Author Topic: Aliens: Colonial Marines  (Read 113407 times)

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines
« Reply #225 on: February 27, 2013, 11:52:58 am »
Naw, I checked, you can RedBox video games. It's just not as prevalent as the DVD RedBoxes. I'd have to drive an hour to get Aliens: CM from a RedBox.
Depends on where you live. Over here every Redbox has video games. I think their like 2 bucks or for a day. I have never rented one though, mostly because I have a ton of games to finish.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #226 on: February 27, 2013, 06:04:25 pm »
I could see it possibly working, but nobody asked for this and it wasn't what was promised in all the pre-release coverage.  At all. 
Yes, this is true as well...
SEG4GES

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #227 on: February 28, 2013, 05:02:24 am »
That's what I'm talking about. Even if SEGA did state that they wanted the game to feel like CoD, that doesn't excuse the way Gearbox and the other devs programmed the game and the enemies. In fact, I could imagine a game with great human enemy AI and great alien enemy AI to be a lot of fun. You take on other humans who act as enemy human soldiers do, while the aliens attack their own way. Also, I'd think with the aliens a less is more approach would have been better. From the videos I see, the aliens are far too numerous and they don't attack as aliens do. If aliens were a rarer occurance (not super rare, but not as common as squirrels), and attacked with a very unique alien style, they could be scary as they're meant to be.

Imagine playing a soldier vs. soldier game, but there is always the threat of an alien lurking in the shadows? To me, that's pretty fucking scary. You have to be able to perform basic combat, but also have to keep your senses open for alien attacks (who could assist you in attacking enemy soldiers or hurt you by attacking you and your own men).

That sort of scenario actually reminds me of Jurassic Park 2, where it was human vs. human, but there were velociraptors and other dinosaurs also on the prowl.

What's the point, BTN as far as Ben is concerned, everything is Sega's fault and he doesn't need to play the game either. How things in gaming has gone low with that judgemenatal crap going on.

I've played the game now. The question i'll pose is does the hiccups of the game impede on the actual gameplay. Does it spoil the fun? I'd like to see if anyone else can make that distinction and whether it impaired their experience of the game.

Offline Ben

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #228 on: February 28, 2013, 08:28:02 am »
What's the point, BTN as far as Ben is concerned, everything is Sega's fault

Clearly your reading comprehension skills need a ton of work....you know, only 6 posts before yours, you can read me say;

Everybody involved is at fault. Timegate, Gearbox, Sega, and Deimurge...everyone who worked on/oversaw the game.

But I came to the conclusion long ago that you've been trying to argue with me without actually even reading my posts and you've now verified that. So whatever.

I'm done. Enjoy the game.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 08:31:41 am by Ben »

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #229 on: February 28, 2013, 08:37:34 am »
Clearly your reading comprehension skills need a ton of work....you know, only 6 posts before yours, you can read me say;

Really? Coming from someone who hasn't played the game he is criticizing and then accusing me of defending the game in which i didn't over a period of his banal posts.

But I came to the conclusion long ago that you're trying to call me out/argue with me without bothering to read my posts and you've verified that. So whatever.
Actually what you just said is basically what you did to me.
I'm done.

I was done ages ago, you're the one who keeps carrying it on.

Offline Ben

« Reply #230 on: February 28, 2013, 08:48:41 pm »
I was done ages ago, you're the one who keeps carrying it on.

Says the person who called me out by name in your previous post, ya little jokester!  ;D

Depends on where you live. Over here every Redbox has video games. I think their like 2 bucks or for a day. I have never rented one though, mostly because I have a ton of games to finish.

Hmm. I should find out if I have any Red Box stations renting games near me.......Sounds like something that'd come in mad handy.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 10:37:16 pm by Ben »

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #231 on: March 01, 2013, 12:50:44 am »
alien game is history i sold it never finished it. liked it hated it after 2 hours. semibricked me fucked me up. ill just pretend sega didnt make this game cause its the only game i really hate
even sonic 06 was cool
loved the music
loved the story
loved the gameplay
hated the bugs n glitches
hated the loading times
but there was a lot of love mainly

aliens
 hated all. the aliens indeed were my enemy cause they were the winners
they pretended to be easy. i killed all of them except one. that one went inside of my ps3 and broke the ps3 from inside
so dont say THE AI is bad. cause they are fucking smart

who might know? maybe that alien who bricked my console is still in my ps3 and will come out at night to kill me in real life

Offline mylifewithsega

• Total Meseta: -65531
  • "Just stick it in your Genesis!"
« Reply #232 on: March 01, 2013, 12:54:07 am »
The only xeno that gave me any trouble was the bull-type and the Queen at the very end. Otherwise, it was cake.
Master-Cast TV: The Four-Mega Web Series!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74cjduzFdR2ZXCt0bQv_0Q

Offline George

« Reply #233 on: March 01, 2013, 04:40:54 am »
Crysis 3 took 66 million to make...
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=517238

Aliens: Colonial Marines is said to have costs 40-60million plus the license to publish.

Crysis 3 product:
http://eaassets-a.akamaihd.net/www.crysis.com/sites/default/files/Crysis3ExplosionsBeneaththeLibertyDome.png

Aliens: Colonial Marines:
http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2013/02/AliensCM-Holdout.jpg

Next time they should invest their money better.

Offline Ben

« Reply #234 on: March 01, 2013, 11:18:14 am »
They should have developed Shenmue 3, lmao...

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #235 on: March 01, 2013, 11:19:39 am »
They should have developed Shenmue 3, lmao...

Don't Sega America, Japan and Europe all have their own budget?

Offline Ben

« Reply #236 on: March 01, 2013, 01:06:49 pm »
I'm not sure how it works, exactly, but if Sega West had $60 million to spend, they should have given it to Sega Japan then, lolololol.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #237 on: March 01, 2013, 06:28:16 pm »
Well... yeah. Shenmue 3 would prolly sell just as well as this game, and possibly boost Sega's rep
SEG4GES

Offline George

« Reply #238 on: March 01, 2013, 09:20:45 pm »
Next Generation Shenmue game that includes the story of 1-3. New and better voice actors, crispy clear soundtrack and beautiful graphics (expanded locations due to more ram). The TRUE vision.

Season passes with cool trading aspect, meaning there will be a community of people just playing the game to get rare items etc. A new way of 'playing online' that is more to do with collecting in-game items.

Season Pass is not for online modes but for 'extra story chapters' and in-game items (more capsule toys etc).

TAKE MY MONEY $$$$$$$$$$$$

Offline mylifewithsega

• Total Meseta: -65531
  • "Just stick it in your Genesis!"
« Reply #239 on: March 02, 2013, 02:01:56 am »
I agree with Ben and George. After finishing this fucker, I was seriously annoyed.
Master-Cast TV: The Four-Mega Web Series!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74cjduzFdR2ZXCt0bQv_0Q