Author Topic: Smartphones killing traditional TV  (Read 9450 times)

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
Re: Smartphones killing traditional TV
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2015, 11:37:46 am »
Here in Portugal you pay like.. 2.5euro for the 4 main channels (which are complete shit, except for Channel 2 and it's artsy content). This is non-optional fare, so you might as well have them.. sometimes they have exclusive football matches, so they are important.

But the main plate of TV is SportTV. Problem is there is no SportTV-only service. You need to have some sort of cable service to get it (which doubles it's price). Pretty crap.. I know for example you can pay just to watch NBA on any device, regardless of where you are. Should be the same..but no.
SEG4GES

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2015, 01:34:36 am »
I dont know about you guys, but "finding" something to watch can sometimes be pretty anoying. And it prevents finding great things to watch you wouldnt think of.

What I usually do, especially when im home alone on days off, is chill on the couch, have mobile in my hand checking forums, talking to people, 3ds next to me for when i wanna play some of that, and have the TV on. For me the tv really sets the mood in situations like this. I would really miss it. Or it generally does in the living room.

Channels I usually leave on are comedy central or History channel. I love me some pawn stars!

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2015, 05:33:28 am »
I leave it on SportTV.
SEG4GES

Offline TruthEnigma

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2015, 05:40:55 am »
Watching TV like that would reduce my time watching an embarrassing amount of lets players on YouTube! I get the idea of just finding things you would normally watch but I get that by checking Netflix's suggestions for movies. Far too much TV is reality-TV based which I cannot stand so what little TV shows I watch, I get online (see Top Gear, South Park, Metalocalypse and Archer)

Offline Nathan Dunsmore

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2015, 12:25:10 pm »
and NFL has said they are looking into using streaming services for all games. Honestly the NFL broadcasting is so fucked. Blackouts, timezoned games and stuff just make me mad.

Yes, I understand the NFL will be streaming one of their London games exclusively next season - Jacksonville vs Buffalo. Not a great match up, though I do have high hopes for the Bills this year.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2015, 12:54:41 pm »
NFL is in talks about expanding their out of US games to Germany and Mexico too. Bills should have a good year, we shall see. Its one of those teams that I hate to root for but can't help hoping they do good. Their team colors are great, I love them.

Offline Nathan Dunsmore

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2015, 03:57:38 pm »
They've had such a long playoff drought and I'm tired of seeing New England win that division every year. As a MI native and Lions fan it's a pain I know all too well.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2015, 08:41:39 pm »
I don't own a TV, all major channels like BBC channels, 4 channels, ITV channels and all the rest have online streaming AND basically online libraries so I can watch what I want when I want on my laptop... TV is long gone from my life.
Made by SEGA

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2015, 03:41:16 pm »
I'll be okay with this when I can watch Kings games through a digital service. Even when I had NHL Center ice, I couldn't stream Kings games due to my location. Because of my region I had to watch them on TV.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88