Author Topic: Capcom is allowing "Hostile Takeover" Buyout  (Read 82980 times)

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
Re: Capcom is allowing "Hostile Takeover" Buyout
« Reply #150 on: July 24, 2014, 10:07:09 am »
75 million each  and 90 million plus for the Wii and its a matter of fact that the XBox One and PS4 is selling better than what the 360 and PS3 did at the same stage of their life cycle .

Again context, that you are clearly overlooking.

The Xbox One WAS outstripping the demand for the Xbox 360 but the past 4 months, Xbox 360 has been outselling the Xbox One. This is a fact, you can very well use the spin Microsoft is adapting to but it is clear to see sales have slowed down significantly.

From Microsoft themselves;
Xbox 360 shipments
October - December: 1.5 mil
January - March: 1.7 mil
April - June: 1.8 mil
Total: 5 million

Xbox One shipments:
October - December: 3.9 mil
January - March: 1.2 mil
April - June: Less than 1.1 mil (Microsoft combined sales of Xbox 360 and Xbox One at this point)
Total: Less than 6.2 million

www.microsoft.com/investor/EarningsAndFinancials/Earnings/PressReleaseAndWebcast/FY14/Q4/default.aspx

Of course you'll just focus on the total rather than the trend which when it comes to sales is just not the way to extrapolate data and make any sort of prediction. The fact that they're combining the shipments for the 360 and One together now shows how much trouble the console is facing. FYI the Xbox 360 shipped 0.8 million for the previous period, so the Xbox One could possibly have shipped less than 500,000 units, terrible result all round.

No it wasn't . The Wii U 1st years weren't even close to that of the Cube, never mind the Wii . Looking over that, the Wii U its last gen hardware and a gimmick too far . The real gamers consoles are showing no signs of slowing down and have retail and full 3rd party support (the key difference) that will seen those console through

Are you purposely selecting choice words from my quotes and replying to them?

I said first three months, not the first year. Again it seems you're having a separate argument in your own head and not the one at hand. The point was the Wii U had bigger initial sales than the Wii, so the first three months mean nothing, the following months do and it does not paint a great picture for the Xbox One.

I think you find sales have now doubled and 200,000 that's still better than the 360 could manage . And every console see's a decline in sales after the hype for a lauch

The Xbox 360 sold more than 200,000 on a number of occasions.

Again, context is key and something you seem insistent in overlooking. Sales doubled only because of the price cut and even then it was hardly impressive. To go from 140,000 units in April to 200,000 in June thanks to the price cut is hardly impressive, it's frankly poor.

Like that  news . Its why if you make games for consoles you need to make games for the west and be multiplatform - Shame SOJ doesn't take note .

Again that's not the point. The point is the sales of consoles will see a hit of over 15 million thanks to the collapse of the Japanese console industry and there are no indication sales in the West will help cover these losses.

Sigh... There's no need to argue , The simple facts are that consoles games sales are better than PC games sales .

This is a discussion form which is for... Discussion? A riveting revelation for you perhaps.

And again, where is your proof? You show me none and say "Well console games sales are better than PC games which are nothing compared to the 90s!" but you've given no proof, just your words. Why should I believe you when I posted links, counter arguments (Which you fail to reply to or go on some strange tandem that has no relation to the original point) and provided all the evidence, you? Just words without any links to back up your arguments.

Show me evidence and I might believe you, otherwise you've got a clearly outdated views in the industry and fail to understand what is going on not just the PC space, but console space too.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #151 on: July 25, 2014, 04:50:55 am »
But the market didn't decrease at the time of those sales either.

