Author Topic: Have you jumped into the new gen yet?  (Read 21480 times)

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
Re: Have you jumped into the new gen yet?
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2015, 11:28:06 pm »
I had an Xbox One. I could not use it because I don't have the right type of Internet connection at my house. I tried a different connection. The problem was that it used way to much data from my connection, and it took way too long to download. Is the PS4 any different?

The average XBOX One and PS4 game size ranges from 30GB to 40GB. The average XBOX 360 and PS3 games ranged from 4GB to 16GB. Unless you were Kojima, then your game was the full capacity of the bluray disc on PS3, 50GB. lol

So yeah, PS4 wouldn't be any different for you. Probably better off buying all major games physically until you get a better internet connection.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2015, 01:28:25 am »
Like I argued on Sega Forums, if your internet speed blows, I don't recommend downloading digital next gen games. If you pick up a PS4 get physical copies like Will said.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2015, 05:59:09 pm »
Due to crazy circumstances I just was given a ps4 and a potpourri of games (Dragonball XV, Shadow of Mordor, Alien : Isolation, Wolfenstein, DA: Inquisition, Bloodborne) and am feeling completely overwhelmed by the amount of titles suddenly at my disposal.  Anyone have a suggestion as to what order I should tackle these in?  I played a little Alien and was completely blown away by the visuals and atmosphere.  REALLY shitty character animation is hurting the experience somewhat but not by much. 
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 06:01:19 pm by Radrappy »

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2015, 06:27:54 pm »
If you like dying a lot and taking your time figuring out ways of defeating enemies, Bloodborne, if you want a stealth horror game Alien. Wolfenstein is good too, Shadow of Mordor is fun but repetitive and I haven't played the rest.

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2015, 10:05:19 pm »
I've been wondering why I can't get into Dark Souls.. I think it's probably cause I hate dying and replaying the same shit over and over again..

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2015, 11:39:19 pm »
Then skip it for sure.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2015, 09:13:19 am »
Due to crazy circumstances I just was given a ps4 and a potpourri of games (Dragonball XV, Shadow of Mordor, Alien : Isolation, Wolfenstein, DA: Inquisition, Bloodborne) and am feeling completely overwhelmed by the amount of titles suddenly at my disposal.  Anyone have a suggestion as to what order I should tackle these in?  I played a little Alien and was completely blown away by the visuals and atmosphere.  REALLY shitty character animation is hurting the experience somewhat but not by much. 

Ayyy LMAO and Bloodborne you should play, use the rest as colourful coffee coasters to prevent your table getting stained, or as frisbees to play with in the front yard.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2015, 11:26:56 am »
Wolfenstein is great.
SEG4GES

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2015, 05:17:46 pm »
Then skip it for sure.

Such a bummer cause it looks soo good too..

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2015, 08:16:26 am »
Such a bummer cause it looks soo good too..

Try it out. You die a lot, but it's not overly punishing, and it's quite fun. When you die, it feels like "I need to learn to fight this guy better", not 'that was bullshit'.

Let me know if you play it on Steam, we can even do some co-op stuff :)

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2015, 05:35:43 pm »
Try it out. You die a lot, but it's not overly punishing, and it's quite fun. When you die, it feels like "I need to learn to fight this guy better", not 'that was bullshit'.

Let me know if you play it on Steam, we can even do some co-op stuff :)

You have a PS4? I was planning on buying one soon, pretty sure i'll buy Bloodborne with it.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2015, 08:52:39 am »
You have a PS4? I was planning on buying one soon, pretty sure i'll buy Bloodborne with it.

No PS4, I probably won't be getting into the next gen for a while tbh.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2015, 09:39:01 am »
Haven't jump on the new gen yet.

There's just not that many games seducing me..mostly because almost all the exciting ones are also coming out on PC.
I'm also hopeful that slim versions are coming out soon.

Either way, maybe I'll get an Xbone after Halo 5 drops.
SEG4GES

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2015, 09:53:48 am »
For me, tempting games are Sunset Overdrive, Crimson Dragon (I already own it thanks to Games with Gold, but I don't own an Xbox One), Star Wars Battlefront, Mad Max, and Alien: Isolation (own it for PC, but my PC is nowhere near as powerful as a PS4 or Xbox One).

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2015, 10:44:30 am »
Gotta say that Phil Spencer really fixed Xbox. The urge to get one grew pretty big in the last year.