Author Topic: SEGA and Tokyo game show 2014  (Read 16006 times)

Offline Mariano

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Segarion
    • Funnoticias
SEGA and Tokyo game show 2014
« on: September 12, 2014, 12:10:07 pm »
Hello, i hope everybody is fine.
Here i bring the SEGA line up for the TGS 2014:

http://gematsu.com/2014/09/sega-announces-tgs-2014-lineup-new-hatsune-miku-project-announced

Very interesting.

Also i open this topic if someone here want to talk about the TGS in general.

Offline TruthEnigma

• Total Meseta: 2
Re: SEGA and Tokyo game show 2014
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 12:26:24 pm »
Definitely interested to see the 2 Sonic Boom titles. Considering how hit and miss Sonic Team has been of late, the fresh set of eyes could be interesting.

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 12:42:40 pm »
A most impressive lineup.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 01:01:10 pm »
I'm pretty keen to see Sonic Boom as well. I'm hoping it turns out nicely.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 01:12:26 pm »
I'm pretty keen to see Sonic Boom as well. I'm hoping it turns out nicely.

You haven't been paying attention Mang?

It's basically Sonic Heroes 2 but with more combat.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 01:17:16 pm »
Boom 3DS is looking promising. 2D exploration like Tails Adventure and Sonic CD with Sonic Rivals races and character switching. Honestly, I'm nore exicted for Boom on 3DS than Wii U.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2014, 01:24:09 pm »
Yeah the Wii U version lacks a sort of spark or passion in the project that other Sonic titles (Even the lesser ones like Sonic Unleashed) all had, to me it comes across as very by the books and/or massively focus tested. I haven't really been paying much attention to the 3DS version.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2014, 01:27:03 pm »
You haven't been paying attention Mang?

It's basically Sonic Heroes 2 but with more combat.

Clearly I haven't been paying attention. That's a real shame. Sonic franchise is obviously cursed, even developers other than Sonic Team can't make a good game out of it.

I'll still check out the trailers maybe, it'll either be a nice surprise or a train-wreck I'm guessing.

Offline Kuronoa

• Total Meseta: 3
    • Segalization
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2014, 04:20:57 pm »
Sonic Heroes was fun :<
but I don't care about Sonic Boom.  Like the Pac-man cartoon tie-in before that.

The lineup is pretty great.  A nice balance of genres and IPs.  I would be even more interested if half those were localized.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2014, 07:30:54 pm »
I honestly thing Sonic Boom looks like the biggest pile of shit... Honestly it is the exact opposite of everything I want out of  a Sonic game- or any game. From the Character redesigns to the way they never stop yapping cheesy nonsense... The fact that there is a battle system at all... Literally it's just the worst thing.
Made by SEGA

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2014, 06:51:27 am »
I honestly thing Sonic Boom looks like the biggest pile of shit... Honestly it is the exact opposite of everything I want out of  a Sonic game- or any game. From the Character redesigns to the way they never stop yapping cheesy nonsense... The fact that there is a battle system at all... Literally it's just the worst thing.

It looks like the sonic version of the  Teletubbies to me..still it could be good....

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2014, 10:56:54 am »
Here's my quick thoughts on Boom:

The cartoon: really looking forward to this, animation looks solid and I think the 11 minute format is a good idea. AoStH and Underground often dragged at the halfway point (okay, Underground dragged at the first minute), so I think shorter will be better. I'm interested to see how big the Boom universe will end up being with the show + the games.

The comic: Again, looking forward to this. The artwork in what we've seen looks good, and it's a fresh universe outside of Archie Sonic which IMO is too big and cluttered and unreadable (even after the reboot). Bonus points for the comic being canon.

The toys: Eh, I'll get the Eggman one with the Eggmobile and not much else. They look like a step sidewats from the Jazwares attempts. Better paint job, worse movement.

3DS: See my previous comment: http://segabits.com/forums/index.php?topic=3186.msg68200#msg68200

Wii U: Looks alright, but I'm not approaching it as the next Sonic game. It's just too different. Looks more like Jax and Daxter with a sprinkling of Sonic Heroes. Nothing has really grabbed me yet, and the camera during the speed stages is really bad from what I've seen. Hopefully my attitude improves once I go hands-on with it (perhaps at Sonic Boom NYC?)

So basically: Print/TV looks great, games look 50/50, toys look decent but I'll pass on them.

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2014, 11:03:41 am »
Good to hear that the TV show is looking great. Easily the most anticipated medium of that series for me.

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2014, 11:14:11 am »
When western Journalists are at TGS 2014, they should ask Nagoshi not only about Yakuza, but all things Sega. Journalists should realize he's not only the Yakuza guy, but CCO of Sega.

The werstern situation of all their content, and also their future of console content outside of Yakuza...like, I would like to ask if the CANVAS Engine will ever get used again?

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2014, 02:40:08 pm »
Nagoshi has an aversion to journalists from what i hear..you'd really have to lock him down in a room to get him to answer questions otherwise he won't answer them in the environment of TGS where they are busy presenting titles since they are event and hardly Q/A sessions...