Author Topic: iPad: Who gives a shit?  (Read 49793 times)

Offline fluffymoochicken

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: iPad: Who gives a shit?
« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2010, 12:25:05 am »
Quote from: "Emmett The Crab"
Did you inform your friend?  How did they take the news?
Yeah, he knows that I'm totally disappointed in him for buying Apple's crap. It's pathetic. I haven't seen him use it for anything other than what appears to be flash games.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2010, 02:28:05 am »
Any fanboy of any product will except and defend horrible shit and therefor are idiots. In my book, if you buy any product do to a label and lie to yourself that you love it, you are an idiotic sheep and most of the people that stood in line for this were probably there because they are fanboys.

Does not mean the product cannot serve a purpose and be loved by a person. If someone buys the product or sees it on TV and thinks that is what they need. Great, I'm glad they found their way they prefer to browse the web, but you don't have to go and make sarcastic jokes about me and Mademan. We never called the buyers stupid. JooJoo or whatever the shit the knock off is sucks, I saw a review, I did say it 'looked' good, but it does not deliver on its paper promises making it shit.

You can go ahead and like a company and their products, but if you go around defending their shitty products for the sake of loving that logo on it, then you are a retard. Does not mean you can't like an iPad, there are good features on it, but like I stated pages ago (which we already discussed, all of a sudden you call me out on something) is that its not for me and its too much of a 'ipad' and not 'laptop touch tablet' like I wish it was.

Again, what Mademan said, I agree with. Apple loyalist are the worse. I know, some guy I used to grow up with turned into one. He is the biggest fucking asshole ever. He dresses up like he works at the Apple store, but he doesn't. Of course he has 2 iPads. lol.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2010, 04:04:33 am »
Hey Emmet, don't take it personally, I just don't see the appeal of this product at all. I also think that some people (not you personally) would buy literally anything with Apple on it.

I don't have a problem with you at all, and if you like it that's great, but you explained all the reasons you liked it and what you're getting out of it after I made that post (i think)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2010, 07:52:44 am »
Quote from: "fluffymoochicken"
Quote from: "Emmett The Crab"
Did you inform your friend?  How did they take the news?
Yeah, he knows that I'm totally disappointed in him for buying Apple's crap. It's pathetic. I haven't seen him use it for anything other than what appears to be flash games.

Flash games on an Apple product!? LOLOL*snort*LOLOL!!! If you're going to hate the product, at LEAST know how it works!

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2010, 08:02:56 am »
Quote from: "Barry the Nomad"
Flash games on an Apple product!? LOLOL*snort*LOLOL!!! If you're going to hate the product, at LEAST know how it works!
I did not say they were actually flash games. Learn to read.

what appears to be flash games.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2010, 09:21:16 am »
Quote from: "fluffymoochicken"
I did not say they were actually flash games. Learn to read.

what appears to be flash games.

If you state that they appear to be flash games then I (and probably any other person reading what you wrote) would assume you thought they WERE flash games. They aren't, and I pointed that out to you. It's like looking at a Big Mac and saying "it appears to be a Whopper". It's not.

If you meant "appears to be flash games" as an insult to the iPod game library, then I recommend checking out the awesome games available for the iPod. TouchArcade.com highlights many impressive new and upcoming releases. Despite the hate the iPad is getting here, there's no denying that the app store has many great games.

I think your m.o. on these forums is to piss people off, and you need to quit it or you're not going to have many friends.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2010, 09:49:12 am »
SEG4GES

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2010, 09:55:42 am »
Steve Jobs made a valid point recently is explaining why flash is not supported on the iPod. Beyond his personal gripes with it, which I do not share, he points out that most flash interfaces are designed for point and click interfaces, which the iPod is not. Even if Flash were supported, the interface would not translate well to the touch interface and would, if anything, cause more work for flash devs who would have to design two versions of a flash interface. One for point and click, one for touch.

I still think it should be supported, but I think that's a valid point.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2010, 10:32:09 am »
Who cares anyway.. Microsoft has already stated that Flash is becoming obsolete, and that the future is HTML5. Like Jobs is trying to tell everyone for ages anyway.

I do not see how touching would be a nuisance for Flash.. I can imagine not all Flash apps working the best, but they would at least run.
SEG4GES

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2010, 10:38:05 am »
It's like looking at a Big Mac and saying "it appears to be a Whopper". It's not.
What if the Big Mac looked exactly like a Whopper? I think you get what I mean, here.

I already knew about the whole Adobe vs. Apple fiasco, so yes, it was intended to be an insult to their games.