It did in Japan and like I said for over a decade now . America is where the sales and money is to be made . People here say consoles are indeclien to what they were . Yet the combined sales of the Wii, 360 and PS3 are better than any previous generation you could care to mention, even the glory 8 and 16 bit days.
Xbox 360 has been outselling the Xbox One. This is a fact, you can very well use the spin Microsoft is adapting
I love the spin for the 1st few months of the 360 on sale  it was being massively outsold by the PS2 is all the key markets , the PS2 was able to outsell the PS3 for the early months of the PS3 - It happens and look how the PS3 and 360 got in sales in the end .
More telling is the fact that both the XBox One and PS4 have sold millions more units that what their predecessors did at the same time of the their life cycle .
The point was the Wii U had bigger initial sales than the Wii,
No But you're wrong . Fact is the Wii U sold far less in its early months than the Wii - In the USA the Wii sold 600,000 plus in less than a week , the Wii U sold 890,000 in a month. So sorry you are wrong , The Wii U did not sell better than the Wii in the opening months.
In Europe both the Wii , Cube and even PSP had better numbers for the 1st months than the Wii U .
The Xbox 360 sold more than 200,000 on a number of occasions
In the early months it sold less than 200,000 units and was always being outsold by the PS2 in the USA. It took a while a price cut and some decent games to change that . The PS3 launch was ever worse for early sales .
And again, where is your proof?
Looking over the sales charts for both the USA and Europe . One just looks at companies set of results from the biggest publishers like Ubi , EA and the like . They all credit console sales being better than their PC sales .  And looking over that GTA V sells over 32 million copies (a game that isn't out on PC) Show me a PC game that sold ever close to that last year and I'll eat my hat :P
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 04:55:21 am by Team Andromeda »
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #152 on: July 25, 2014, 05:14:10 am »
Again context, that you are clearly overlooking.

The Xbox One WAS outstripping the demand for the Xbox 360 but the past 4 months, Xbox 360 has been outselling the Xbox One. This is a fact, you can very well use the spin Microsoft is adapting to but it is clear to see sales have slowed down significantly.

From Microsoft themselves;
Xbox 360 shipments
October - December: 1.5 mil
January - March: 1.7 mil
April - June: 1.8 mil
Total: 5 million

Xbox One shipments:
October - December: 3.9 mil
January - March: 1.2 mil
April - June: Less than 1.1 mil (Microsoft combined sales of Xbox 360 and Xbox One at this point)
Total: Less than 6.2 million

www.microsoft.com/investor/EarningsAndFinancials/Earnings/PressReleaseAndWebcast/FY14/Q4/default.aspx

Of course you'll just focus on the total rather than the trend which when it comes to sales is just not the way to extrapolate data and make any sort of prediction. The fact that they're combining the shipments for the 360 and One together now shows how much trouble the console is facing. FYI the Xbox 360 shipped 0.8 million for the previous period, so the Xbox One could possibly have shipped less than 500,000 units, terrible result all round.

Are you purposely selecting choice words from my quotes and replying to them?

I said first three months, not the first year. Again it seems you're having a separate argument in your own head and not the one at hand. The point was the Wii U had bigger initial sales than the Wii, so the first three months mean nothing, the following months do and it does not paint a great picture for the Xbox One.

The Xbox 360 sold more than 200,000 on a number of occasions.

Again, context is key and something you seem insistent in overlooking. Sales doubled only because of the price cut and even then it was hardly impressive. To go from 140,000 units in April to 200,000 in June thanks to the price cut is hardly impressive, it's frankly poor.

Again that's not the point. The point is the sales of consoles will see a hit of over 15 million thanks to the collapse of the Japanese console industry and there are no indication sales in the West will help cover these losses.

This is a discussion form which is for... Discussion? A riveting revelation for you perhaps.

And again, where is your proof? You show me none and say "Well console games sales are better than PC games which are nothing compared to the 90s!" but you've given no proof, just your words. Why should I believe you when I posted links, counter arguments (Which you fail to reply to or go on some strange tandem that has no relation to the original point) and provided all the evidence, you? Just words without any links to back up your arguments.

Show me evidence and I might believe you, otherwise you've got a clearly outdated views in the industry and fail to understand what is going on not just the PC space, but console space too.

Another strong and accurate post from Aki. Facts compared to smoke and mirror tactics will always win the argument at the end of the day. Something you should try and learn..TA..

