Author Topic: Star Wars Rebels - Disney's first Star Wars TV show  (Read 8855 times)

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
Re: Star Wars Rebels - Disney's first Star Wars TV show
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2015, 04:38:41 am »
@Barry

Wow, you are correct sir. I had completely forgotten about Asajj Ventress and her role during the Clone Wars. I guess the Inquisitor is to Darth Vader what she was to Count Dooku. But unlike what happened with Asajj, I guess the Inquisitor's existence is sanctioned by the Emperor himself.

You also make a few good points that I had overlooked. Now the new episode featuring Tarkin, Holly S*** a lotta stuff happenned. Some of it messed up like you mentioned. And I wonder where things are gonna from here.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2015, 08:55:19 am »
Sith always have a backup. Dooku had hoped to kill Palpatine and have Ventress be his apprentice, Palpatine knew this and ordered Dooku to kill her. Meanwhile, Palpatine had Anakin who he was grooming to replace Dooku.

Same thing is happening with Vader and Palpatine in Rebels and the OT. They both are always looking for the next potential apprentice. Before Luke, Vader had Starkiller (though that is now Legends canon) and I would not be surprised if the Inquisitor is also a hopeful Sith apprentice for Vader at this time. Remember, Vader tasked him with finding the children of the force. Who knows, maybe Ezra or Kanan turn to the dark side and become an agent of the Sith.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2015, 10:48:26 am »
Man, those last two episodes were pretty kick-ass.

Tarkin hit the scene and he completely stole the show. It just so happens that I was reading the new Tarkin novel from James Luceno. It's one of those inconsequential stories because we know that nothing happens to him, but it gives us a lot on Tarkin's background, as a kid and a master strategist, as well as explain his noticable abscence in the prequel series.

Having said that, I like where the show is going... Kannan make an ubber bold move and I think the theories regarding who Fulcrum seems to have some weight (despite the voice being altered, Fulcrum does sound female and I can only think of a handful of people who might be). Love how Ezra has made considerable progress in his character growth.