If you meant "appears to be flash games" as an insult to the iPod game library, then I recommend checking out the awesome games available for the iPod.
Uh, no thanks. I don't even like handhelds, let alone touch screens for gaming and overpriced Apple devices.

I think your m.o. on these forums is to piss people off, and you need to quit it or you're not going to have many friends.
You have, on multiple occasions, come out and insulted me, so why should I be friends with you?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 11:53:48 am by fluffymoochicken »

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2010, 11:42:42 am »
George:  So to sum up, if I do X, I am an idiotic sheep, if I do Y, I am a retard.  Personally, I think your generalization is retarded.  I know all kinds of people that buy things and never figure out how to use it.  

Most people in the world replace their PC when it slows down, due to too much crap running in the task bar, and not enough ram.  It gets a few years old, slows down, and they mistakenly assume it's too slow because it is now obsolete.  Does that make them Microsoft Fanboy idiots?  

They know they want something because everyone is talking about it, or because their friend has one.  It has nothing to do with being fan boys.  Maybe because I'm from a different generation than you, but I hate this hipster language.  It's just empty rhetoric to me.  People are consumers, and they buy crap they don't know how to use, and they don't appreciate what they have.  We also live in a world where people write blogs and don't know how to spell.  Once I saw Gallagher, and after the show people were in line to buy DVDs and get autographs signed.  One lady asked if she could take a picture of him, and he said it was okay.  Then she handed him the camera and asked him how to turn it on.  He went off on how stupid she was, and how she was wasting everyone's time.  That people who buy things should learn how to use them.  

Sorry I called you out on an old post (Mademan too), but really I had just read that Joojoo review, and I wanted to call you out on the fact that you (like a lot of people) assume that Apple products have not substance, the people who buy them are idiots or retards, and there are these secret products out there that are so much better, but only the smart people like you know about them.  That thing was garbage, and you never went back and revised your opinion, you just hoped that nobody would notice.  

Fluffy:  I hope your friends also take inventory of what you buy and judge you based on it.  You will never see me saying everyone who buys an HP computer is a complete moron, even though the only one I ever worked with caught fire.  

People buy things, and if you want to know why, ask them.  I'm sick of defending myself here.  Maybe you know now why I bought it, and maybe Fluffy still thinks I'm a moron, maybe others of you think everyone else that bought one is a moron now except me.  You're missing the point.

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #86 on: May 02, 2010, 11:58:30 am »
Of course people will be judged over this. Like it or not, its sales speak volumes about who's gullible enough to buy into hype, who likes to jump on bandwagons, or who desperately want to be seen as trendy by the things that they buy.

In the case of my friend, however, he makes over $100,000 a year, so I'm sure he doesn't care if he wastes his money on something frivolous that he probably won't use very often.

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Smotrenfu!
« Reply #87 on: May 02, 2010, 12:23:33 pm »
I went into a lot of detail as to why I bought mine, and it has nothing to do with my income, but you could assume the same thing about me, since I make over $100,000 per year.

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #88 on: May 02, 2010, 12:31:36 pm »
Well, I don't know what your reasons are, and I don't care to go back and read about them right now. I only know what his are because I see him almost every day.

I can't imagine him having a ton of practical uses for that thing. Also, what exactly can you do with it that you can't with a laptop or a tablet? Aside from its games, naturally.

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Smotrenfu!
« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2010, 01:43:20 pm »
It's up to you whether it's useful to you or not.  It's a hybrid of the iPod touch and a laptop.  It can do things that a laptop can't do due to the complex touchscreen interface, and it can run more complex applications than an iPod touch, because it has a better processor and more ram (I assume).  There are plenty of things a laptop can do that the iPad can't, but it's mostly software limitations and availability at this point.  It's less versatile in terms of peripherals and customization, but more versatile as a mobile platform.

The contacts and calendar apps for it are the best I have ever seen on any platform, which may be meaningless to a lot of you, but I have over 1200 contacts that sync seamlessly to my computers at work, mine at home, my iPhone and now my iPad.  

It's an eBook reader, like a Kindle, but with a color, backlit touch screen so you can have stuff like graphic novels and comic books.  

It's a movie player (but no optical drive) with a 10-hour battery (no laptop of mine has ever made it past 2 hours playing a movie).  

It's a tablet where I can present keynote (Apple's answer to Powerpoint) presentations at a person's house without hauling out a laptop.  I can also go through PDF files of things I have scanned, rather than paper.  

It's not a netbook, which is pretty much a hamstrung laptop trying to run the same version of Windows as a regular PC.  

I've never owned or messed with a tablet, but they are laptops with touch-screens, right?  I assume the principal is similar, with a radically different execution, which for me makes a huge difference.  

That's as summarized as I can put it.