Already available on Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWXXjCdsFhc

Key Features

Well known arcade classic with modern graphics and controls.
True to the original gameplay.
Local two-player multiplayer.
Multiple endings.
Photomode.
Achievements.
Armory with unlockable weapons.
Hordes of the undead monstrosities in a new game mode.
Gallery with encountered enemies and bosses.
Game graphics and performance adjusted to PlayStation 5.

Article : https://www.gematsu.com/2023/01/the-house-of-the-dead-remake-coming-to-ps5-on-january-20

Offline Mystic Monkey

The House of the Dead: Remake coming to PS5 on January 20, 2023
Already available on Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWXXjCdsFhc

Key Features

Well known arcade classic with modern graphics and controls.
True to the original gameplay.
Local two-player multiplayer.
Multiple endings.
Photomode.
Achievements.
Armory with unlockable weapons.
Hordes of the undead monstrosities in a new game mode.
Gallery with encountered enemies and bosses.
Game graphics and performance adjusted to PlayStation 5.
Article : https://www.gematsu.com/2023/01/the-house-of-the-dead-remake-coming-to-ps5-on-january-20
It says that but the last time I played the remake it felt a bit off here and there. For example you know the monkey threatening the hostage in the foyer? It took many hits to kill it and it still dropped the guy. Just felt a bit off.