Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I still think what people were expecting based on the amount raised is a little out of touch. People think that a few million dollars somehow can afford a top notch team for years of work?

Well said.
Nope. That's just passive-aggressive behavior to shut down an argument.

The new faces are terrible and we all know it and can see it. Like I said the old 1998 What Shenmue head demos look better and that's on the DC and in 1998. Shenmue real time screens shots shown for the 1st time didn't look any lesser than the final game. Why didn't SEGA just give Suzuki-san the original Shenmue head maquettes to laser scan in, I don't know
Looking over that, almost anyone in the industry can make nice looking environments in Unreal 4, even people in their spare time and less than a day, one has to think hard of a bad looking Unreal 4 game even ones made by fans.

Its clear as day, the game is lacking funds and manpower and Yu Suzuki and the amazing IP its self-deserve so much better. Can only see this being another NiGHTS Journey of Dreams  let down a game done on the cheap and disappoints the fans and the IP
I still think what people were expecting based on the amount raised is a little out of touch. People think that a few million dollars somehow can afford a top notch team for years of work?

It probably wouldn't have gone down well, but I would have been happy if the game continued with the look of Shenmue 1 & 2 in HD and just some touch up work to correct texture stretching or Z axis fighting etc. That way less money would have been spent getting AO, Lighting, more detail and so on correct and more spent on overall content. Maybe it would have been okay if clearly stated in the kickstarter that they're going for the retro look, but who knows.
"What other than thinking and acting like a complete fanboy?"

Nope. That's just passive-aggressive behavior to shut down an argument.

The game hasn't been in production that long and so far you've picked fault with everything. Literally everything. While it's true unreal can make a lot of things look amazing, that's the same for any game developer who puts the time and effort in. Those Shenmue screenshots alone show custom models, custom textures and so on. So, yes, while they probably did use the same process as that unreal video shows, it doesn't make it a good argument to attack the project with.

Just to clarify, I'm not a fanboy at all. I do however know how game development works and how it eventually all clicks together and I'm hoping further down the line, this will happen. From what we've seen, the character models and animations still look very rough, but intill we're actually close to release, I don't see why anyone should worry. Come a few months before it's release and let's say it still looks like this, then I'll criticise it.

"The simple fact is the very 1st Real time shot we saw of the Dreamcast Shenmue characters looked better than the current ones The characters demo's in What's Shenmue  show eye's, hair and facial detail much better than what we have now and that was a demo back in 1998."

Yes, and do you know what the difference is between this project and publisher/first party ones are?

First party/publishers spend days, weeks even, setting up a seperate build of their project for a public demo or press events. Yu Suzuki doesn't have that money to waste.
So, it's exactly as anyone with the ability to think thought.

What other than thinking and acting like a complete fanboy? The simple fact is the very 1st Real time shot we saw of the Dreamcast Shenmue characters looked better than the current ones The characters demo's in What's Shenmue  show eye's, hair and facial detail much better than what we have now and that was a demo back in 1998.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE2gPFEXIvA

And for all this talk of environments I've seen little that wasn't used in Shenmue II and how bad looking Unreal 4 games has anyway one seen ? Even fan demo's of Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil Mario look stunning in Unreal 4 and this is what one person can do in a day in Unreal 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzoY062kY1s

The game characters look poor and even now little of the game is being shown off. Its not going to be the Epic Shenmue that fans deserve or want, but Shenmue done on the cheap and you can get it get ripped apart when it ships, unless we see Huge improvements  And no SEGA or SONY don't want to go near this game at all . Horrible to see Yu GOD Suzuki being used by SONY and dumped on by SEGA

So, it's exactly as anyone with the ability to think thought. There's some great new bits of info there mind too. They're building a fighting system with the Unreal engine and it seems they've gotten more money. Interesting.

Great work MasterChan777 and you Centrale.
General SEGA Discussion / Re: Sonic 25th Anniversary - Offical Topic.
« Last post by Berto on Today at 12:01:26 am »
I'll never trust Pocket Gamer review / score again. Ever !
Used to look up that website for searching good mobile games, but never again.

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Switch/Sonic%20Mania/review.asp?c=75036
MasterChan777 at shenmuedojo.com has translated a summary of a Game Watch Japan interview with Yu Suzuki earlier today that sheds some interesting light on what we've seen so far.

• The released Shenmue III teaser footage is real-time in-game graphics.
  • All character models are temporary and subject to change.
  • Facial animations were initially implemented but have been removed about a month ago.
He goes on to list further information from the interview, but rather than copy and paste his post, take a look for yourself: http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=51001
General SEGA Discussion / Re: So....Valkyria Revolution's reviews have showed up.
« Last post by max_cady on August 22, 2017, 06:25:28 pm »
I suspect that going to Basil for upgrades, switching battle palletes and doing R&D is similar to how the R&D worked in Valkyria Chronicles. Though that latter was all menu-based this one, you have manually move around Amlet. I only just realized that ragnite wasn't just for upgrading the characters skill trees, you can attach ragnite into a character's battle pallet.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10