Author Topic: SEGA Live Action Movies Thread - "Of course I want a latte!"  (Read 106851 times)

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: SEGA Live Action Movies Thread - "Of course I want a latte!"
« Reply #465 on: August 22, 2022, 06:47:11 am »
That... Or the good Robotnik (Warden Zobotnik) that guards multiverse prison (which held Scourge the Hedgehog, evil robo Tails, Small the Cat, and evil baseball playing Knuckles) from Archie Comics.

How do you think an Ugly Sonic movie would play out?

Offline Mystic Monkey

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
« Reply #467 on: August 22, 2022, 08:05:32 pm »
RAGE: A Streets of Rage Fanfilm trailer by Fran Campos Films.

Love that they included that Fire-breathing guy (forgot his name)...

How do you think an Ugly Sonic movie would play out?

May be like Zootopia.
More like detective movie than action movie.
Give him a partner who could balance his characteristic.

Offline Berto

« Reply #468 on: August 22, 2022, 09:42:20 pm »
Video game movies could flood the industry following Sonic’s success

We should note here that the fact that these adaptations are ‘in development’ doesn’t guarantee that they’ll definitely happen, only that Sony and Sega would like them to.
There’s no mention of a prospective release date for any of the three projects.
It’s unclear how big the audience might be for films and TV shows based on more obscure video games

Article : https://www.theverge.com/2022/8/22/23316140/video-game-movies-days-gone-comix-zone

Offline Berto

« Reply #469 on: August 23, 2022, 02:45:32 am »
Blu-ray Sales: August 7-13: Sonic the Hedgehog 2’s was the top selling home video title

For the week that ended on August 13th, Paramount Home Media Distribution's Sonic the Hedgehog 2 debuted on top of the Blu-ray only and overall packaged media charts.
The sequel to the surprise 2020 hit film was shot in 2021 and opened in April 2022 to generally positive reviews.
The film topped the box office in its opening weekend with over $72 million and ended up grossing over $190 million domestically and over $401 million worldwide so far, already more than its predecessor made in total.
This week, Sonic the Hedgehog 2 had an HD share of 59% and 22% of units sold from the 4K UHD format.

Article : https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=31184

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #470 on: August 23, 2022, 05:13:35 am »
Love that they included that Fire-breathing guy (forgot his name)...
Bongo, the giant baby-man fire breather.
May be like Zootopia.
More like detective movie than action movie.
Give him a partner who could balance his characteristic.

I was thinking more along the lines of a Dumb and Dumber movie, but with Bad Box Art Megaman as his friend or something.

Either that or he is partnered with an ugly version of Mario and they're BEST FRIENDS!

Offline Berto

« Reply #471 on: August 23, 2022, 09:10:04 pm »
Bongo, the giant baby-man fire breather.

Ah, yes Bongo. The enemies that I hated to fight in SOR, second only to Knife-wielding Garcia.

I was thinking more along the lines of a Dumb and Dumber movie, but with Bad Box Art Megaman as his friend or something.

Either that or he is partnered with an ugly version of Mario and they're BEST FRIENDS!

That would be epic!
Ugly version of Mario was already existed thought,
(at least that's how he's first designed to be)
but now he had so many good games he's too cool to be called ugly.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #472 on: August 24, 2022, 05:50:26 am »
Ah, yes Bongo. The enemies that I hated to fight in SOR, second only to Knife-wielding Garcia.

That would be epic!
Ugly version of Mario was already existed thought,
(at least that's how he's first designed to be)
but now he had so many good games he's too cool to be called ugly.

Wario is more his own character though.

Another related note, given we've been talking about ninja movies a lot on the Shinobi thread, if you roughly drafted a Shinobi movie for the Sega/Paramount universe, what would it be?

My SCU Shinobi pitch
I've been thinking about it and I figured, what if the Oboro Clan started off as Noh performers, or a clan that uses Noh as a means of espionage? The opening of the movie explains the history of the Oboro clan as a Noh theatre performance.
Now days the Oboro Clan serves the NSC (maybe Naichō) as government owned ninjas.

Joseph Musashi was an orphan taken in by the Oboro Clan by the current clans shuryou Nakahara. Because he was half-American in one of the most traditional ninja clans in America, he was despised by the other students. With only the Nakahara as his sensei looking out for him, he work and train harder to become a ninja.

