Author Topic: Christmas day let's get down to whats REALLY most important.  (Read 9884 times)

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
Christmas day let's get down to whats REALLY most important.
« on: January 02, 2011, 11:57:10 pm »
Christmas din-dins!

What do you usually have for Christmas dinner?

Usually I eat quite modestly, 1 meal a day and some fruit or something in the morning/late at night... Not that I'm a heath nut I just really like fruit...

BUT CHRISTMAS DAY and the following days of left overs I eat like a pig! My mother saves up these money off coupons though out the year just so she can go mental buying all sorts of shit we don't need or usually eat at Christmas for cheap.

But what ever it works for me!

My perfect Christmas dinner only needs one thing... A selection of meat! I don't really like turkey, actually I think it is really dry and not even as tasty as chicken so I usually like to have chicken, a big fuck-off ham and some roast beef... Little to no seasoning, I want to know meat is going into my mouth, not herbs. Sausages and Bacon go down well at ALL times of the year.

On Christmas day, I go hungry all day so I'm really fucking hungry when the food is ready... Which of course my mother cooks I also have a couple of glasses of what ever booze is handy so that when the food comes I'm not only hungry I've got that drunk hunger that makes you buy shitty food in town on your way home like kebabs.

In fact I'm so hungry I even like side dishes like sprouts and cabbage, stuffing and all the other trimmings.

There also HAS to be enough food that when everyone is full there is still a ton left over that I can go pick at later that night like a savage scavenger picking clean Santa’s carcass, often making sandwiches out of it with lashings of helmans mayonnaise

Oh and while I’m not a big fan of Christmas pudding, Christmas CAKE is amazing with a nice cup of tea.

Shit I can’t wait for next Christmas dinner!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »
Made by SEGA

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
Re: Christmas day let's get down to whats REALLY most important.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 01:50:34 pm »
We had delicious Tamales, ham and a ton of stuff like cheesecake, cookies  and brownies. Some good stuff.

The Tamales my family makes are no the sweet kind, its like meat with some mole: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mole_(sauce)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 02:09:06 pm »
We had a Turducken the night before (de-boned chicken stuffed into a de-boned duck, which itself is stuffed into a de-boned turkey). Damn tasty.

Christmas Day we had steak for dinner.

New Years Eve we had seafood gumbo and Mississippi mud cake.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 04:39:59 pm »
We had a Turducken the night before (de-boned chicken stuffed into a de-boned duck, which itself is stuffed into a de-boned turkey). Damn tasty.

Hahaha, I've had this at a wedding but there was a quail in the mix too... But after I felt kind of guilty, I mean seriously do we need to eat 3 or 4 birds at once when there are starving people? I felt like the definition of gluttony and Western greed.

I know what you mean though, tastey!
Made by SEGA

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 02:01:06 am »
We had a Turkey that was cooked in the BBQ (Aussie as fuck, I know). My dad has it down to perfection, it always tastes great and is juicy all the way through. That was with stuffing and vegetables and salad as well. Then just had some Christmas Cake with custard afterwards.

On Boxing Day we had a more traditional BBQ with lamb, chicken, sausages, onions, all types of salads etc. We also had garlic bread made from Lebanese bread and garlic paste, again cooked on the BBQ until crispy.

I love Christmas food.