Author Topic: Sonic 25th Anniversary - Offical Topic.  (Read 236720 times)

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
Re: Sonic 25th Anniversary - Offical Topic.
« Reply #360 on: July 28, 2016, 12:47:48 pm »
Concept art, interviews and manuals aside, Sonic 1 - 3nK has no humans in it aside from Robotnik.

Crackdude, you parsed my message incorrectly. Obviously, Robotnik is taking over the world, but, the result of his efforts in the first 3 games is environmental disaster. Chemical Plants, Oil Oceans, Flying Batteries firebombing. THAT aspect is missing from SA1+. From SA1 onward Robotnik is taking over an already developed world.

You guys seriously can't see the Nature vs Man aspect of first 3 games?

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #361 on: July 28, 2016, 01:18:31 pm »
Nature vs Man is clearly there, but it's subtle.
Made by SEGA

Offline Randroid

« Reply #362 on: July 28, 2016, 02:22:36 pm »
Nature vs Man is clearly there, but it's subtle.

Agreed. Awesome Possum is the unsubtle version.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #363 on: July 28, 2016, 05:44:35 pm »
Concept art, interviews and manuals aside, Sonic 1 - 3nK has no humans in it aside from Robotnik.

That's because Sega America cut the back story of Sonic and also his love interest . Come the time of the DC Sega America had little market share to force Somic Team to do what they suggest.
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Randroid

« Reply #364 on: July 28, 2016, 06:17:59 pm »
That's because Sega America cut the back story of Sonic and also his love interest . Come the time of the DC Sega America had little market share to force Somic Team to do what they suggest.

Hey that's fine. I'm sure Sonic was meant to be a million and one different things by different teams. All that matters though is the final product that we actually play and in that final product, Robotnik is the only human.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #365 on: July 28, 2016, 07:14:04 pm »
I'm 90% sure the 2017 footage is in-engine.

Made by SEGA

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #366 on: July 28, 2016, 07:26:24 pm »
The reason I think its CG  is because of the classic sonic model. It always looks to me like theres 2 different teams model the characters differently, altho im not sure ofcourse

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #367 on: July 29, 2016, 10:47:30 am »
It looks a bit too much for it not to be pre-rendered to me.

More opinions: https://youtu.be/QrA-LUUQouE
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 11:58:35 am by Tad »

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #368 on: July 29, 2016, 03:56:21 pm »
This video shows off the level design really well
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-BCf-3lSMug

There's so much to look forward to with this game. You can see that the original act 1 and 2 from green hill have been connected with an added layer on top. The act then ends inside.. a cave? with a boss battle. Just thinking about the transitions similar to sonic 3 & knuckles into the act 2's just gets me giddy. Also the fact of having act 1 boss battles in classic stages. Or the fact that all the classic stages might get similar or even more drastic twists/remixes to whats been shown of ghz. So much to look forward to

Offline Tad

« Reply #369 on: July 30, 2016, 01:27:45 pm »
Digital Foundry take a look at Sonic Mania: https://youtu.be/bZHBWPov8dk

Offline Artwark

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #370 on: July 30, 2016, 02:54:46 pm »
I wonder if Project 2017 is using Unreal 4 Engine cause from the looks of the lighting, that kind of thing is something I've noticed in Unreal 4.....if it does, can it handle physics well?

Offline Sharky

« Reply #371 on: July 30, 2016, 03:19:58 pm »
I wonder if Project 2017 is using Unreal 4 Engine cause from the looks of the lighting, that kind of thing is something I've noticed in Unreal 4.....if it does, can it handle physics well?

If that IS in-engine I believe it is Sonic Team's own engine. Either a modifed 'Hedgehog Engine' or its replacement.
Made by SEGA

Offline Tad

« Reply #372 on: July 30, 2016, 03:42:59 pm »
And if it is unreal, the physics are very flexible to what you need, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Offline Artwark

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #373 on: July 30, 2016, 04:39:22 pm »
And if it is unreal, the physics are very flexible to what you need, so it shouldn't be an issue.

now that right there....worries me.

I mean if Havok couldn't do the same physics as the classic games for Generations, how can Unreal top that?

Offline Phantasos

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #374 on: July 31, 2016, 09:59:22 am »
The fact that Sega couldn't even offer 1 artist to handle new sketches for Sonic Mania is kinda lame. They're strictly publishing the thing when it's already pretty much dead set that this will be the best received game of the 2 announced.

That Sonic Team trailer looks like it's going to follow up on Generations which is good but the edgy setting is kinda fucking up already. After Lost World, I can't help by making my self cautiously optimistic at best.

But fuck, man. Mania looks legit in all the right ways. Just hope they focus on new stages and original content than "remixed" levels which is nice but not really that interesting in the long run. Nostalgia pandering works best when they remind us of the good old days with visuals and designs that reminds us of past games, not blast us with old levels with slightly changed bits and pieces.

Not that it's a pretty big deal but Studiolopolis looks so fucking good, I want more of that and less of Fire Shield/"Mini boss" in Green Hill.

Also, the Sega references are all over the place. Streets of Rage, Daytona USA, good shit.