Then, one night, the Oboro dojo is attacked by Zeed during Nakahara's absence. The school defended them off but not without heavy loss of their women and children. Musashi noticed a masked ninja who seem to have lead the raid on the dojo.

When Nakahara returned he is saddened by the news. He tells the survivors that Zeed were an organization that splintered from the Oboro Clan a long time a go. While Oboro Clan used theatre as a means of intel and espionage, Zeed uses modern media and entertainment for the same methods. (thus ties in why certain cameos from superheroes, movie stars and Godzilla etc).

Spoilers:
Nakahara is actually the leader of Zeed. The Oboro Clan is traditional lead by those of Oboro lineage but Nakahara usurped that role when he found out of the scandal that the shuryou's daughter has fallen in love and had child with an American. Nakahara then killed the shuryou, daughter and father and kept the son close at hand. When Joseph discovers Nakahara was a traitor who killed his family he turns against him and in killing him, ends Zeed. The Oboro Clan then respects him as both jonin and shuryou of the Oboro Clan.

At least that would be my pitch to the story.

Perhaps for a sequel, Joe Musashi learns of an ancient sword passed down throughout his family since the founding of the clan and Zeed returns to claim it from him.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 10:31:26 am by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

« Reply #473 on: August 25, 2022, 12:31:35 am »
Wario is more his own character though.

Another related note, given we've been talking about ninja movies a lot on the Shinobi thread, if you roughly drafted a Shinobi movie for the Sega/Paramount universe, what would it be?

My SCU Shinobi pitch
I've been thinking about it and I figured, what if the Oboro Clan started off as Noh performers, or a clan that uses Noh as a means of espionage? The opening of the movie explains the history of the Oboro clan as a Noh theatre performance.
Now days the Oboro Clan serves the NSC (maybe Naichō) as government owned ninjas.

Joseph Musashi was an orphan taken in by the Oboro Clan by the current clans shuryou Nakahara. Because he was half-American in one of the most traditional ninja clans in America, he was despised by the other students. With only the Nakahara as his sensei looking out for him, he work and train harder to become a ninja.

Then, one night, the Oboro dojo is attacked by Zeed during Nakahara's absence. The school defended them off but not without heavy loss of their women and children. Musashi noticed a masked ninja who seem to have lead the raid on the dojo.

When Nakahara returned he is saddened by the news. He tells the survivors that Zeed were an organization that splintered from the Oboro Clan a long time a go. While Oboro Clan used theatre as a means of intel and espionage, Zeed uses modern media and entertainment for the same methods. (thus ties in why certain cameos from superheroes, movie stars and Godzilla etc).

Spoilers:
Nakahara is actually the leader of Zeed. The Oboro Clan is traditional lead by those of Oboro lineage but Nakahara usurped that role when he found out of the scandal that the shuryou's daughter has fallen in love and had child with an American. Nakahara then killed the shuryou, daughter and father and kept the son close at hand. When Joseph discovers Nakahara was a traitor who killed his family he turns against him and in killing him, ends Zeed. The Oboro Clan then respects him as both jonin and shuryou of the Oboro Clan.

At least that would be my pitch to the story.

Perhaps for a sequel, Joe Musashi learns of an ancient sword passed down throughout his family since the founding of the clan and Zeed returns to claim it from him.

For the first part of your story, it followed Hotsuma (PS2) and Jiro Musashi (3DS) more than Joe.
Both of them have their entire clan betrayed and obliterated.
(The difference: the culprit is his master in Jiro's story and childhood friend in Hotsuma's story).
That's not the case for Joe since we know he still has many ninja friends in his Game Gear games.
It's just they're not as "super" as Joe.
Each of them only mastery one weapon.
The Oboro clan still survived until Hotsuma became their leader.

Of course movie version didn't have to follow game version so it's okay to be different.
If I'm in charge of the movie, I'm more interested in taking story from Game Gear version.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #474 on: August 25, 2022, 06:44:49 am »
For the first part of your story, it followed Hotsuma (PS2) and Jiro Musashi (3DS) more than Joe.
Both of them have their entire clan betrayed and obliterated.
(The difference: the culprit is his master in Jiro's story and childhood friend in Hotsuma's story).
That's not the case for Joe since we know he still has many ninja friends in his Game Gear games.
It's just they're not as "super" as Joe.
Each of them only mastery one weapon.
The Oboro clan still survived until Hotsuma became their leader.

