Author Topic: Introduction thread! - Come and tell us who you are!  (Read 366901 times)

Offline Ryudo

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: Introduction thread! - Come and tell us who you are!
« Reply #360 on: June 09, 2015, 04:26:08 pm »
Won't say my real name but been floating around the web for 14 years. Belonged to one SEGA game forums for a decade before leaving. Won't say which but some may be able to guess by my name if they belonged there as well. 32 years old. I am obsessed with Dreamcast. Like seriously. My fave system ever. Second fave is SNES. Tho I originally gew up on NES in 1996 got a Game Gear and was my first non Nintendo system. I now collect from retro to modern of any system. I'm a major SEGA fan,well SEGA 1999 and back.  I still like some of their games but the SEGA I loved is gone.

I live in Utah have a Youtube Channel I do for fun. I do not work as I am disabled but I still get around keep busy and have fun.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #361 on: June 09, 2015, 05:20:51 pm »
Hey man, welcome! Look forward to your contributions.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Nei

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #362 on: November 25, 2015, 03:38:07 am »
Hi guys, I have been lurking around for ages here and decided it was finally time for me to come out of the woodwork and interact with the community.

I grew up with Sega's systems (Megadrive to Dreamcast) and since those days I kinda turned into a RPG buff, but I still play mostly everything if it's SegaA. My favourite Sega IPs are probably Phantasy Star and Valkyria but with such a cool array of titles it's really a difficult choice.

I hope to contribute in some form to the community, even if it's just by sheer cheerfulness when something like Valkyria Revolution gets announced ;-D
better in daydreaming

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #363 on: November 25, 2015, 11:13:43 am »
Hey there Nei. Great nick and avatar. Welcome to the forums

Offline Nei

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #364 on: November 25, 2015, 03:32:26 pm »
Hey there Nei. Great nick and avatar. Welcome to the forums

Thanks ;)
better in daydreaming

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #365 on: November 25, 2015, 05:36:50 pm »
Welcome to the forums, Nei! :)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #366 on: November 26, 2015, 09:44:07 am »
Welcome, Nei!

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #367 on: December 11, 2015, 10:02:52 pm »
Pour one out for Chad. Our first self imposed deletion.

Offline Artwark

« Reply #368 on: December 18, 2015, 09:45:28 am »
My name is Artwark and while I'm a huge Nintendo fan, I still have a bit of a soft spot with SEGA especially when it comes to one of my favorite characters namely Sonic.

Hopefully, my perspective and opinions don't unnecessarily alienate anyone around here.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #369 on: December 18, 2015, 11:53:59 am »
Welcome Artwark! Nothing wrong with differing opinions, as long as you respect other members and they do the same. :)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #370 on: December 18, 2015, 12:10:15 pm »
My name is Artwark and while I'm a huge Nintendo fan, I still have a bit of a soft spot with SEGA especially when it comes to one of my favorite characters namely Sonic.

Hopefully, my perspective and opinions don't unnecessarily alienate anyone around here.
Go loose go crazy if you ask me hehe. Nah but seriously. Welcome to the forums. A fellow nintendo appreciator here.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #371 on: December 19, 2015, 07:20:33 am »
Welcome to the forum ArtWark... I liked the Gamecube.
Made by SEGA

Offline segababy88baby

« Reply #372 on: January 18, 2016, 11:23:48 pm »
  I'm a little late to this and kind of already started posting in other threads before posting here, but what the hell...

My username is segababy88baby, in reference to Sega being my first video game love, and my birth year.  I used to post on 1Up before they sadly had to fold, and that was maybe the last gaming forum I posted at until I went to NeoGAF back in 2013, over the PS4/XBO hype and all.  However among other issues, one thing that's become apparent to me there is that it isn't necessarily Sega-friendly, even regarding the retro side of things.  There are Sega fans there of course, but sometimes reading the bull crap that comes from certain posters regarding the company (not just present, but past/glory years too) is disheartening, and I felt I needed to find a place that was more well versed and respectful of the company's output as a whole.  And as such, I've ended up here  ;)

If you're curious, you can still find me over on GAF under the username 'jhmtehgamr20xx'; I'm also an illustrator fwiw tho I'm more concerned with building myself up to make that a professional thing.  I have a deviantart as well (http://fngrscr8dstroui.deviantart.com/); despite the account name I go by the handle 'Cist' now, and hope to have a site set up for a portfolio of stuff as I create more pieces.  At the moment, I like aiming for a mix of original and fanart stuff, and definitely plan on doing more Sega fanart in particular soon, including stuff such as the Panzer Dragoon games of course (which I feel are just some of the most artistically inspired games out there, regardless of time, system, or developer).

And yeah, it's been awesome being here and chatting with folks.  Very glad to be here now  :)

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #373 on: January 20, 2016, 02:36:16 am »
Welcome to the forum! Awesome art of Azel, on your Deviant Art page. I'm also an artist (though I don't really put any of it online.)
Made by SEGA

Offline segababy88baby

« Reply #374 on: January 21, 2016, 12:03:59 am »
Welcome to the forum! Awesome art of Azel, on your Deviant Art page. I'm also an artist (though I don't really put any of it online.)
  Ah cool, thanks!  I'm definitely trying to get more active and get a good mix of fanart and original stuff.  Hopefully things work out.

Would love to see some of your own art sometime.  Traditional artist by chance?  Watercolor?  Oil?  Acrylic?