Author Topic: SegaBits Fight Club  (Read 66004 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: SegaBits Fight Club
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2010, 05:25:31 pm »
Quote from: "fluffymoochicken"
That's a neato picture, I suppose.

Did you read about the character changes, by the way? Dan has a fireball that reaches across 60% of the screen now. :mrgreen:

Yeah I did, unfortunately it sounds like Vega hasn't gotten many buffs, which he kinda needed. Thankfully his claw stays on longer at least, and maybe his new ultra won't be as useless as Maximum Spider was.

I also heard Adon's move leave him vulnerable a lot and his Ultras aren't very good, but I'll probably still use him, I like him in Alpha 2 at least. Speaking of Alpha, I still wish Birdie was in the game, he was such a cool character.

I'm really interested in learning Hakan as well, but I'm probably not a good enough player to get hte most out of him.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline fluffymoochicken

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2010, 05:41:48 pm »
Lol, Maximum Spider. I've never heard his move called that. Since I'm not a fan of Vega, I don't have much to say, but I sympathize with the people who wanted him to be a contender this time around.

Adon is predictably going to be useless, as he has fragile health and low damage to go with his slower, completely unsafe special moves. I figured that Capcom would screw him over like that. Not sure why they even bothered putting him in the game if they were going to fuck him up badly. =/ I expect him to land in the bottom tier, if not be THE bottom tier by himself (a la Roll Tier in MvC2).

I have a feeling that people might start accusing Hakan players of being "scrubby", but we'll see.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2010, 06:15:20 pm »
Lol, Maximum Spider. I've never heard his move called that. Since I'm not a fan of Vega, I don't have much to say, but I sympathize with the people who wanted him to be a contender this time around.

Adon is predictably going to be useless, as he has fragile health and low damage to go with his slower, completely unsafe special moves. I figured that Capcom would screw him over like that. Not sure why they even bothered putting him in the game if they were going to fuck him up badly. =/ I expect him to land in the bottom tier, if not be THE bottom tier by himself (a la Roll Tier in MvC2).

I have a feeling that people might start accusing Hakan players of being "scrubby", but we'll see.

I'm surprised you never heard it called Maximum Spider before, since it does look so much like Spiderman's Infinity Attack from MSH. It's a really cool looking ultra, but you can block on reaction, it can't be comboed into, and it has that wacky charge motion that's pretty tough to pull out.

I was hoping Adon would be a good character, or at least around mid tier. I don't know where he sat in the ALpha series, but he seemed to be fine. Oh well, hopefully he's better than first impressions would have us believe. EVen so, I don't mind playing low tier, just so long as they aren't completely hopeless to the point where it's not even fun.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2010, 11:54:02 pm »
http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/event/kof-xiii/index.html

KOFXIII reveal and special event coming on the 25th of March in Akihabara.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2010, 05:08:28 pm »
SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV UPDATES

Capcom is offering Super Street Fighter IV: Dojo Edition ONLY through their online store.

* Super Street Fighter® IV
    * Super Street Fighter® IV Dojo Edition Gym Bag
    * T-shirt featuring Dudley tossing his rose
    * 24 oz aluminum water bottle with carabiner (BPA free) featuring Ibuki
    * Super Street Fighter® IV Dojo Edition head band
    * 1 GB USB drive featuring Juri and containing character art, wallpapers, comics and more . . .

http://shop.capcom.com/store/capcomus/e ... 9295635928

Video Showing off SSFIV Alt.s
[youtube:8mei7yf1]yD4YQA1Qlos[/youtube:8mei7yf1]

SSFIV Intro Vid
[youtube:8mei7yf1]JvysZuF84qU[/youtube:8mei7yf1]

Very interesting notes about SSFIV Gameplay changes etc
http://forums.shoryuken.com/content.php ... Translated

Seems like Vega's Ultra 1 now goes through all projectiles and can juggle you on the way up. Apparantly it went from the worst ultra in the game to one of the very best.

It sounds like a lot of Ultra 2s are just plain garbage though, which is a shame. Even worse is the fact that many characters sound like they haven't changed at all, and the shortcuts are still in...

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2010, 02:45:48 am »
SUper Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix is HALF PRICE This week on XBLA.

http://www.shoryuken.com/content.php?r= ... -Xbox-Live

IF anyone has even a passing interest in fighters or is intereted in getting into them in some way, it's worth checking out, really excellent game.

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2010, 07:58:16 am »
I saw that this morning just before I went to bed. I've been on the fence about buying the full game, but now that it's so cheap.... eh, I might give it a shot.

I just don't really see myself playing it more than Marvel is all. :P

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2010, 05:00:17 pm »
I saw that this morning just before I went to bed. I've been on the fence about buying the full game, but now that it's so cheap.... eh, I might give it a shot.

I just don't really see myself playing it more than Marvel is all. :P

It's actually quite good, the new sprites aren't to everyones liking, but I think they look good.

If you see me online shoot me an invite for a few games. I'm not real good, but wouldn't mind playing some matches.

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2010, 07:02:00 pm »
Alright, so obviously I bought the game today... it's more fun than I expected. Especially Dee Jay, he's just as awesome a character as I thought he'd be from all the match footage I've watched before. =)

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2010, 07:07:20 pm »
Alright, so obviously I bought the game today... it's more fun than I expected. Especially Dee Jay, he's just as awesome a character as I thought he'd be from all the match footage I've watched before. =)

Nice matches today! I need to figure out how to escape that DJ cross-up you can do so well, that was a killer. You're grapplers are very good as well, think you'll be using Hakan in SSFIV?

