Author Topic: SEGA Live Action Movies Thread - "Of course I want a latte!"  (Read 106801 times)

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: SEGA Live Action Movies Thread - "Of course I want a latte!"
« Reply #450 on: August 15, 2022, 07:11:36 am »
We got Tintin and Asterix too.
And both of them are also on the games so they're kinda memorable too for gamers who aren't into comics.

Asterix and Obelix has had many movie adaptions and video games based on their comics.

TinTin had one game for the Mega Drive, one movie and a game based after the movie. I don't recall if he had any other games.

(When I was eight years old, I was given a teddy dog as a gift. At the time I really liked TinTin the animated series and thus I named this little stuffed dog "TinTin". I'm 34 years old now and I still can't get good night sleep without my teddy dog TinTin in my arms.)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
« Reply #451 on: August 15, 2022, 08:05:26 pm »
Asterix and Obelix has had many movie adaptions and video games based on their comics.

TinTin had one game for the Mega Drive, one movie and a game based after the movie. I don't recall if he had any other games.

He had many other games, but since I grew up with Mega Drive, I only played the Tibet one.

(When I was eight years old, I was given a teddy dog as a gift. At the time I really liked TinTin the animated series and thus I named this little stuffed dog "TinTin". I'm 34 years old now and I still can't get good night sleep without my teddy dog TinTin in my arms.)

It's good you still keep him.
My Teddy Bear was already MIA when earthquake destroyed my house back then.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #452 on: August 16, 2022, 11:24:50 am »
He had many other games, but since I grew up with Mega Drive, I only played the Tibet one.

Wow! He had lots of games!
It's good you still keep him.
My Teddy Bear was already MIA when earthquake destroyed my house back then.
Sorry to hear that.

Offline Berto

« Reply #453 on: August 18, 2022, 02:04:43 am »
Sorry to hear that.

It's all right now.
It's in the past and we received many kindness from so many people.
So it's kinda restored my faith on humanity.

Offline Berto

« Reply #454 on: August 18, 2022, 02:07:39 am »
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 movie plot points and new characters revealed

Tails’ Channel claims that two verified anonymous sources have told them “the synopsis was incorrect, and not indicative of Paramount’s current plans for the upcoming theatrical release”.
Here’s my take: This does not invalidate all the information nor does it mean that this information is false. It is likely Production Weekly’s information is from earlier work on the film that has since evolved.
Also, I find it odd that these sources claim the synopsis is incorrect given it is exactly what the Sonic 2 mid-credits scene sets up for a third film, yet they do not confirm or deny the mention of various characters.

Article : http://segabits.com/blog/2022/08/16/sonic-the-hedgehog-3-movie-plot-points-and-new-characters-revealed/

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #455 on: August 18, 2022, 11:55:28 am »
It's all right now.
It's in the past and we received many kindness from so many people.
So it's kinda restored my faith on humanity.

there's probably more bad or indifferent people in the world than good people, but that doesn't mean there are no good people.
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 movie plot points and new characters revealed

Article : http://segabits.com/blog/2022/08/16/sonic-the-hedgehog-3-movie-plot-points-and-new-characters-revealed/
Yeah, I remember talking about it over here on SNN.

Offline Berto

« Reply #456 on: August 18, 2022, 08:38:50 pm »
there's probably more bad or indifferent people in the world than good people, but that doesn't mean there are no good people.

More neutral ones I guess.
It's just ... Bad ones usually are louder.

Yeah, I remember talking about it over here on SNN.

They denied it though.
But if it's true, I'm more excited that Jim is coming back, more than the short apparance of Amy and Big.

Offline Berto

« Reply #457 on: August 18, 2022, 10:41:49 pm »
“Sonic 2 / Sonic VS Knuckles” Movie is Now Started Airing in Japan
Masato Nakamura (DREAMS COME TRUE) Interview : "The music I made 30 years ago has evolved and led to the present."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYH6veqUats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8YOHDD1nd4

"What led to the theme song for the movie was that Sonic game fans kept my music alive.
It wasn’t even credited, so everyone was free to cover it, and it was copyright-free.
That’s why people thought it must have been made by one of the SEGA employees." 

