Author Topic: Mac OS 9 login issues  (Read 18722 times)

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
Re: Mac OS 9 login issues
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2013, 12:53:07 pm »
They have cookies, both. But none allows me to login. It's an error given by the forum itself.
can you tell us what the error says or take a screen?

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2013, 11:53:34 am »
To my surprise, it worked this time. I don't know if you can see it with your admin powers, but I'm on IE 4.5 running on MacOS 9.2.1!
The layout is completely f'ed up, but I can now login and (if you can read this) post.

I just got 256mb of ram through the mail today and bumped the overall memory to 288mb. Maybe that has something to do with it? I'll try Classilla next and see if the website is presented correctly.
SEG4GES

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2013, 12:04:33 pm »
Trying out Classilla.
It's alpha software so it's a bit sluggish (even with 9 times the stock memory), but the presentation is near perfect! Web loading is fast and everything works like it should!

A definitive MUST for any MacOS 9 user.
SEG4GES

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2013, 03:26:09 pm »
Awesome!

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2013, 10:22:59 pm »
To my surprise, it worked this time. I don't know if you can see it with your admin powers, but I'm on IE 4.5 running on MacOS 9.2.1!
The layout is completely f'ed up, but I can now login and (if you can read this) post.

I just got 256mb of ram through the mail today and bumped the overall memory to 288mb. Maybe that has something to do with it? I'll try Classilla next and see if the website is presented correctly.

haha wow IE 4.5. I tested down to IE6. IE6 or IE7 or even IE8 it's not perfect, but it's readable and gets the job done.

Did you try netscape? LOL i think netscape might render it better than IE. Microsoft never used to follow web standards.

Offline ungibbed

• Total Meseta: 4
  • hater of haters...
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2013, 11:18:01 pm »
There is a more "modern" browser out for the Classic Mac OS called iCab.

Hopefully it should fix the problem.

<local Mac geek
I despise ignorant fanboys. Enjoy the great games on all systems or platforms. There is no reason for blind hate...