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2010, 07:11:45 pm »
Quote from: "MadeManG74"
Nice matches today! I need to figure out how to escape that DJ cross-up you can do so well, that was a killer. You're grapplers are very good as well, think you'll be using Hakan in SSFIV?
Hehe, yeah, the Dee Jay cross-up is one of the few tricks I actually knew in this game before playing it... Thanks, darksydephil. I also know there's some better combos and an anti-air juggle but I haven't gotten the hang of them yet.

I will definitely be using Hakan in SSFIV, if and when I get it. I love grapplers, I love joke characters.... Hakan is giving me the best of both worlds. ^__^

For now, though, I gotta get back in the swing of playing these slower fighting games again, lol... I need to practice Zangief and T. Hawk especially. I keep screwing up ticks and SPD motions because it's been so long since I've played this sort of game.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2010, 11:40:37 pm »
Because theres not much to talk about in terms of news:
[youtube:3hfk0tuo]6uZWArSOmCc[/youtube:3hfk0tuo]
[youtube:3hfk0tuo]Fk45TJqb9SE[/youtube:3hfk0tuo]

Also been playing loads of KOF '98 UM on XBLA with some Australian guys on my friends list, what a fantastic game. I cannot wait for KOF 2k2 UM soon, I've been learning EX Billy Kane, Yamazaki and Orochi Shermie since they carry over to 2k2 (unlike Mr Big and Brian Battler).
Hopefully SNK gets the netcode sorted out so I can play against people overseas without 3 full seconds of lag.

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2010, 05:58:32 pm »
KOF98UM is a game I never played very much of. It's not an easy pick up and play for casuals type of game, it's very much a "sit here and practice all day" type of game. I would have loved it back in high school, but now... eh. I'll stick to the wackiness of Marvel. :P

So today, the guy who leaked all the info about the new SSFIV characters months in advance has now leaked that Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is in production. Thoughts?

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2010, 06:28:33 pm »
KOF98UM is a game I never played very much of. It's not an easy pick up and play for casuals type of game, it's very much a "sit here and practice all day" type of game. I would have loved it back in high school, but now... eh. I'll stick to the wackiness of Marvel. :P

So today, the guy who leaked all the info about the new SSFIV characters months in advance has now leaked that Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is in production. Thoughts?

KOF98 and UM are a bit more complex than SF in some ways, but it's not that hard to get into once you learn a few characters. I was lucky to find a few Australians/NZ guys who have been playing KOF for ages, so I was able to learn the ropes just by playing online against them (usually against their 'B teams' until I got closer to their levels). It's funny that you think KOF is tougher to get into than Mahvel, because I always found it to be the opposite. Marvel seems to require crazy amounts of practice and knowledge to pull of the high level combos and strats and to know how to counter the God Tier characters. I still think it's a fun game for screwing around with friends, but it seems like you really need to 'practice all day' to get anywhere with competitive play.

Thanks for tipping us off about the MVC3 rumour, I hadn't heard anything about that yet. I wouldn't be surprised if it's in the pipeline, I think MVC2 sold over a million through XBLA/PSN, so it's obviously still a hit, probably even moreso with success of Spiderman, Iron Man, Hulk etc.

It would be interesting to see who they add now that Marvel has had all these movies in recent years and the fact that they won't be re-using sprites again. I got my fingers crossed that Blade and Punisher make an appearance!

I wonder what the control scheme would be like though, if they would have a TVC Light, medium and Heavy, or go with the Light and heavy punches and kicks with assist buttons?

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2010, 06:48:07 pm »
Quote from: "MadeManG74"
KOF98 and UM are a bit more complex than SF in some ways, but it's not that hard to get into once you learn a few characters. I was lucky to find a few Australians/NZ guys who have been playing KOF for ages, so I was able to learn the ropes just by playing online against them (usually against their 'B teams' until I got closer to their levels). It's funny that you think KOF is tougher to get into than Mahvel, because I always found it to be the opposite. Marvel seems to require crazy amounts of practice and knowledge to pull of the high level combos and strats and to know how to counter the God Tier characters. I still think it's a fun game for screwing around with friends, but it seems like you really need to 'practice all day' to get anywhere with competitive play.
Well, I think the main problem with KOF98UM as opposed to MvC2 is that KOF isn't as mainstream, so therefore there's not going to be as even a number of people who play casually as to people who play hardcore... so the few days I actually did go online with KOF98UM, the only people I ever met were players who have been practicing the old game on MAME for years and years. My choices were either to immediately sit around for weeks trying to master the game, or go play a different game that I don't have to devote as much of my time to.

Thanks for tipping us off about the MVC3 rumour, I hadn't heard anything about that yet. I wouldn't be surprised if it's in the pipeline, I think MVC2 sold over a million through XBLA/PSN, so it's obviously still a hit, probably even moreso with success of Spiderman, Iron Man, Hulk etc.

It would be interesting to see who they add now that Marvel has had all these movies in recent years and the fact that they won't be re-using sprites again. I got my fingers crossed that Blade and Punisher make an appearance!

I wonder what the control scheme would be like though, if they would have a TVC Light, medium and Heavy, or go with the Light and heavy punches and kicks with assist buttons?
I hope it's nothing like that TvC shit. I'm not saying that TvC is a terrible game, but it doesn't hold a candle to the fun of Marvel.

MvC3 better bring the faster pace, the crisp tight controls, and the Pringles or else I'll just stick with the older game. :P