Author Topic: iPad: Who gives a shit?  (Read 49968 times)

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
Re: iPad: Who gives a shit?
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2010, 01:50:47 pm »
The device is not mean't to be 'worked on for hours' for serious business. Lets be honest, neither are netbooks. 10 inch screen? Small keyboard? Shoot, I can't really type on a laptop keyboard, its just too weird. I need a desktop keyboard with a decent monitor. That is another issue with most laptop screens, you move like 1 cm to the right or down and the screen looks horrible.

OK this is not a complain about laptops in general thread, but I just want functions like multitask and actual flash support. Tons of sites use flash,would be awesome to have. HTML5 works, but its barely taking off.

I also voted Obama, watcha gonna do about it?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2010, 02:10:02 pm »
Quote from: "orta"
I never said this. I pointed the keyboard fact because you're limited to the software keyboard. If you're going to work for a while software keyboards don't work. I knew you could get an external one. But if you have to buy extra, what's the point of Apple selling me the device as a netbook?

That's not what you said.  Your post implied that there was no keyboard available.  "Hello, Keyboard?" (or whatever you said)

Apple has never said it was a netbook, or called it one.  This is like saying it's a terrible skateboard because it doesn't even have wheels.  I bought the Keyboard Dock for if I'm going to be doing a lot of typing, but I think the 3 other computers I own will serve that purpose most of the time.   Apple won't make a small mobile device with a built-in hardware keyboard.  No one should have hoped for that.  Still, I'm going to give the software keyboard a chance.

Quote from: "snorta"
I read everything to that point and nothing you told me was helpful. When I point out the fact the device doesn't have a USB port you tell me I'm poor and that I shouldn't ever buy the iPad! It looks like I'm not worthy enough!

That's not exactly how it went.  I thought it was funny that you called $29.00 a heap of money, or whatever you said.  I said "don't buy an iPad" because you insist that I want to sell you one.  I said don't buy one because you obviously don't want it!  Duh....

What words did I put in your mouth?  

Hyporcisy

1)  You weren't going to argue with me because I'm a "salesman" but you continue to do it. It's the easiest escape in the world to tell you that I didn't read your post because of  some little thing you wrote.  It's like ignoring everything you say and calling you wrong because of a spelling error.  It's disrespectful.  If you aren't going to read it, don't respond to it.  I don't call you out because of one word or phrase, and I have the courtesy to read everything you wrote to me.  I could also say, "I don't respond to a fictional 15 year old girl from an XBOX game."  Anyway, If you want me to start dissecting your posts the way you did mine, and only responding to the weakest parts I will.  If that's how you want to be treated, keep doing it to other people.

2)  You called me knowledgeable, and unconvincing and unhelpful.

3)   You called me a salesman, then point out that I tell you not to buy one.

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Smotrenfu!
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2010, 02:20:45 pm »
Quote from: "George"
The device is not mean't to be 'worked on for hours' for serious business. Lets be honest, neither are netbooks. 10 inch screen? Small keyboard? Shoot, I can't really type on a laptop keyboard, its just too weird. I need a desktop keyboard with a decent monitor. That is another issue with most laptop screens, you move like 1 cm to the right or down and the screen looks horrible.

OK this is not a complain about laptops in general thread, but I just want functions like multitask and actual flash support. Tons of sites use flash,would be awesome to have. HTML5 works, but its barely taking off.

I also voted Obama, watcha gonna do about it?

Sorry for the double post, but mine have been getting too long.  I agree with you, George.  Even on my laptop I have a full keyboard plugged into it.  As for Flash Support.  It looks like Apple is trying to force the change.  They say Flash would eat a ton of battery life if it was on the iPhone.  They want the world to move on to HTML 5.  I don't know if it will happen, and I think for right now yours is a legitimate gripe.  Apple has never had problems with this type of growing pains, where the Windows PC world likes to ease into changes instead of making violent, swift adjustments like Apple does.  I don't judge either philosophy, but I've hitched my wagon to Apple, so I'm along for the ride.  

I voted for Obama too.

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2010, 02:24:53 pm »
Quote from: "Emmett The Crab"
I never said this. I pointed the keyboard fact because you're limited to the software keyboard. If you're going to work for a while software keyboards don't work. I knew you could get an external one. But if you have to buy extra, what's the point of Apple selling me the device as a netbook?

That's not what you said.  Your post implied that there was no keyboard available.  "Hello, Keyboard?" (or whatever you said)

Apple has never said it was a netbook, or called it one.  This is like saying it's a terrible skateboard because it doesn't even have wheels.  I bought the Keyboard Dock for if I'm going to be doing a lot of typing, but I think the 3 other computers I own will serve that purpose most of the time.   Apple won't make a small mobile device with a built-in hardware keyboard.  No one should have hoped for that.  Still, I'm going to give the software keyboard a chance.