Article : https://japan.postsen.com/movies/21078/Masato-Nakamura-Interview-Sonic-the-Movie--Sonic-VS-Knuckles-The-music-I-made-30-years-ago-has-evolved-and-led-to-the-present-%E2%80%93-otocoto.html

Offline Berto

« Reply #458 on: August 19, 2022, 12:23:40 am »
‘Chip ‘n’ Dale: Rescue Rangers’ Director Akiva Schaffer on Ugly Sonic Spinoff

And while Schaffer has only had a few cursory meetings about a sequel, he knows who its star should be: Ugly Sonic (voiced by fellow Emmy nominee Tim Robinson), the once-star of the “Sonic the Hedgehog” movie who in the “Rescue Rangers” world is now working with the FBI.
“I love that character,” Schaffer said.
“I’m going to put this out there right now: the ‘LEGO Batman’-style spin-off movie for this movie? Give Ugly Sonic a whole movie.”   

Article : https://www.thewrap.com/chip-n-dale-rescue-rangers-ugly-sonic-spinoff-akiva-schaffer-interview/

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #459 on: August 19, 2022, 07:04:48 pm »
More neutral ones I guess.
It's just ... Bad ones usually are louder.
Aggressive people tend to be the more successful ones.
They denied it though.
But if it's true, I'm more excited that Jim is coming back, more than the short apparance of Amy and Big.
I believe Carrey said he wants to retire from acting for good, but he is still committed to Sonic's movie to continue as Robotnik for as long as they need him. Sega said they will respect and not recast Dr. Robotnik if Carrey ever decides to leave the Sonic movies.
‘Chip ‘n’ Dale: Rescue Rangers’ Director Akiva Schaffer on Ugly Sonic Spinoff

Article : https://www.thewrap.com/chip-n-dale-rescue-rangers-ugly-sonic-spinoff-akiva-schaffer-interview/
How would an Ugly Sonic movie even work?

Offline Berto

« Reply #460 on: August 19, 2022, 11:09:04 pm »
I believe Carrey said he wants to retire from acting for good, but he is still committed to Sonic's movie to continue as Robotnik for as long as they need him.
Sega said they will respect and not recast Dr. Robotnik if Carrey ever decides to leave the Sonic movies.

So it's still possible, right?

How would an Ugly Sonic movie even work?

With friends... Ugly Tails and Ugly Knuckles! Against the good Eggman.

Offline Berto

« Reply #461 on: August 19, 2022, 11:10:39 pm »
SEGA plans to make Space Channel 5 and Comix Zone film adaptations

SEGA has entered into a partnership with Picturestart to develop film adaptations of the Dreamcast classic Space Channel 5 and the SEGA Genesis platformer Comix Zone.
Space Channel 5 is being written by Barry Battles and Nir Paniry.
Battles wrote and directed the 2012 crime comedy The Baytown Outlaws which starred Billy Bob Thornton and Eva Longoria.
Paniry wrote and directed ....

Article : http://segabits.com/blog/2022/08/19/sega-plans-to-make-space-channel-5-and-comix-zone-film-adaptations/
« Last Edit: October 31, 2022, 04:55:38 am by Berto »

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #462 on: August 20, 2022, 04:59:10 am »
So it's still possible, right?
Most definitely.
With friends... Ugly Tails and Ugly Knuckles! Against the good Eggman.
Sounds like a mashed Sonic cartoon made live-action movie.

Offline Berto

« Reply #463 on: August 21, 2022, 08:59:23 pm »
Most definitely.Sounds like a mashed Sonic cartoon made live-action movie.

That... Or the good Robotnik (Warden Zobotnik) that guards multiverse prison (which held Scourge the Hedgehog, evil robo Tails, Small the Cat, and evil baseball playing Knuckles) from Archie Comics.

Offline Berto

« Reply #464 on: August 22, 2022, 01:23:23 am »
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 soundtrack releases to audio cassette, first movie back on vinyl

Enjoy the Ride Records have just released a limited run of Sonic the Hedgehog 2 soundtrack audio cassette tapes, limited to 250 copies, featuring the score by Tom Holkenborg.
The cassettes feature UV-printed shells, meaning you get promotional graphics from the movie printed right on the tape. Pretty slick! To sweeten the deal, the case evokes Sonic the Hedgehog 2‘s video game cover art, ...

Article : http://segabits.com/blog/2022/08/19/sonic-the-hedgehog-2-soundtrack-releases-to-audio-cassette-first-movie-back-on-vinyl/