Author Topic: SEGA Live Action Movies Thread - "Of course I want a latte!"  (Read 106866 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
Re: SEGA Live Action Movies Thread - "Of course I want a latte!"
« Reply #420 on: June 21, 2022, 08:57:28 pm »
Eh probably should of said my opinions on this subject here instead of the Sonic thread. Didn't like the dance scene, Altered Beast maybe and Sonic the Series & Knuckles.

I found the Siberian tavern scene to be my second least favourite scene in the movie. I found it rather "Well this movie is for kids, lets give them an obligatory dance scene with pop music.) I also found the whole thing rather cartoony with the granny knitting a pirate flag and the fish head saying "run". Isn't the whole point of Sonic and Tails being on Earth is a sense of realism?

When I first saw the pavonka guy, I thought he was going to turn into a werebear as a reference to Altered Beast.

That would of been so much cooler than a dance battle and would leave audience with a lot of questions that could be answered in an Altered Beast spin-off.

This scene and the wedding scene are definitely not for Sonic fans but more for general audiences.
Most of kids laughed like crazy on this scene in the cinema where I went and most adult laughed a lot at the wedding scene.
While it was cooler for SEGA fans if it was related to Altered Beast or other SEGA games, the movie's also trying to appeal general audiences too.
Who knows if any of them would be new Sonic fans later.
At least one of my kid's friend becoming a Sonic fan too after the movie and his favorite part was the dancing scene.
His favorite game is now Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, after playing two players mode with my kid.

Offline Berto

« Reply #421 on: June 22, 2022, 12:26:55 am »

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #422 on: June 22, 2022, 08:47:11 am »
This scene and the wedding scene are definitely not for Sonic fans but more for general audiences.
Most of kids laughed like crazy on this scene in the cinema where I went and most adult laughed a lot at the wedding scene.
While it was cooler for SEGA fans if it was related to Altered Beast or other SEGA games, the movie's also trying to appeal general audiences too.
Who knows if any of them would be new Sonic fans later.
At least one of my kid's friend becoming a Sonic fan too after the movie and his favorite part was the dancing scene.
His favorite game is now Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, after playing two players mode with my kid.
That's fair, I just wish I didn't feel cringey with those scenes myself. For example the Siberian tavern was suppose to entertain the general audience, mostly the kids. Because of that I couldn't help but feel "Am I a grown man who is unironically watching a kids movie here?" Y'know, the scariest mid-life crisis question "Am I old?". I know the movie also needs to cater for an audience other than Sonic fans and it's popularity is that it hits well with kids and general audience. I just wish I didn't feel old or outdated whenever there's dancing or flossing.

Offline Berto

« Reply #423 on: June 22, 2022, 08:20:40 pm »
That's fair, I just wish I didn't feel cringey with those scenes myself. For example the Siberian tavern was suppose to entertain the general audience, mostly the kids. Because of that I couldn't help but feel "Am I a grown man who is unironically watching a kids movie here?" Y'know, the scariest mid-life crisis question "Am I old?". I know the movie also needs to cater for an audience other than Sonic fans and it's popularity is that it hits well with kids and general audience. I just wish I didn't feel old or outdated whenever there's dancing or flossing.

I think it's not just limited to latest dancing trend and flossing, many things could make feel us old if we let them to.
May be just a kid innocently asking what pager, fax, or betamax is.

Offline Berto

« Reply #424 on: June 22, 2022, 10:26:16 pm »
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 Movie crosses 400 MILLION at the worldwide box office! 🎉

📈 #SonicMovie2 has officially surpassed a worldwide total gross of $400 million.

🔸 Now among the top 5 highest-grossing video game movies in the world.
🔸 International total stands at $209 million ahead of a Japanese debut in the summer.

Sources :
https://twitter.com/Cybrid101/status/1539727717213560833
 https://www.facebook.com/TailsChannel

Offline Berto

« Reply #425 on: June 23, 2022, 11:41:17 pm »
Sonic 2's Lee Majdoub had a plan to avoid stereotypes in casting

“Agent Stone got his own poster,” said an excited Majdoub during a phone call he took while strolling around Lost Lagoon recently.
“It was quite emotional. My family is so excited.
I didn’t think my name would be on it and for whatever reason it’s exciting to see your name and for my dad, being Lebanese, the family name means something.
I think in a lot of cultures it means something, but I think for him to see his family name on a poster was incredible,” said Majdoub, who has a long list of TV credits including The 100 and You Me Her.

Article : https://vancouversun.com/entertainment/movies/sonic-2s-lee-majdoub-had-a-plan-to-avoid-stereotypes-in-casting
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 11:43:55 pm by Berto »

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #426 on: June 24, 2022, 11:16:56 am »
I think it's not just limited to latest dancing trend and flossing, many things could make feel us old if we let them to.
May be just a kid innocently asking what pager, fax, or betamax is.