Of course movie version didn't have to follow game version so it's okay to be different.
If I'm in charge of the movie, I'm more interested in taking story from Game Gear version.
Well my SCU concept stems from two things:
  • I find "Joe" a rather western name. Why would a ninja have the name Joe? Unless he's Caucasian. And while I'm sure non-japanese people can be ninja the box art of Shinobi games depict what look like asian eyes behind that mask. So I can imagine Joe Musashi is actually "Hāfu". Not everyone in the Oboro Clan is related to one another, simply those who are loyal to the Oboro Lineage who lead the Oboro Clan. My story proposes that Nakahara usurped the role of 首領 Shuryou (Chief; referred to as 御頭Okashira (Leader)) from the Oboro family after Joe Musashi birth was regarded as a potential scandal or something like that. Not completely heartless, Nakahara kept the young boy and raised him as one of the students of the Oboro Clan under the lie that he was just an orphan. I'm sure Musashi still had other ninja friends growing up but I imagine being half-American made it difficult for him.
  • I chose the Oboro Clan founding story around Noh because in the games Shinobi came up against enemies like Spider-man, Batman, Godzilla and Terminator. The reason Batman's involvement was because Sega had the rights to the movie at the time. So what if the Oboro Clan and the splinter faction Zeed still uses the entertainment industry as a form of espionage? With some Zeed ninjas choosing disguise based on movie heroes or weaponized Hollywood studio props and the like?
    It's either that or the Zeed have genin or chunin themed after comic superheroes.

Offline Berto

« Reply #475 on: August 25, 2022, 09:31:24 pm »
Well my SCU concept stems from two things:
  • I find "Joe" a rather western name. Why would a ninja have the name Joe? Unless he's Caucasian. And while I'm sure non-japanese people can be ninja the box art of Shinobi games depict what look like asian eyes behind that mask. So I can imagine Joe Musashi is actually "Hāfu". Not everyone in the Oboro Clan is related to one another, simply those who are loyal to the Oboro Lineage who lead the Oboro Clan. My story proposes that Nakahara usurped the role of 首領 Shuryou (Chief; referred to as 御頭Okashira (Leader)) from the Oboro family after Joe Musashi birth was regarded as a potential scandal or something like that. Not completely heartless, Nakahara kept the young boy and raised him as one of the students of the Oboro Clan under the lie that he was just an orphan. I'm sure Musashi still had other ninja friends growing up but I imagine being half-American made it difficult for him.
  • I chose the Oboro Clan founding story around Noh because in the games Shinobi came up against enemies like Spider-man, Batman, Godzilla and Terminator. The reason Batman's involvement was because Sega had the rights to the movie at the time. So what if the Oboro Clan and the splinter faction Zeed still uses the entertainment industry as a form of espionage? With some Zeed ninjas choosing disguise based on movie heroes or weaponized Hollywood studio props and the like?
    It's either that or the Zeed have genin or chunin themed after comic superheroes.

That's a good story if it was based on Revenge of Shinobi.
May be we could see a surprise cameo (like C&D's Ugly Sonic) in the enemy list since they're based on 80/90 popular cultures.

I don't know the real history of Joe other than his father is Jiro Musashi.
If Sarah Krieger is her mother (the unlockable character in 3DS version, the one who worked together with Jiro),
then he is indeed a Hāfu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ijg4nwzQRWM

Then again Ninja could use fake names.
In Shadow Dancer, Joe also uses these names : Fuma, Takashi, Jo, Hayate.
May be one of those names are the real one and Joe is the fake one.
(In Japanese version Hayate is his son though, not his alias)

Offline Berto

« Reply #476 on: August 26, 2022, 12:05:16 am »
Sonic 2 Movie Fanart by Scott Forester

Offline Berto

« Reply #477 on: August 26, 2022, 04:21:28 am »
Blu-ray Sales: August 14-20: Sonic the Hedgehog 2 was Dropped to Second Number

Dropping to second place on both charts is the previous week's champion, Paramount Home Media Distribution's Sonic the Hedgehog 2.
The sequel to the surprise 2020 hit film was shot in 2021 and opened in April 2022 to generally positive reviews.
The film topped the box office in its opening weekend with over $72 million and ended up grossing over $190 million domestically and over $401 million worldwide so far, already more than its predecessor made in total.

