Author Topic: The Trivia Game  (Read 75629 times)

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
Re: The Trivia Game
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2011, 07:22:14 am »
Name the 3 Sega developed Onrail Shooters released on the 'Sega Chihiro' Arcade board.
(Special points awarded if you can also guess the SkateBoarding game.)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »
Made by SEGA

Offline tarpmortar

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2011, 08:03:50 am »
Quote from: "Sharky"
Name the 3 Sega developed Onrail Shooters released on the 'Sega Chihiro' Arcade board.

I know this I KNOW IT! I think..... I don't want people to think I am cheating so I will explain why I know the answers: I am pretty sure Chihiro was Xbox based, and Xbox had HotD III. So HotD III is one of my guesses, I am also quite sure the skating game you are asking for is Ollie King, I know about that one because I am pretty sure it was one of Smilebit's last games, right? I remember it at least looking like Jet Grind Radio. Then G4 had a piece with Adam Sessler where he reviewed Virtua Cop III in the arcades, he mentioned that because it was Chihiro it might have a chance of a port. That is my second...

My final guess, is Ghost Squad, Euro Gamer mentioned in their review of it that it was originally on Chihiro hardware.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2011, 08:38:57 am »
Quote from: "TaroYamada"
Quote from: "Sharky"

I know this I KNOW IT! I think..... I don't want people to think I am cheating so I will explain why I know the answers: I am pretty sure Chihiro was Xbox based, and Xbox had HotD III. So HotD III is one of my guesses, I am also quite sure the skating game you are asking for is Ollie King, I know about that one because I am pretty sure it was one of Smilebit's last games, right? I remember it at least looking like Jet Grind Radio. Then G4 had a piece with Adam Sessler where he reviewed Virtua Cop III in the arcades, he mentioned that because it was Chihiro it might have a chance of a port. That is my second...

My final guess, is Ghost Squad, Euro Gamer mentioned in their review of it that it was originally on Chihiro hardware.

Spot on, well done!
(points for showing your workings!)
Made by SEGA

Offline tarpmortar

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2011, 04:11:35 pm »
Alright...... uhhhh. Name the following two SEGA arcade fighters:

Sega's first attempt at a 3D fighting game, before VF, was called ____ and featured 2D sprites that you could move into the foreground and out into the background creating a '3D' effect. It received an arcade only release.

Sega AM-2 made this 2D fighter, the story took place inside of a nation that was somewhat of an odd choice for the time. Looking for name of the fighting game here, and if you are a true sega bad-ass, the nation that the storyline was based in, I'll accept the name of the 'city' if you don't know the name of the nation. Also arcade only.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2011, 06:25:03 pm »
Arabian Fight? I'm guessing because it's the only 2D fighting AM2 game I can think of. The female lead was a part of the SEGA Gals figurine collection, I never liked her figure. The feet were wonky and she can't stand up straight.

Offline tarpmortar

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2011, 09:05:34 pm »
Quote from: "Barry the Nomad"
Arabian Fight? I'm guessing because it's the only 2D fighting AM2 game I can think of. The female lead was a part of the SEGA Gals figurine collection, I never liked her figure. The feet were wonky and she can't stand up straight.

That is not it good sir, wasn't that more of beat em up anyways? Also, wtf are points? I checked the OP, no mention of points.... Is this a game?

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2011, 06:01:37 am »
Champion Ship Boxer?

That was Suzuki's first game and... it was also RIEKO KODAMA's FIRST GAME. But doesn't match your description. Nonetheless fun trivia.

Also this Arabian Night game seems pretty nice:

Nice detailed HD Sprites (not HD HD, but way better then what the Genesis could display), and 4 player support. Neither Golden Axe nor Streets of Rage had such features.

AM2 does what other studios don't.

Offline tarpmortar

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2011, 06:31:11 am »
Quote from: "cube_b3"
Champion Ship Boxer?

That was Suzuki's first game and... it was also RIEKO KODAMA's FIRST GAME. But doesn't match your description. Nonetheless fun trivia.

Also this Arabian Night game seems pretty nice:

Nice detailed HD Sprites (not HD HD, but way better then what the Genesis could display), and 4 player support. Neither Golden Axe nor Streets of Rage had such features.

AM2 does what other studios don't.

I fucking love you Cube, never change. Still I think SOR would have had four player if the Genny could support that many sprites on screen at once, I think it just would have pushed the hardware a tad too much. Treasure did some kick-ass multi-tap stuff with Guardian Heroes on Saturn though.

Also it isn't Championship Boxer, unfortunately.

A reminder to everyone that the '3D' fighter one is admittedly pretty tough, do keep in mind that the sprites are 2D and they rotate, they can turn their backs to the screen and all that jazz, and they can face it. They can also circle their opponents. NO CHEATING! And no I didn't look this up before asking to make this a hard question, I legitimately know it because I had a high interest in SEGA's fighting franchises and experiments in the genre outside of VF.

Quote from: "Barry the Nomad"
The female lead was a part of the SEGA Gals figurine collection, I never liked her figure. The feet were wonky and she can't stand up straight.

I bet you love that Honey figure  :roll:

Oh, and still, what are points? LOL

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2011, 07:47:18 am »
No points, whoever answers correct asks the next question. Sadly, I was wrong... :(

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2011, 01:11:53 pm »
I admit, I had to look up the answer to this one... I had never heard of it before but it looks like an amazing game.

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2011, 03:42:29 pm »
I too tried to look up the answer, but couldn't find it :S.

Offline tarpmortar

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2011, 07:11:13 pm »
I too tried to look up the answer, but couldn't find it :S.

Two of the voice actors in the game are pretty relevant to SEGA today, though I just checked and am unsure if one of them still works at SEGA because his last title in MobyGames was between 1-5 years ago. I am not gonna be too specific, haha.

Quote from: "Centrale"
I admit, I had to look up the answer to this one... I had never heard of it before but it looks like an amazing game.

Did you find both the 3D game and the 2D? I think you probably found the 2D, the 3D would be harder to find by googling.

Also thanks to everybody being honest, the people who googled not answering and what not.

Uhhh, should I just say what they are? Seems everybody who participates in this thread has already guessed/looked it up. What happens if nobody guesses? Do I ask again? Or is somebody randomly selected, we oughta try and force a new person in.

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2011, 03:00:15 am »
Take a week, if no one guesses you win again therefore you get to quiz us again, and if nobody answers then you get to repeat the process till you meet your maker.

Offline tarpmortar

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2011, 04:11:32 am »
Take a week, if no one guesses you win again therefore you get to quiz us again, and if nobody answers then you get to repeat the process till you meet your maker.

Alright, then I guess I will start thinking about the question for next wednesday in case nobody gets it. Of course I did actually break the rules and ask two questions, should we use one of the games I asked about already for the second week? Or in the future should I just now obey the rule that we only ask one question?

Given nobody gets it by next wednesday of course.

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2011, 12:47:06 pm »
Quote from: "TaroYamada"
Quote from: "Centrale"

Did you find both the 3D game and the 2D? I think you probably found the 2D, the 3D would be harder to find by googling.

Hmm... what I found basically looked like a 2D sprite-scaling game within a 3D space, and the fighters are sprites drawn from multiple angles so it seems they can circle around each other, the camera seems to be able to move forward and back depending on where the fighters are.  The backgrounds are static images but the ground plane has some small details on it so you get a sense of motion as the camera moves.  Really cool diverse character designs.  I didn't Google it but managed to find just enough about it to see that there's not much about it on the internet!  :lol: