Author Topic: SEGA Live Action Movies Thread - "Of course I want a latte!"  (Read 106814 times)

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: SEGA Live Action Movies Thread - "Of course I want a latte!"
« Reply #480 on: August 29, 2022, 07:21:21 am »
Actually in the game, Jiro's story is rather complicated.
He couldn't be killed by Nakahara since he's actually a master Shinobi from Kamakura Era that somehow got time travel 800 years to the present time.
After getting close to Sarah (or other woman, it's never officially revealed who Joe's mother is) and had a son (Joe), he's somehow back again to his time to lead the Oboro Clan replacing his dead (traitor) master.
Before going back he entrusted Joe to master Shinobi of the present time, Nakahara.
During the 800 years, the Oboro Clan leaders has changed many times of course until come the peaceful day in the present which makes Nakahara frustated (due lack of ninja's activity) which make him planned the Zeed thing.
Also a trivia : Jiro's Oboro Clan headquarter was on a snowy mountain, that's why the ninjas are wearing white (color of the snow).

Back to Joe, under Nakahara's guidance since he's a child, Joe became the best Shinobi of the Oboro clan which makes Nakahara proud of him so much.
Joe even found a father figure in Nakahara more than to Jiro who's already missing since he was a baby.
(Trivia : Nakahara's name is a reference to the Musashi-Nakahara Station, to show how close they really are).
That's why Shinobi's final fight is supposed to be a sad story for Joe, also paved a way to the reason for Joe to change his outfit from black to white.
May be he feels closer to his real dad now since both of them were betrayed by their own master.

Interestingly enough, Jiro's also been cloned into a Shadow Master Shinobi (which also trained by Nakahara) and took the leadership of Zeed after Nakahara died.
He also changed the Zeed name into Neo Zeed.
The final boss in Revenge of the Shinobi, the Ninja Master?
He's not the true leader of Neo Zeed.
Two years after Musashi killed him, it is revealed that he was but a mere double for the true mastermind, the Shadow Master.

That's right, the final battle of Shinobi III is between Joe and his father's clone.
Master (Joe became Master Shinobi after he beats and kills Nakahara, replacing Nakahara's position) vs Shadow Master.
Both are Nakahara's pupils.

Of course once again I'm talking about game version, movie version could be different.
Adapting time travel thing for first movie could confuse the viewers so it's making sense to be changed to make it more simple.
It would be confusing. Even I wasn't familiar with such an extensive backstory.

Maybe instead of Nakahara killing Jiro and Sarah... I dunno. Maybe left oblivious? But perhaps Jiro leaves behind winter ninja garb for his son when he's ready, I dunno.

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
« Reply #481 on: August 29, 2022, 09:36:08 pm »
It would be confusing. Even I wasn't familiar with such an extensive backstory.

Maybe instead of Nakahara killing Jiro and Sarah... I dunno. Maybe left oblivious? But perhaps Jiro leaves behind winter ninja garb for his son when he's ready, I dunno.

Or may be they're just vanished / not coming back during a mission so they were presumed dead?
But somehow, that kind of story gave me Spider-Man's vibes.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #482 on: August 30, 2022, 09:59:02 am »
Or may be they're just vanished / not coming back during a mission so they were presumed dead?
But somehow, that kind of story gave me Spider-Man's vibes.

Well, for my take on a Sega Cinematic Universe Shinobi movie, I like the idea of the Oboro Clan being descendants of noh performers turned ninja and the Zeed using the entertainment industry as a form of espionage.

I like the concept of Joe being half-Japanese, half-American. The idea that while he works hard to be a great ninja, he never feels he quite belongs with his own clan.

As for Joe's cinematic origin story let alone Shinobi movie adaption I don't know.

Offline Berto

« Reply #483 on: September 05, 2022, 12:36:09 am »
Well, for my take on a Sega Cinematic Universe Shinobi movie, I like the idea of the Oboro Clan being descendants of noh performers turned ninja and the Zeed using the entertainment industry as a form of espionage.

I like the concept of Joe being half-Japanese, half-American. The idea that while he works hard to be a great ninja, he never feels he quite belongs with his own clan.

Then the movie could be titled .... Half-American Ninja !
A spinoff of American Ninja.

Offline Berto

« Reply #484 on: September 05, 2022, 12:37:07 am »
Paramount’s Sonic the Hedgehog 2 remained No. 3 on the disc rental chart.

