Author Topic: SEGA Live Action Movies Thread - "Of course I want a latte!"  (Read 106823 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
Re: SEGA Live Action Movies Thread - "Of course I want a latte!"
« Reply #540 on: January 01, 2023, 09:27:14 pm »
I had a feeling Big the Cat will make it in the movies eventually, I just dunno how about they would do it.

Maybe as a background character where audience can point to him and say "THERE HE IS!"

He could be Tom's fishing friend on the lake but I heard Tom and Maddie are not given much roles in the third movie.
Tom's main role in the third movie is just giving advice to Shadow and convinced him to help Sonic instead of fighting him.
The movie's focus is more about Shadow.

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #541 on: January 03, 2023, 07:03:54 am »
He could be Tom's fishing friend on the lake but I heard Tom and Maddie are not given much roles in the third movie.
Tom's main role in the third movie is just giving advice to Shadow and convinced him to help Sonic instead of fighting him.
The movie's focus is more about Shadow.

Way I imagine it, either Amy Rose or Jojo be the one to convince Shadow. Especially if the movie wants to make it canon for Shadow to eventually join GUN. Randall can put in a good word for Shadow and Jojo can be like a surrogate Maria.

Can you imagine Rachel adopting Shadow like how Tom and Maddie adopted Sonic?

Offline Berto

« Reply #542 on: January 04, 2023, 07:58:09 pm »
Way I imagine it, either Amy Rose or Jojo be the one to convince Shadow. Especially if the movie wants to make it canon for Shadow to eventually join GUN. Randall can put in a good word for Shadow and Jojo can be like a surrogate Maria.

Can you imagine Rachel adopting Shadow like how Tom and Maddie adopted Sonic?

That would be hilarious. Randall probably would fit fine with Shadow due some similarity of their job ... but Shadow and Rachel? One that rarely talk and the one who talks too much? That would make a funny comedy.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #543 on: January 05, 2023, 07:08:00 am »
That would be hilarious. Randall probably would fit fine with Shadow due some similarity of their job ... but Shadow and Rachel? One that rarely talk and the one who talks too much? That would make a funny comedy.
I know right? It be perfect! And Shadow being friends with Jojo would be sweet.

Offline Berto

« Reply #544 on: January 11, 2023, 07:52:31 pm »
I know right? It be perfect! And Shadow being friends with Jojo would be sweet.

Of course. As long as Jojo would not have same fate as Maria.

Offline Berto

« Reply #545 on: January 11, 2023, 07:53:43 pm »
Enjoy The Ride Records reveals Sonic The Hedgehog 2: Music From The Motion Picture on vinyl

Enjoy The Ride Records, who have previously released the first Sonic the Hedgehog movie soundtrack to vinyl, and the sequel to audio cassette, have announced a 2XLP vinyl release for the Sonic The Hedgehog 2 soundtrack!
The release is set to drop at noon ET this Friday, January 13th on their website. The records are in hand and are set to ship mid-January, so no long ...

Article : https://segabits.com/blog/2023/01/11/enjoy-the-ride-records-reveals-sonic-the-hedgehog-2-music-from-the-motion-picture-on-vinyl/

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #546 on: January 12, 2023, 08:04:50 pm »
Of course. As long as Jojo would not have same fate as Maria.

GUN Soldiers won't shoot little girls if said girls were their daughters.

Offline Berto

« Reply #547 on: January 13, 2023, 01:45:17 am »
They could've changed the way she died though.
Accidentally got shot may be?

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #548 on: January 13, 2023, 04:53:55 pm »
They could've changed the way she died though.
Accidentally got shot may be?

It might had been the case to begin with. They were ordered to kill and or capture the scientists, Maria pulled the lever and the guy shoot. Not that it mattered much given they still recovered Shadow.

Offline Berto

« Reply #549 on: January 15, 2023, 01:17:58 am »
It might had been the case to begin with. They were ordered to kill and or capture the scientists, Maria pulled the lever and the guy shoot. Not that it mattered much given they still recovered Shadow.