Yeah, I probably wouldn't date anyone who don't know what a Dreamcast VMU is.
Sonic 2's Lee Majdoub had a plan to avoid stereotypes in casting

Article : https://vancouversun.com/entertainment/movies/sonic-2s-lee-majdoub-had-a-plan-to-avoid-stereotypes-in-casting
It makes me very happy how Sonic's movie is sort of bringing out the best of people involved with it.

Offline Berto

« Reply #427 on: June 25, 2022, 01:24:46 am »
Yeah, I probably wouldn't date anyone who don't know what a Dreamcast VMU is.

Don't limit yourself like that.
If she's hot and kind, date her!

It makes me very happy how Sonic's movie is sort of bringing out the best of people involved with it.

Yeah. Turned out Sonic's not just bring happiness to gamers.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #428 on: June 25, 2022, 10:20:33 am »
Don't limit yourself like that.
If she's hot and kind, date her!
If the VMU was before her time I'd probably go to jail.
Yeah. Turned out Sonic's not just bring happiness to gamers.
That's good. I especially like how positive it's actors and celebrities around it are. They don't regard it as "another job" or "another paycheck", they love Sonic and genuinely want to give it their all.

Offline Berto

« Reply #429 on: June 26, 2022, 08:35:21 pm »
If the VMU was before her time I'd probably go to jail.

Depended on how far that "before" is.
VMU's really that old.

That's good. I especially like how positive it's actors and celebrities around it are. They don't regard it as "another job" or "another paycheck", they love Sonic and genuinely want to give it their all.

Yes, and it paid off positively.

Offline Berto

« Reply #430 on: June 27, 2022, 12:12:35 am »
Japanese version of Sonic the Hedgehog 2 movie will cast the hololive Virtual YouTuber Inugami Korone

The Sonic the Hedgehog franchise's Sonic Station Live! livestream announced that Paramount Pictures' Sonic the Hedgehog 2 sequel film will cast the hololive Virtual YouTuber Inugami Korone in the Japanese dub for an unspecified role.
In addition, the franchise's Japanese Twitter account unveiled Korone's collaboration outfit design.

Article : https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2022-06-24/sonic-the-hedgehog-2-film-japanese-dub-casts-hololive-inugami-korone/.186996

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #431 on: June 27, 2022, 04:25:05 pm »
Depended on how far that "before" is.
VMU's really that old.
The VMU is 23 years old. I wouldn't be above dating someone in their mid-twenties but earlier than that would pobably make me creepy.
Yes, and it paid off positively.
Can't wait to see how it will go for Sonic 3 and Streets of Rage.

Offline Berto

« Reply #432 on: June 30, 2022, 02:50:12 am »
'Sonic the Hedgehog 2' Tops U.K. Home Entertainment Chart

Paramount Pictures Home Entertainment’s Sonic the Hedgehog 2 moved up to No. 1 on the U.K’s Official Film Chart on digital sales only.
After being nipped for the top spot last week, the sequel co-starring Jim Carrey, moved past last week’s chart-topper The Batman from Warner Bros. Pictures.
The caped crusader didn’t fall far, landing at the No. 2 spot, thanks to sales on physical formats, including DVD, Blu-ray Disc and 4K UHD Blu-ray Disc. 

Article : https://www.mediaplaynews.com/sonic-the-hedgehog-2-tops-u-k-home-entertainment-chart/

Offline Berto

« Reply #433 on: July 01, 2022, 12:14:47 am »
SEGA exploring ATLUS live-action TV and movie adaptations

SEGA’s head of entertainment productions film and TV Toru Nakahara said, “ATLUS’ worlds are filled with high drama, cutting-edge style and compelling characters.
Stories like those from the Persona franchise really resonate with our fans and we see an opportunity to expand the lore like no one has seen—or played—before.”

Article : https://www.gematsu.com/2022/06/sega-exploring-atlus-live-action-tv-and-movie-adaptations

Offline Berto

« Reply #434 on: July 02, 2022, 12:44:04 am »
SEGA Rumors Roundup: Jet Set Radio 3, Shenmue 4 and a weird Sonic movie pitch

You hear that? It’s the sound of engines revving, which can only mean we got a roundup of SEGA rumors to drop on you today!
While some of these are indeed just rumors, others are cold hard facts.
Which is which? We will leave that for you to decide.
Because there are so many little bits of SEGA rumors, I’ll break it down into bullets ...

Article : http://segabits.com/blog/2022/07/01/sega-rumors-roundup-jet-set-radio-3-shenmue-4-and-a-weird-sonic-movie-pitch/