Author Topic: MacFarlane Finally Gets Go-Ahead To Reboot 'The Flintstones'  (Read 8180 times)

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
TOLDJA! Fox just announced the deal at its upfront this afternoon. Fox entertainment president Kevin Reilly said production on the animated series will begin production in Fall 2011 for a 2013 premiere on the Fox schedule. In a cross-studio collaboration, The Flintstones will be produced jointly by 20th Century Fox Television and Warner Bros Television. Dan Palladino (Gilmore Girls) and Kara Vallow (Family Guy) will serve as executive producers with Seth MacFarlane who says the very first cartoon character he drew at age 2 was Fred Flintstone. “So it’s appropriate that events have come full circle, allowing me to produce the newest incarnation of this great franchise. Plus, I think America is finally ready for an animated sitcom about a fat stupid guy with a wife who’s too good for him.” Added Reilly: “The Flintstones are among the funniest and most beloved characters in television history, and we can’t wait to introduce them to a whole new generation on Fox,” said Kevin Reilly, President of Entertainment, Fox Broadcasting Company. “FOX has long been home to iconic families like the Simpsons and the Griffins, so I have no doubt that the Flintstones and the Rubbles are going to fit right in on our air.”  He hinted that the deal for the show closed just hours before the presentation today -- just like I told you. In a video shown at the upfronts, MacFarlane shed some light on his plans for the remake: The characters will look the same but he'll introduce new technology, like "What is the animal version of an iPad?”
http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/yabba-d ... intstones/

:afroman:  :afroman:  :afroman:  :afroman:  :afroman:  :afroman:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: MacFarlane Finally Gets Go-Ahead To Reboot 'The Flintstones'
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 08:43:48 pm »
Awwwwww fuck. :(

At the very least, they better get James Arnold Taylor to do the voice of Fred.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 09:00:10 pm »
"Hey Fred, remember the time we got drunk the bar and road a Dinosaur with Kevin Bacon to Las Vegas? "

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 01:08:43 am »
Plus, I think America is finally ready for an animated sitcom about a fat stupid guy with a wife who’s too good for him.

Don't we already have enough of this?

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 01:30:36 am »
Quote from: "Chaosmaster8753"
Plus, I think America is finally ready for an animated sitcom about a fat stupid guy with a wife who’s too good for him.

Don't we already have enough of this?

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 01:50:19 am »
Man I hope he doesn't screw it up.

I couldn't even get into Family Guy, I didn't like it.

But I grew up with Flintstones and I loved the game on the Genesis cost me top dollar.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 03:44:16 am »
I thought American Dad was funny, but Family Guy is pretty much everything I hate about TV. Especially since it makes people harp on about how it's an 'AWESOME SHOW' but they 'Can't get into' something like 30 Rock or Arrested Development.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 07:42:52 am »
I hope Bam-Bam talks like an adult and has conversations with Dino, who also will talk.

Ooh! And Fred and Wilma will have a kinky sex life! Yes!

Best modern Flintstones ever was the Harvey Birdman episode "The Dabba Don". McFarlane's Flintstones will never top that.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 07:53:50 am »
Quote from: "MadeManG74"
I thought American Dad was funny, but Family Guy is pretty much everything I hate about TV. Especially since it makes people harp on about how it's an 'AWESOME SHOW' but they 'Can't get into' something like 30 Rock or Arrested Development.

Next you'll say the Cleveland Show is better then Family Guy!

I've never heard of 30 Rock, if you mean 3rd Rock (from the sun) then I loved that show, Arrested Development on the other hand. Urhf.

P.S The Flintstones is awful... Not funny, at all. In fact I'm so sure of that fact I dare anyone to find a really funny moment from any Flintstones episode.
Made by SEGA

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2011, 09:10:39 am »
@Sharky: 30 Rock is that show starring Tina Fey, Alec Baldwin, Jane Krakowski & Tracy Morgan. I personally can't stand the show, too quirky and *snap* *snap* fast paced. It also is aware that it is the shit, so the characters mug for the camera far too often. Not a fan.

Arrested Development is a fantastic show, extremely well written and one of the best ensemble casts in modern television.

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2011, 11:47:22 am »
Agree with Barry.

Well Said GEORGE!!! HARVEY BIRDMAN FOR THE WIN I NEED TO GET THE GAME.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2011, 03:00:45 pm »
Quote from: "Sharky"
Quote from: "MadeManG74"

Next you'll say the Cleveland Show is better then Family Guy!

I've never heard of 30 Rock, if you mean 3rd Rock (from the sun) then I loved that show, Arrested Development on the other hand. Urhf.

P.S The Flintstones is awful... Not funny, at all. In fact I'm so sure of that fact I dare anyone to find a really funny moment from any Flintstones episode.

I prefer American Dad because it's not just 'Hey remember the time when *insert random celebrity or obscure movie moment here*'. I thought that South Park was exaggurating when they did that whole episode, since i never used to watch Family Guy, but then when I did see it I realised almost every fucking joke is that same formula. It has it's moments sure, but for the most part it just seems to rely on a lot of 'lol randum XD' humour.
I've never seen Cleveland, but it looks like they just made black counterparts from both shows for it. Is it rubbish?

I'm surprised you never heard of 30 Rock, but Arrested Development is brilliant. I'm not going to argue why.

Also, I realise I was probably being a bit harsh on others when I made my initial statement, but I just don't really get it. I guess the equivalent would be someone telling Sharky that Avatar is a better sci-fi film than Alien. Or someone telling Barry that... I can't think of anything Barry is particularly fond of.

As for the Flintstones, don't forget it's from 1960.

Quote from: "Barry the Nomad"
@Sharky: 30 Rock is that show starring Tina Fey, Alec Baldwin, Jane Krakowski & Tracy Morgan. I personally can't stand the show, too quirky and *snap* *snap* fast paced. It also is aware that it is the shit, so the characters mug for the camera far too often. Not a fan.

Arrested Development is a fantastic show, extremely well written and one of the best ensemble casts in modern television.

How can you find Arrested Development fantastic but say that 30 Rock is too fast paced? If anything Arrested Development probably crams more jokes into an episode than 30 Rock does. It's a bit quirky I can agree on that though.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2011, 03:17:33 pm »
Should have clarified, I meant I find 30 Rock to be fast paced, but not in the jokes per minute sort of way. AD cleverly crams callbacks, double entendres, and callforwards into a few lines of dialogue. Whereas I find that characters on 30 Rock just speak too fast or talk too loudly to make what would be a normal situation funnier. It's like all the actors are fighting for attention, or maybe scripts are twice as long as they should be. Sorta reminds me of how "funny" commercials operate, it's a pet peeve of mine. The quirkiness doesn't help either. I'm sure its a good show, just not my thing.

I agree on American Dad, it's the best of the shows. I used to like Family Guy pre-cancellation. But once it returned, it wasn't the same. Cleveland Show is equally bad.

It's funny, the best Family Guy episodes are the ones without cutaway jokes. Like the Brian and Stewie adventures or the recent murder mystery episode.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2011, 03:40:39 pm »
I never noticed the characters speaking to fast or too loudly on 30 Rock (apart from Tracey Jordan or Janet, but that's pretty much their entire character).

At least we can agree on Arrested Development!