Would Mr. Schmitz make appearance in movie version?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVs-W_hOPEU

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #550 on: January 15, 2023, 08:39:41 am »
Would Mr. Schmitz make appearance in movie version?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVs-W_hOPEU
No. Nor would it make sense it had anything to do with GUN given movie GUN was formed not long after the events of Sonic's first movie.

Unlike the upcoming Mario movie which seems to be all in with accurate representation of the games, Sonic movies are a loose adaption. I imagine Shadow's story will be similar to his story in Sonic Adventure 2 but I doubt we'll get City Escape, Prison Island or Space Colony ARK.

My movie guesses the closest we'll get is:
City Escape = San Francisco
Prison Island = Alcatraz Island
Space Colony AR = Instead of space, it be either an underground research facility and colony similar to Fallout vaults or, if it is a space colony, not without budget. I imagine Prof. Gerald Robotnik found it cheaper to build an asteroid colony on an existing rock than a full-scale space station, or the International Space Station would be the movies take on ARK instead.

As for who killed Maria, well if the movie wants to go with the Sega Cinematic Universe approach and choose another government agency to take the blame, or just generic MP soldiers and that's that.

Offline Berto

« Reply #551 on: January 16, 2023, 02:04:44 am »
No. Nor would it make sense it had anything to do with GUN given movie GUN was formed not long after the events of Sonic's first movie.

Unlike the upcoming Mario movie which seems to be all in with accurate representation of the games, Sonic movies are a loose adaption. I imagine Shadow's story will be similar to his story in Sonic Adventure 2 but I doubt we'll get City Escape, Prison Island or Space Colony ARK.

My movie guesses the closest we'll get is:
City Escape = San Francisco
Prison Island = Alcatraz Island
Space Colony AR = Instead of space, it be either an underground research facility and colony similar to Fallout vaults or, if it is a space colony, not without budget. I imagine Prof. Gerald Robotnik found it cheaper to build an asteroid colony on an existing rock than a full-scale space station, or the International Space Station would be the movies take on ARK instead.

As for who killed Maria, well if the movie wants to go with the Sega Cinematic Universe approach and choose another government agency to take the blame, or just generic MP soldiers and that's that.

I see. And yeah, underground research facility is more likely approach than space one since I think they still want to keep the movie as real as possible to our present time.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #552 on: January 16, 2023, 07:07:40 am »
I see. And yeah, underground research facility is more likely approach than space one since I think they still want to keep the movie as real as possible to our present time.
Yeah. For a video game movie that's a loose adaption of the source material, I'm glad this movie series is so well received. It's also kind of fun to imagine "What would game thing be like in the movie?"

And given Earth is regarded somewhat of an open-ended yet Earth-like planet means a Sega Cinematic Universe is still possible, I just yet to see it on the table. Even with the upcoming SoR movie that doesn't guarantee the movie will take place on Wachowski's World.

Offline Berto

« Reply #553 on: January 28, 2023, 02:27:45 am »
Yeah. For a video game movie that's a loose adaption of the source material, I'm glad this movie series is so well received. It's also kind of fun to imagine "What would game thing be like in the movie?"

And given Earth is regarded somewhat of an open-ended yet Earth-like planet means a Sega Cinematic Universe is still possible, I just yet to see it on the table. Even with the upcoming SoR movie that doesn't guarantee the movie will take place on Wachowski's World.

Unfortunately since the producers are different, the directors have no need to tie those movies unless the producers asked them to.

Offline Berto

« Reply #554 on: January 28, 2023, 02:30:17 am »
Jason Momoa In Talks For Sonic The Hedgehog 3

According to our trusted and proven sources, the Game of Thrones star is looking to join yet another mega-franchise, and we suspect that he is being brought in to voice fan-favorite antihero character Shadow the Hedgehog.
Last year’s Sonic the Hedgehog 2 set up Shadow as the potential adversary for the speedy blue protagonist, so it feels like a gimme for Jason Momoa in Sonic 3.

Article : https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/jason-momoa-sonic-hedgehog-3.html