Article : https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=31223

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #478 on: August 26, 2022, 05:51:10 am »
That's a good story if it was based on Revenge of Shinobi.
May be we could see a surprise cameo (like C&D's Ugly Sonic) in the enemy list since they're based on 80/90 popular cultures.

I don't know the real history of Joe other than his father is Jiro Musashi.
If Sarah Krieger is her mother (the unlockable character in 3DS version, the one who worked together with Jiro),
then he is indeed a Hāfu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ijg4nwzQRWM

Then again Ninja could use fake names.
In Shadow Dancer, Joe also uses these names : Fuma, Takashi, Jo, Hayate.
May be one of those names are the real one and Joe is the fake one.
(In Japanese version Hayate is his son though, not his alias)

Then Joseph Musashi could be half-American from his mothers side. His father Jiro was poised to take over as shuryou of the Oboro Clan but his love for Sarah Krieger may or may not be forbidden on account she is American. But their love lead to a hāfu son. Nakahara who was a "loyal" student of Jiro, turned out to be a Zeed ninja and betrays Jiro and kills him and Sarah. Nakahara then takes over as shuryou to the clan and becomes sensei to baby Joe.

Nakahara technically never lied to Joe Musashi. Joe is a half-American orphan who's parents were killed over the scandal. he just never tells him who killed them.

Offline Berto

« Reply #479 on: August 28, 2022, 10:18:11 pm »
Then Joseph Musashi could be half-American from his mothers side. His father Jiro was poised to take over as shuryou of the Oboro Clan but his love for Sarah Krieger may or may not be forbidden on account she is American. But their love lead to a hāfu son. Nakahara who was a "loyal" student of Jiro, turned out to be a Zeed ninja and betrays Jiro and kills him and Sarah. Nakahara then takes over as shuryou to the clan and becomes sensei to baby Joe.

Nakahara technically never lied to Joe Musashi. Joe is a half-American orphan who's parents were killed over the scandal. he just never tells him who killed them.

Actually in the game, Jiro's story is rather complicated.
He couldn't be killed by Nakahara since he's actually a master Shinobi from Kamakura Era that somehow got time travel 800 years to the present time.
After getting close to Sarah (or other woman, it's never officially revealed who Joe's mother is) and had a son (Joe), he's somehow back again to his time to lead the Oboro Clan replacing his dead (traitor) master.
Before going back he entrusted Joe to master Shinobi of the present time, Nakahara.
During the 800 years, the Oboro Clan leaders has changed many times of course until come the peaceful day in the present which makes Nakahara frustated (due lack of ninja's activity) which make him planned the Zeed thing.
Also a trivia : Jiro's Oboro Clan headquarter was on a snowy mountain, that's why the ninjas are wearing white (color of the snow).

Back to Joe, under Nakahara's guidance since he's a child, Joe became the best Shinobi of the Oboro clan which makes Nakahara proud of him so much.
Joe even found a father figure in Nakahara more than to Jiro who's already missing since he was a baby.
(Trivia : Nakahara's name is a reference to the Musashi-Nakahara Station, to show how close they really are).
That's why Shinobi's final fight is supposed to be a sad story for Joe, also paved a way to the reason for Joe to change his outfit from black to white.
May be he feels closer to his real dad now since both of them were betrayed by their own master.

Interestingly enough, Jiro's also been cloned into a Shadow Master Shinobi (which also trained by Nakahara) and took the leadership of Zeed after Nakahara died.
He also changed the Zeed name into Neo Zeed.
The final boss in Revenge of the Shinobi, the Ninja Master?
He's not the true leader of Neo Zeed.
Two years after Musashi killed him, it is revealed that he was but a mere double for the true mastermind, the Shadow Master.

That's right, the final battle of Shinobi III is between Joe and his father's clone.
Master (Joe became Master Shinobi after he beats and kills Nakahara, replacing Nakahara's position) vs Shadow Master.
Both are Nakahara's pupils.

Of course once again I'm talking about game version, movie version could be different.
Adapting time travel thing for first movie could confuse the viewers so it's making sense to be changed to make it more simple.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 10:38:51 pm by Berto »