Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General SEGA Discussion / Re: Sega Forever
« Last post by max_cady on Today at 05:11:31 am »
So far I haven't had issues with Phantasy Star 2... The Crazy Taxi port is pretty damn good. But yeah, it's a bit of a mess right now. I'm guessing they'll release Chu Cu Rocket too, or rather re-release since that game was de-listed some time ago.
« Last post by Tad on June 26, 2017, 11:14:36 pm »
I managed to get the DS4 connected, but it's got some really bad latency problems that render it useless. Crazy Taxi should have been in there considering it's already on phones. I hate all the bashing going on, but it does seem Sega's first step wasn't it's best foot. However, they seem to be really behind this so far and we'll have to see if they do fix the problems.

I wonder what the next set of games will be mind. Outrun? Guardian Heroes? Panzer Dragoon? Either way, I'm guessing Sonic 2 or CD will be in there.
« Last post by Shun-Di on June 26, 2017, 09:43:51 pm »
I'm a very big fan of this project. Since its on phones and free I've finally been able to convince some friends to give some of these games a try. Especially ones that don't play games as much anymore or are always moving on to the next big thing and don't go back to older stuff often.

I see a lot of people all over the internet not accepting this because it's not on consoles. I have all of the games that have been released so far many times over already without ads. However I don't drag my ps3, nomad, or even 3ds anymore with me unless I'm going on a trip. I always have my phone on me though. I don't know if I would have ever played phantasy star again, especially when I have so many choices at home but I'm having a lot of playing it on breaks at work, ect.

I do wonder why Crazy Taxi isn't under the Sega Forever label. It's been free on the app store for awhile now and has the new Sega Forever Sega logo that's chips from smooth to pixled at the start. That would have hushed some of the whining that they only put out genesis games.

My only real complaint is that sonic 1 has a virtual joystick instead of a d pad. That sounds absurd to complain about, being that it's virtual but it feels so incredibly loose compared to the Sonic CD release on mobile that has a d pad

Yeah I kept making sonic face the wrong direction and hell in Marble zone i couldn't get past act 1 just because I couldn't stop Sonic on top of that chain thing that goes up n down.  Yeah control is definetely an issue.  But when I play Comix Zone, it controls perfectly.  it just lags and the sound crackles due to it being played on a crappy old android.  :p Other than that, Crazy Taxi controls fine with touch controls.  I've been competing with my own timed records and getting better n better.  :D Love it!  Altered Beast is alright, it doesn't slow down as much.  It controls fine too.  I would like to use a real controller, how do you set up a controller for it?  Can I use my PS3 controller?
« Last post by ribbitking17 on June 26, 2017, 07:10:27 pm »
I'm a very big fan of this project. Since its on phones and free I've finally been able to convince some friends to give some of these games a try. Especially ones that don't play games as much anymore or are always moving on to the next big thing and don't go back to older stuff often.

I see a lot of people all over the internet not accepting this because it's not on consoles. I have all of the games that have been released so far many times over already without ads. However I don't drag my ps3, nomad, or even 3ds anymore with me unless I'm going on a trip. I always have my phone on me though. I don't know if I would have ever played phantasy star again, especially when I have so many choices at home but I'm having a lot of playing it on breaks at work, ect.

I do wonder why Crazy Taxi isn't under the Sega Forever label. It's been free on the app store for awhile now and has the new Sega Forever Sega logo that's chips from smooth to pixled at the start. That would have hushed some of the whining that they only put out genesis games.

My only real complaint is that sonic 1 has a virtual joystick instead of a d pad. That sounds absurd to complain about, being that it's virtual but it feels so incredibly loose compared to the Sonic CD release on mobile that has a d pad
Gaming / Re: Gaming News
« Last post by Tad on June 26, 2017, 03:11:04 pm »
Valkyria Revolution out tomorrow: https://twitter.com/SEGA/status/879428989009371137
General SEGA Discussion / Re: The Top 100 SEGA Games - Discussion
« Last post by ribbitking17 on June 26, 2017, 02:17:41 pm »
Very cool, thank you!
General SEGA Discussion / New Chao Garden concepts
« Last post by Shun-Di on June 26, 2017, 12:15:49 pm »
So Pokemon GO was big for a while and sorta fizzled out.  Yeah they are adding gold and silver stuff, but people couldn't really do much with it.  It was just a quick fad.  So I figured, where did it go wrong?  Pokemon of the same type would take over certain areas and people in smaller areas got screwed.  You couldn't do much with your Pokemon either.  So I made the comparison with Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 and the Advance series Chao Garden.  VMUs and GBAs allowed you to take your Chao on the go, even if you couldn't do much.  So then I got a pencil and paper and started expanding on that to make it more in depth and how it could work for Android and iPhone and even Vita, Switch, and 3DS.  Online support, outside world gameplay, console and PC connectivity.  Cross play, breeding with other player's chao to get a new egg for each player, battling, mini games, racing, black markets, letting your Chao find rings in the real world on your phone or handheld systems, taking photos of animals or scanning them at the Zoo with special bar codes or whatever to get animals to fuse with your Chao, special gardens online where your Chao can interact with other Chao and play.  Chao heaven and hell.  Just an entirely new Chao game, seperate from Adventure or Advance unless they release on handheld or console.  It would be faster and easier if they focus on it seperately and then put the garden with Sonic games afterwards so each Sonic game would allow connectivity with the garden.  I've been brainstorming all week for it.  I really think this could work.  Someone please tell Sega this.  :D  I'm sure fans would love this idea!
Gaming / Re: Gaming News
« Last post by sonicer on June 26, 2017, 01:18:15 am »
Oh, that's very good news. I like them :afroman:
Gaming / Re: What are you playing, stupid?
« Last post by max_cady on June 25, 2017, 04:37:56 pm »
Sorry for the double-post... I just wanted to get this out of the way...

Yakuza 0 is a good game. It's damn good game! It's so damn good it hurts!

For context's sake, the only other game that I've played was the original Yakuza on the PS2. A really good game. It had everything, RPG-esque gameplay, lots of street fights, a great story and amazing locals. This is my second game... And I think that Goro Majima is the greatest villain / anti-hero in this game series, hands down! I assume this is an origin story, which makes his chapters a lot of fun to play.
Everything Else / Re: Politics
« Last post by Shun-Di on June 25, 2017, 05:16:29 am »
People act out emotionally, not stopping to think things through.  It pisses off both the accusers of racism or homophobia and the ones who are accused of being racist or homophobic, it ends up just making it worse.  Identity politics is bullshit.  The only time people are portrayed poorly in the media these days is because of political satire they themselves brought about by acting that way in the first place.  It creates stereotypes they claim are not true.  It's gotten so out of hand that all of it may as well be satire.  Everyone is a special little snowflake.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10