Author Topic: Things You Like That Most People Don't  (Read 8412 times)

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
Things You Like That Most People Don't
« on: March 23, 2011, 06:08:02 pm »
Everyone has different tastes, there may be something that you don't like that I absolutely love and visa-versa. In this thread you can talk about things you really like that a majority of people don't. Whether they be games, movies, music, food, whatever you can think of. I'll start off...

I really like the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy. I love the political war that sets up the original films and like seeing the backstories of the various characters. While the acting isn't as good as Episodes IV-VI, I really enjoy the story and visual effects. Also, I love Jar Jar Binks. :mrgreen:  Every Star Wars fan hates me for that but I just think he's incredibly awesome. The Prequel Trilogy also contains my favorite Jedi of the series, Qui-Gon Jinn, who is played by the fabulous Liam Neeson. I like all of Episodes I-III, but if I had to choose I would say Episode I is my favorite. It's such an exciting film each time I watch it.
I enjoy the original Star Wars films very much as well. (Return of the Jedi is my favorite of those, gotta love the Ewoks) Overall though, I would say I enjoy the Prequel Trilogy just as much as the Original Trilogy. It's just great seeing the six part saga as a whole. =)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 08:51:18 pm by CosmicCastaway »
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
Re: Things You Like That Most People Don't
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 06:13:45 pm »
I love Ernest movies (Like Ernest Goes to Jail, etc.).  I just like his weird non-sequiter rants and the crazy stuff Ernest says.  

RIP Jim Varney.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Loving Life
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 06:20:20 pm »
Quote from: "Emmett The Crab"
I love Ernest movies (Like Ernest Goes to Jail, etc.).  I just like his weird non-sequiter rants and the crazy stuff Ernest says.  

RIP Jim Varney.

I love the Ernest movies too! I think my favorites are Ernest Rides Again and Ernest Goes To Africa. Classic. ^-^
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 07:52:44 pm »
Quote from: "CosmicCastaway"
I really like the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy. I love the political war that sets up the original films and like seeing the backstories of the various characters. While the acting isn't as good as Episodes IV-VI, I really enjoy the story and visual effects. Also, I love Jar Jar Binks. :mrgreen:  Every Star Wars fan hates me for that but I just think he's incredibly awesome. The Prequel Trilogy also contains my favorite Jedi of the series, Qui-Gon Jinn, who is played by the fabulous Liam Neeson. I like all of Episodes I-III, but if I had to choose I would say Episode I is my favorite. It's such an exciting film each time I watch it.
I enjoy the original Star Wars films very much as well. (Return of the Jedi is my favorite of those, gotta love the Ewoks) Overall though, I would say I enjoy the Prequel Trilogy just as much as the Original Trilogy. It's just great seeing the six part saga as a whole. =)

I read the title of this topic and came in here JUST to say that!

I'm a big prequel fan too. I grew up on the classics (the 80's VHS tapes specifically) then got really hyped when the Special Editions hit theaters. I really didn't give a shit about a few scenes being altered. Then the prequels hit and I was all over the concept art and learning all I could about the special effects. I've probably watched the documentary on the Phantom Menace DVD more than the movie itself. I've caught all three prequels at midnight with my dad, even when I was in college I came home so we could catch episode III (aww!).

The Clone Wars has really helped strengthen the weaker points of the prequels (yes, I do admit that there are weak points) and I just like all six movies as a whole.

Besides that, I guess I could say modern episodes of The Simpsons. Since they went HD and made the movie, they've put extra effort into the animation and writing which was lacking during seasons 14-18. Now a modern season has probably 12 good to great episodes while the 14-18 season years had only a few good ones per season.

Aaaaaand, I really like movies from Full Moon Entertainment. I'm a fan club member and drove out to Pittsburgh to meet the president/lead director Charles Band. Dude directed most of the Puppet Master movies and a ton of other stinkers. They're bad and cheesy, but that's why I love them.

Trancers is probably the one movie from them that is legitimately awesome. Oh, that and Dollman.

