Author Topic: Yu Suzuki opting crowdfuning for Shenmue III  (Read 7759 times)

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
Re: Yu Suzuki opting crowdfuning for Shenmue III
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2013, 02:36:48 pm »
basically if yu suzuki does the talk he has to do the walk

come on seriously.
And he has to do handcuff lighting lol. Jacky Bryant references is my favorite pass time.

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline jonboy101

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2013, 10:32:16 pm »
Well, Sega gave him the license to do that VIRTUA FIGHTER mobile card game which they were(sega) atached to. So they could easily do it again. The problem is for me is whether Suzuki can make it work because the game has been absent for a long time. If anything it has the fans expectations to meet which it can't possible live up to. Another problem for me is that former Sega alumni have not been able to create a game that match up to the games they made while they were in Sega.  Naka came close but that game was made for Sega, since then his other titles have been forgettable. Mizuguchi didn't make anything noteworthy and Suzuki so far seems to be going the same direction.

The boys who were over in STI would beg to differ. Mark Cerny? Stieg Hedlund? Didn't one of Sega's alums just finish making a Playstation, for god sake?

Mizuguchi's Child of Eden is allegedly good stuff. Oshima hasn't exactly been out of the limelight either. Yoshi's Island DS was a solid effort, as was Blue Dragon. Yasuhara's got some work done over at Naughty Dog; wasn't he the lead designer for the Jax and Uncharted games?

Oba, Naka and Suzuki have all been duds though; have any of them made a solid game since 2005?

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2013, 12:07:04 pm »
Good doesn't equal successful and none of those titles you mentioned were particulary succesful or memorable compared to their Sega output. That's the point i'm making.

Offline jonboy101

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2013, 06:11:52 am »
I'm not going to look up the numbers, but I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say Uncharted did better than Kid Chameleon. Mitzuguchi hadn't made a successful game at Sega since Sega Rally, or so. His puzzle games on PSP and DS, I think, did better than Space Chanel 5. Etc etc

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2013, 06:31:46 am »
Not disputing Jax or UC but I dunno if Yashura was the sole reason why those titles happened, which is why i didn't count them. REZ was fairly moderate as was SC5, if the game made its budget back its deemed succesful. Anything on top of the budget depending on percentage is a bonus. I think the games Miz did for Sega can fall into that catergory since his non Sega Rally titles have been exploited by Sega with ports, meaning that the originals sold reasonably well enough for them to consider doing that in the first place.