Author Topic: Yu Suzuki is looking for his parents !!!  (Read 10953 times)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Re: Yu Suzuki is looking for his parents !!!
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2011, 02:24:27 pm »
It's a matter of believing in a higher power. Some believe that all these natural disasters come from god himself with a reason. Today I read in a newspaper some japanese guy saying, "god punished us for being people filled with greed" and I think this guy wasn't even religious.

Anyway about the prayer thing. I sorta believe in it. It's like showing god how much you care for a certain someone and "hope" for a miracle. Donating or praying, you could always do both so.

Suzuki really doesn't deserve it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2011, 02:45:51 pm »
I wish cube never said anything, I knew this would lead to everyone pushing their beliefs on others. Let's just leave it.

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2011, 03:19:12 pm »
Well how was I supposed to know people are so anti-faith here?

What perplexes me is that some people here think that those who pray don't do anything but pray, that's not how it works.

God helps those who help themselves.

We made the post for donations, I am sure several people have donated as well. But in their churches, temples, mosques or their own homes people are praying that God gives strength to those who are suffering and not bring them anymore pain, I don't find that counterproductive.

When we were hit by storms last year, all the money in the world couldn't stop the storms where money and donations did play a role was in food, shelter and reconstruction.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2011, 06:53:59 pm »
Quote from: "MadeManG74"
I wish cube never said anything, I knew this would lead to everyone pushing their beliefs on others. Let's just leave it.

I'm not pushing my beliefs I'm pushing the latest scientific findings...
Made by SEGA

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2011, 07:22:35 pm »
Quote from: "Sharky"
Quote from: "MadeManG74"

I'm not pushing my beliefs I'm pushing the latest scientific findings...
Science did not confirm or deny that Prayer does not work.
In a way, Ryan, you are pushing your atheist beliefs not just in this thread, but a lot of times when someone brings up a religious statement, if you don't like it just scroll down, you don't have to derail threads just to tell people their faith is wrong.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2011, 07:50:36 pm »
I am not spiritual at all, but honestly, this discussion going on just hurts me on so many levels.

Do people here truly believe that millions of people who want to help, but cannot pay are just useless in a cause like this? That just because they care it should not matter? That might be the most heartless thing I have ever heard anyone say in a pretty long time.

Sometimes it takes more than just MONEY to help out, and it is sad I have to point this out.

I can deal with little jabs towards one another, but this is to much of the world, saying they are basically a waste of space. I am not sure if this forum is for me anymore if an admin is going to constantly push beliefs like that to be quite frank.

Offline Essay

• Total Meseta: 0
I remind you we're not here to debate the existance of monst
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2011, 08:58:10 pm »
Alright, why don't we all drop it.  This isn't the context/thread for something like this, anyhow.  If we're to have a discussion, it should go into the "Everything Else" board, eh?

(Religion is one of those things that nearly everyone feels strongly about and it's difficult not to respond with your opinion.)

Has there been any more updates about Yu Suzuki's mother?

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2011, 08:43:24 am »
http://twitter.com/yu_suzuki_jp

Google translator suggests that he is only talking about the food he is eating.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2011, 08:50:04 am »
Well, that could be good news. I mean, if my mother went missing I probably wouldn't tweet about hamburgers. Though I still hope that everything is okay and that she was found safe.

We love Yu!

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2011, 09:00:17 am »
The last tweet was on March 8th.
I'm pretty sure that's before the Earthquake.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2011, 09:02:13 am »
Wait, what? You're right! Looks like tweets were deleted??

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2011, 01:40:23 pm »
He probably figured Twitter wasn't the best place to post about his personal life?

Still as Barry said we love Yu.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2011, 02:27:46 pm »
Quote from: "Sega Uranus"
I am not spiritual at all, but honestly, this discussion going on just hurts me on so many levels.

Do people here truly believe that millions of people who want to help, but cannot pay are just useless in a cause like this? That just because they care it should not matter? That might be the most heartless thing I have ever heard anyone say in a pretty long time.

Sometimes it takes more than just MONEY to help out, and it is sad I have to point this out.

What are you even talking about; nobody said anything like that...
My argument is that prayer ISN'T the only thing you can do as was suggested.
You can also donate and it'll be much more affective... In my opinion.

If you can't afford to contribute that's fine, many wont, shit I can't really afford too... (But I have) As Barry said it's fine to simply say 'they are in my thoughts' or what ever.

I'm not pushing anything on anyone but I DO believe that there are probably people out there that have enough money to contribute but believe so much in the power of prayer that they'll pray instead of donating... Which I believe won’t help and in this case where every little donation helps I'd say it is counter productive.

I'm not sure how I'm pushing my belief at all, If someone can say on a forum that prayer will help, SURELY I can say 'no it wont'... I'm no more pushing my argument then anyone that says otherwise.

If someone tells me that sciences say prayer helps surely I can present the argument that it doesn't... I don't see how I'm being anymore pushy then anyone else.

I can deal with little jabs towards one another, but this is to much of the world, saying they are basically a waste of space. I am not sure if this forum is for me anymore if an admin is going to constantly push beliefs like that to be quite frank.
Who said anyone was a waste of space... You are putting words in my mouth.

Isn't it a bit funny you've suddenly turn into a holier than thou type when you have a chance to take a crack at me but the same guy was literally bullying other forum members less then a year ago and when given the chance actually deleted certain members posts and replaced them with insulting phrases...
Made by SEGA

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2011, 02:38:08 pm »
I'm sorry, but asking God to do something isn't going to do shit. Face facts. Don't say that "This proves it" because all prove is against it. Donate money if you want to help. Majority of the people in Japan are either Atheist or Buddhist, so according to your scripture, they are going to go to hell. Isn't that a merciful God?

Look, its great that you believe in a higher power, but don't preach and don't tell people that its the only thing you can do for people when its not true. As for everyone that is offended by Sharky stating facts, we live in a world where facts are greater than made up things. Funny how it was OK to state something about religion, but against it is taboo?

I hope Yu Suzuki finds his parents.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2011, 03:56:57 pm »
I do not give a shit about religion, it is how Sharky treats people in general, I am pretty sick of it. Saying "Giving money is 100% more effective than praying" multiple times is the same as saying anyone without money is not doing anything. His comments against religion that he has said in the past and how he has singled out people so many times are pretty rough anyways, so I do not care to argue that point further when we all know.

I like how he brings up old arguments about me goofing off. We all know I can go overboard, sometimes way too far, but I have always apologized for it on here. Always. And I have helped you guys do a lot of things too. I assumed Sharky could move on, but he loves conflict more than anything and goes out of the way to make it last as long as possible, unless there was any other good reason to keep Fluffy on the forums for so long?

This is bullshit. I cannot believe I asked multiple members to stay on these forums because I thought it would get better.