Top DVD and Blu-ray Disc Rentals, Redbox Kiosks, Week Ended Aug. 28:

1. Jurassic World Dominion — Universal
2. The Black Phone — Universal
3. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 — Paramount
4. The Lost City — Paramount
5. Murder at Yellowstone City — RLJE
6. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness — Disney/Marvel
7. Gone in the Night — Vertical
8. Last Seen Alive — Vertical
9. Memory — Universal
10. Morbius — Sony Pictures

Article : https://www.mediaplaynews.com/jurassic-world-dominion-remains-no-1-on-redbox-disc-rental-chart-top-gun-maverick-top-digital-title/

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #485 on: September 05, 2022, 06:08:00 am »

Then the movie could be titled .... Half-American Ninja !
A spinoff of American Ninja.

I haven't seen the American Ninja series (I dunno if I'll like it) but yea, a half-Japanese Ninja would be interesting.

Offline Berto

« Reply #486 on: September 09, 2022, 02:29:19 am »
Sonic the Hedgehog Zavvi Exclusive 2 Movie 4K Ultra HD Steelbook Collection (Includes Blu-ray) Pre-Order is Open Now

Release Date: 03 October 2022
Take advantage of great prices on Blu-ray, 4K, merchandise, games, clothing and morefrom Zavvi, the home of pop culture!

Link : https://www.zavvi.com/4k/sonic-the-hedgehog-zavvi-exclusive-2-movie-4k-ultra-hd-steelbook-collection-includes-blu-ray/13955416.html

Offline Berto

« Reply #487 on: September 15, 2022, 12:17:22 am »
Teaching the power of friendship's not going to work on Shadow

Co-writer Pat Casey revealed Shadow is "driven by anger and revenge" and that Sonic's attempts to befriend Shadow won't go as smoothly as they did with Knuckles.
"Sonic's never had to deal with someone as emotionally damaged like Shadow...when he sees Shadow, he’s like, 'Well, I'll just teach him about the power of friendship, like with Knuckles!' But that's not going to work on Shadow," he told the Green Hill Zone podcast.

Source : https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a39560445/sonic-the-hedgehog-3-release-date/

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #488 on: September 15, 2022, 07:23:58 am »
Teaching the power of friendship's not going to work on Shadow

Source : https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a39560445/sonic-the-hedgehog-3-release-date/
Glad we had a bit of Sonic news, even if it's mostly what we already know.

Offline Berto

« Reply #489 on: September 15, 2022, 07:46:11 pm »
Glad we had a bit of Sonic news, even if it's mostly what we already know.

Yeah, used to be a lot after the movie aired, but then they're gone as if the second movie were already aired months ago.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #490 on: September 16, 2022, 05:53:08 am »
Yeah, used to be a lot after the movie aired, but then they're gone as if the second movie were already aired months ago.

Well we know the third movie will be an adaption of Sonic Adventure 2 so we already know what half the next movie will be about. So they probably don't want to spoil anything we don't know about it.

Offline Berto

« Reply #491 on: September 20, 2022, 12:55:47 am »
A minor role in "Sonic the Hedgehog" trumps all of Moore's earlier efforts with certain fans

When making an appearance on "The Kelly Clarkson Show", the actor talked about how much fun he had and the interesting effect the small part had on his loved ones.
"My family, like I'm kind of cool because I was on Young and the Restless.
I was on Criminal Minds, and now I'm on S.W.A.T.
But 28 years in the game, I now have officially arrived, in my family because I'm on Sonic the Hedgehog."

Article : https://www.looper.com/1007454/the-criminal-minds-star-you-likely-didnt-know-played-a-role-in-sonic-the-hedgehog-2/

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #492 on: September 20, 2022, 07:35:10 am »
A minor role in "Sonic the Hedgehog" trumps all of Moore's earlier efforts with certain fans

Article : https://www.looper.com/1007454/the-criminal-minds-star-you-likely-didnt-know-played-a-role-in-sonic-the-hedgehog-2/
Sonic's movies seem to be a career launcher or booster for most actors involved in it.

Offline Berto

« Reply #493 on: October 03, 2022, 11:04:26 pm »
Sonic's movies seem to be a career launcher or booster for most actors involved in it.

Yes. Sonic does touch people's life differently.

Offline Berto

« Reply #494 on: October 03, 2022, 11:05:04 pm »
SEGA Reveals Why the Sonic the Hedgehog Movies Were Approved

Sega made a name for itself in the early '90s by taking great risks. When the company entered the console business, many predicted Sega was doomed to fail against Nintendo. However, the company forged its own path, highlighting its differences with Nintendo in a series of highly-successful commercials. According to Nakahama, the decision to make a Sonic the Hedgehog movie was born out of a similar drive.

"It reminded me of the SEGA spirit of 'trying new things,'" said Nakahama.

Article : https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/sonic-the-hedgehog-why-sega-paramount-made-movies/