[youtube:2q1ehr04]eg7OPwASvE8[/youtube:2q1ehr04]

[youtube:2q1ehr04]nsWFrA8nFNw[/youtube:2q1ehr04]

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 11:41:27 pm »
Movies:

Bad 80's movies... They remind me of my childhood even if I have never seen them before.

The Mothman Prophacy... I love that movie, in fact I find the atmosphere far, far more creepy then anything in any other horror movie I've seen.

The Happening - I hated 'The Sixth Sense' bored me side ways, but the Happening is awesome.

The Chronicles of Narnia movies, yeah I like them a lot... The actors are not the best but that battle in the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe might just be my favourite fantasy battle ever... I love seeing all the mythical creatures fighting it out.

P.S I feel I should mention that I hate both StarWars Episode 1 and JarJar... But there you go... Different strokes etc.
Made by SEGA

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Smotrenfu!
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 11:51:51 pm »
I like the Star Wars prequels, and I saw the original run of every star wars movie in the theater.  Then we had Laser discs (they were in stereo when the VHS were mono).  Of the prequels, episode 3 was the best, but I enjoyed 1 the most because it was so exciting to see something new.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 07:29:22 am »
I find Episode I to have a lot more going on than it looks to on the surface. Palpatine is probably my favorite character from the series, so to know that he is behind every single event in TPM is really awesome. I mean, he created the unrest on Naboo, he was the catalyst for the Chancellor being voted out, he was behind the Sith attacks and (as hinted in Episode III) he or his master may have very well manipulated the force to create Anakin. In creating such a strong force user, it is possible that Obi Wan and Qui Gon finding him was not by chance, but rather the force guided them to him. THen they bring him right back to Palpatine, as though they were delivery men. Genius!

With all that in mind, I love the story of TPM. I also like how is has the most practical special effects of any of the prequels. YOu'd be surprised how much model work was done for that film. I don't have a percentage, but I'm pretty sure practical effects > CGI in TPM and I even believe there were more practical effects in TMP than all of the original trilogy combined (I think).

Offline Chicklet188

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2011, 11:59:40 am »
Watching movies with Subtitles. :) A lot of people do not like to read movies.

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Loving Life
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 12:35:48 pm »
Quote from: "Chicklet188"
Watching movies with Subtitles. :) A lot of people do not like to read movies.

I like to watch movies and play games with subtitles too. That way I can see every bit of dialogue if I didn't quite hear it. ;)
Unlimited Continues:

Offline Chicklet188

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2011, 08:10:23 pm »
Well they are just more interesting to watch, and most of them have an option to watch it or play it in English if you really wanted to.

Japanese my most common language to watch movies in.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2011, 11:57:16 am »
I love the Star Wars prequel. In seriousness, I think the best Star Wars films are I, III and V, in no particular order.
I also like Jar Jar. And Episode II. I grew up with these films, so I got more attached to them then the first ones, though I love them as well.

I like teenpop music. Lady Gaga, Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys, Westlife. All that crap.
I like both Rap and Metal as well. Many people find that confusing.

I like Sonic Shuffle. A lot.

I like Theoretical Physics.
SEG4GES

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2011, 09:19:12 pm »
I think I'm in the minority about the SW prequels too.

Never, ever publicly state that you like the prequels. Don't, you are opening Pandora's Box, in doing so.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2011, 09:44:20 pm »
I liked the latest Indiana Jones.

While not as great as Raiders or Last Crusade, I thought it was far better than Temple of Doom, and I really enjoyed the first half hour. Plus, being a big fan of the TV series, I really appreciated the call out they gave to the premiere episode with Pancho Villa. People who get worked up over the refrigerator scene, need to calm the fuck out. I mean, Temple of Doom had falling from a freakin' airplane in a rubber dingy, sliding down a snow covered mountain and sliding right into a river in India. :P

Lol, I actually bitched out a coworker at a staff meeting for saying he heard it was shit. He also claimed it have too many recycled lines from the previous movies, which is complete nonsense. I said "Have you seen it? Jesus, dude. Why don't you watch a movie before forming an opinion of it. Idiot."

Oh, I also found the fourth Terminator to be a great summer movie.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2011, 10:56:52 pm »
I liked the fourth Teminator film.

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Smotrenfu!