Author Topic: SEGA Live Action Movies Thread - "Of course I want a latte!"  (Read 111090 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
Re: SEGA Live Action Movies Thread - "Of course I want a latte!"
« Reply #585 on: April 09, 2023, 10:40:06 pm »
Douglas Einar Olsen who work on storyboards for the first two Sonic movies will work on the Knuckles TV show according to his website

Douglas Einar Olsen is an American Director, Storyboard Artist and Art Director with over 10 years experience in the TV Animation and Film Industries. 
Recent directing credits include Rick and Morty, Fairfax, Major Lazer, Axe Cop, Golan the Insatiable and the independently produced hit music video, 'Professional Rapper' by Lil Dicky [feat. Snoop Dogg].  Storyboard credits include feature films Sonic the Hedgehog 1 & 2 and Venture Bros.  He also contributes as a lecturer, educator and curator for the experimental animation screening series, PROTOZOA.
Raised in Smithtown NY, Douglas studied under local illustrator and educator Jeffery K Fisher before going on to attend the Rhode Island School of Design (Illustration '04).  He continued his studies abroad in Rome, Tuscany and Berlin.
Currently he is based in Los Angeles, CA.

Source : https://dougolsen.com/about

Offline Berto

« Reply #586 on: April 10, 2023, 01:50:34 am »
Russia's Invasion Of Ukraine Had An Impact On Apple's Tetris Movie

"We couldn’t get Nikita [Efremov], who plays Alexey, because the war had started in Ukraine, and [the UK] wasn’t allowing anybody in.
The only place we could get Nikita to was Serbia.
It was the only place in Europe, as there were no visas allowed for Russian actors."

The team therefore had to travel to Serbia and meticulously recreate Alexey’s apartment to complete the single day of shooting required to get the shots they needed. In the ...

Article : https://www.timeextension.com/news/2023/03/russias-invasion-of-ukraine-had-an-impact-on-apples-tetris-movie

Offline Berto

« Reply #587 on: April 10, 2023, 02:20:01 am »
Experience what it was like to play the original version of Tetris!

To celebrate the launch of the Tetris movie on Apple TV+, desktop users can enjoy a special edition of the game that pays tribute to Alexey's original creation!

Link : https://bit.ly/playtetris_e60

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #588 on: April 10, 2023, 06:47:15 pm »
Yeah, both obsession and addiction sometimes leads to unhealthy life style such lack of sleep and unhealthy instant food.
Yep, If Dr. Robotnik falls for those habits to get the Hedgehog he will become obese.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #589 on: April 10, 2023, 07:05:10 pm »
Eitherway, Sonic movies are doing great. Mario movie sucks! Haha... W-wait! Why are you flying past those box office records so fast!? WHY ARE YOU OVERTAKING FROZEN 2!?!?

Offline Berto

« Reply #590 on: April 10, 2023, 08:05:42 pm »
Eitherway, Sonic movies are doing great. Mario movie sucks! Haha... W-wait! Why are you flying past those box office records so fast!? WHY ARE YOU OVERTAKING FROZEN 2!?!?

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #591 on: April 11, 2023, 11:36:14 am »

So Mario's new movie is bringing attention back to his old movie as well? That never happened with Sonics movie and his OVA!

Offline Berto

« Reply #592 on: April 11, 2023, 10:18:49 pm »
So Mario's new movie is bringing attention back to his old movie as well? That never happened with Sonics movie and his OVA!

Well, unlike old Mario Movie, Sonic OVA is always (unofficially) watchable on Youtube. There are tons of them.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #593 on: April 13, 2023, 10:08:36 am »
I would say "Maybe there is still hope" but this is Nintendo/Illunimati we're on about.

Offline Berto

« Reply #594 on: April 13, 2023, 07:54:19 pm »
I would say "Maybe there is still hope" but this is Nintendo/Illunimati we're on about.

A perfect combination.
They'll make a lot more of soulless comfortable nothing movies that guaranteed to sell.
Sorry, but while Mario movie is enjoyable and fun for whole family, I still prefer Tetris movie more.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #595 on: April 14, 2023, 10:57:40 pm »
A perfect combination.
They'll make a lot more of soulless comfortable nothing movies that guaranteed to sell.
Sorry, but while Mario movie is enjoyable and fun for whole family, I still prefer Tetris movie more.
I heard one of the reasons Illumination movies are popular is because they don't shoehorn political correctness into their movies. I mean there's still coloured people and perhaps some LGBT+ characters but they don't make it a big deal as Disney does it these days.

Offline Berto

« Reply #596 on: April 15, 2023, 06:02:48 am »
I heard one of the reasons Illumination movies are popular is because they don't shoehorn political correctness into their movies. I mean there's still coloured people and perhaps some LGBT+ characters but they don't make it a big deal as Disney does it these days.

Yes, funny thing is some people thought the rainbow road in the movie poster was representing LGBT symbol.
They clearly never played Mario Kart.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #597 on: April 15, 2023, 07:18:58 pm »
Yes, funny thing is some people thought the rainbow road in the movie poster was representing LGBT symbol.
They clearly never played Mario Kart.
I was hoping it would be some sort of interesting new rivalry between Sonic and Mario, but it seems like Mario wins with only so much effort.

I mean, I imagine Illumination put just as much effort into the Mario movie as they do with their other movies bit because it has Mario's face on it of course this alerts the horde.

This is why I believe Mario has such an ego! (Also, this aged well.)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2023, 07:22:33 pm by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

« Reply #598 on: April 16, 2023, 01:47:28 am »
I was hoping it would be some sort of interesting new rivalry between Sonic and Mario, but it seems like Mario wins with only so much effort.

I mean, I imagine Illumination put just as much effort into the Mario movie as they do with their other movies bit because it has Mario's face on it of course this alerts the horde.

This is why I believe Mario has such an ego! (Also, this aged well.)

Ting tang walla walla bing bang !!!

But he is indeed charming enough to support his ego.
Even my kids who grew up in SEGA environment love Mario.
I also don't hate Mario, thought most of his games didn't click with me, Mario Odyssesy is still one of my favorite games on Switch.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #599 on: April 17, 2023, 08:07:29 am »
Ting tang walla walla bing bang !!!

But he is indeed charming enough to support his ego.
Even my kids who grew up in SEGA environment love Mario.
I also don't hate Mario, thought most of his games didn't click with me, Mario Odyssesy is still one of my favorite games on Switch.
I know Sonic has a bit of an ego himself but it's like Nintendo are the parents that spoil him rotten. Mario is a boy sure (maybe a sociopath) but where most parents try to provide what's best for their kids, Nintendo give their boy an empire.