Quote from: "snorta"
I read everything to that point and nothing you told me was helpful. When I point out the fact the device doesn't have a USB port you tell me I'm poor and that I shouldn't ever buy the iPad! It looks like I'm not worthy enough!

That's not exactly how it went.  I thought it was funny that you called $29.00 a heap of money, or whatever you said.  I said "don't buy an iPad" because you insist that I want to sell you one.  I said don't buy one because you obviously don't want it!  Duh....

What words did I put in your mouth?  

Hyporcisy

1)  You weren't going to argue with me because I'm a "salesman" but you continue to do it. It's the easiest escape in the world to tell you that I didn't read your post because of  some little thing you wrote.  It's like ignoring everything you say and calling you wrong because of a spelling error.  It's disrespectful.  If you aren't going to read it, don't respond to it.  I don't call you out because of one word or phrase, and I have the courtesy to read everything you wrote to me.  I could also say, "I don't respond to a fictional 15 year old girl from an XBOX game."  Anyway, If you want me to start dissecting your posts the way you did mine, and only responding to the weakest parts I will.  If that's how you want to be treated, keep doing it to other people.

2)  You called me knowledgeable, and unconvincing and unhelpful.

3)   You called me a salesman, then point out that I tell you not to buy one.

Keep at it! You're entertaining! I'm going to go to a Nintendo forum now, and argue with my contrary opinion to theirs! You really have a soft spot for Apple. :lol: Yeah, I'm calling you a fanboy now. Hey George, ban me.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2010, 02:31:11 pm »
Saw this image on the PSU forums, the ground is Orta

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Smotrenfu!
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2010, 02:34:40 pm »
Keep at it! You're entertaining! I'm going to go to a Nintendo forum now, and argue with my contrary opinion to theirs! You really have a soft spot for Apple. :lol: Yeah, I'm calling you a fanboy now. Hey George, ban me.

No need to blow a gasket.

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2010, 03:23:12 pm »
I'm not worthy of the mighty pad. :cry:

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2010, 03:37:24 pm »
Quote from: "Orta"

the iGod

Offline Autosaver

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2010, 03:43:52 pm »
You have to download Itunes and bring your Ipad home to even turn it on.

XD

Oh.. don't spend money on this crap. Get the 3G version for $599!

Offline George

« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2010, 05:40:17 pm »
No way I will be banning someone for having a differing opinon, I like that in a community. That is why I'm very happy to have you and AND Emmet. It would have been really boring if the thread had all of us clinging shit at the iPad for 2 pages.

Just don't take it personally, either of you. If you think you guys are getting heated, take a short break and don't respond. Last thing you want to do is say something you will regret. It is just a computing device.

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Smotrenfu!
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2010, 05:47:02 pm »
Quote from: "Autosaver"

XD

I got the 64MB 3G version, so I'm still waiting for mine to come in the mail.  On the plus side, I get the case and the VGA adapter tomorrow.  Weeeeeee!  I didn't know you can't turn it on until you plug it in.  That's weird, but certainly not a deal breaker.  I'm glad mine's coming in the mail.  All those people that want to play with it in the car on the way home...  Too bad.

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Smotrenfu!
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2010, 05:48:48 pm »

I stopped reading after the period at the end of the sentence.  That's right, I didn't read your frowny face!

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2010, 05:55:44 pm »

XD

I got the 64MB 3G version, so I'm still waiting for mine to come in the mail.  On the plus side, I get the case and the VGA adapter tomorrow.  Weeeeeee!  I didn't know you can't turn it on until you plug it in.  That's weird, but certainly not a deal breaker.  I'm glad mine's coming in the mail.  All those people that want to play with it in the car on the way home...  Too bad.

That's pretty bad for 600 dollars

Offline George

« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2010, 06:02:46 pm »
Quote from: "ShadiWulf"

XD

Eee PC users paid 400 for 4gb of space and no one gave them crap. It is for the 3G version. Do I think they should charge so much for the '3G difference' ? No. But honestly, I think all laptops should have 3G built in.

Though the extra cost makes sense sorta, it costs about $99 dollars + 2 year contract to get a 3G adapter for a laptop. This has it build in for a $50 more, no contract.

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2010, 06:04:22 pm »
Quote from: "George"
Quote from: "ShadiWulf"
Eee PC users paid 400 for 4gb of space and no one gave them crap. It is for the 3G version. Do I think they should charge so much for the '3G difference' ? No. But honestly, I think all laptops should have 3G built in.

Though the extra cost makes sense sorta, it costs about $99 dollars + 2 year contract to get a 3G adapter for a laptop. This has it build in for a $50 more, no contract.

I don't think you noticed what exactly i bolded >.> look again