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #153 on: July 26, 2014, 09:58:34 am »
Unlike you Joe I know my console history

Here what the 360 was doing in its early months - Oh my if it wasn't being outsold by the PS2

]Like a good soccer match, the monthly sales battles between the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 2 have a lot of exciting back-and-forth. So far, however, the PlayStation 2 has remained in control of the match, outselling the Xbox 360 in six of the seven months since the Xbox 360's debut. The situation is a strong reminder that Sony's PS3 gamble, while huge, has a little more cushioning than is commonly recognized.
Since the release of the Xbox 360, Microsoft has averaged 246,000 console sales each month in the US, while the PS2 has seen an average of 473,000 units—a number bolstered by an estimated 1.5 million sales in December alone. Leaving out December, Sony's average drops to 302,000 per month, still outpacing the Xbox 360 by a healthy margin.
According to sales estimates from the NPD Group (conveniently collected here
and here), the Xbox 360 won its first sales victory against the PS2 in April, outselling Sony's offering by nearly 90,000 units (295,000 units in all). The end of Microsoft's supply problems may have accounted for the leap in sales, but May estimates showed a return to more settled buying trends: Xbox sales decreased by 74,000 units, while the PS2 climbed to more than 231,000 units total, recapturing the lead with roughly 11,000 more consoles sold.
In short, Sony's PS2 sales remain remarkably strong, and with recent price cuts trimming the
system down to US$129, sales are expected to stay strong throughout the year. Sony has sold more than 100 million PS2s, and this year they can expect to add another three million from the US market alone. The PS2 market isn't "winding down" in any meaningful sense.
In closing, I should note that we caution against putting too much weight on these sales estimates, especially in a comparative sense. The PS2 and the Xbox 360 are at opposite ends of their "console lifecycles," and the two are priced quite far apart as well (e.g., $129 vs. $299, PS2, Xbox 360 Core respectively). We are impressed, however, by the PS2's continually strong sales, even as many gamers turn their eyes towards the next-generation. These sales will help keep Sony strong and stable, even in the face of a disappointing PlayStation 3 launch, should fate take that turn.
We're not suggesting that it will. To the contrary, Sony's track record in this area is hard to bet against, even factoring in the
questionable decision to push Blu-ray. As long as PS2 sales remain this strong, Sony can weather bumps in the road, should there be any.

You see it happens and in the end look at how well the 360 did for sales .
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

« Reply #154 on: July 26, 2014, 11:54:39 am »
Unlike you Joe I know my console history

Here what the 360 was doing in its early months - Oh my if it wasn't being outsold by the PS2

You see it happens and in the end look at how well the 360 did for sales .

Unlike you i  know my console reality...

Disappearing Act: Xbox Sales Plummet While Microsoft's Other Devices Continue To Struggle
Comment Now
Follow Comments

Microsoft’s mixed results have largely pleased Wall Street. But the good news on cloud services and stabilization in the PC market can’t mask an ugly truth for the software giant: All of its hardware divisions are performing somewhere between terrible and absolutely dreadful. The worst among them, though, was the Xbox division where the rapid deterioration of Microsoft’s console business may lead to another round of calls to spin the division off.

Things aren’t a lot better for Surface, which is at best treading water, or the Lumia smartphone group, which performed the best of the three albeit not by much. Here’s a look at how Xbox, Surface and Lumia are faring:

Xbox: One console, many problems

As Erik Kain reported here last week, the U.S. retail numbers for Xbox One don’t look that awful. The PS4 beat it handily at retail in June, by 36%, but with nearly 197,000 units sold, Xbox One seems to have benefited from its recent price cut.

That said, Microsoft can’t hide the fact that sales have been so tepid in 2014, it’s been working through channel inventory and manufacturing barely any new consoles. Consider these stats: In the prior quarter, Microsoft reported 2 million console sales of which 1.2 million were the Xbox One. That means the company was moving about 800,000 Xbox 360s just three months ago.

If we assume that the 360 is selling similarly at this point, then this quarter’s 1.1 million consoles likely consisted of just 300,000 Xbox Ones. To get a sense of how terrible that is, it’s as bad as Nintendo’s Wii U results for the quarter that ended in May.

Now, before anyone asks: How can Microsoft sell nearly 200,000 Xbox Ones in the U.S. in June alone if it shipped 300,000 worldwide for the entire quarter? The answer is that the channel has been sitting on too many consoles for and it’s now working through that backlog.

Going forward, that almost certainly means more Xbox sales, but unless Microsoft cuts into Sony’s substantial lead sometime soon, it risks becoming the also-ran of this generation. And it doesn’t help that despite saying nice things about Xbox, new CEO Satya Nadella doesn’t seem especially committed to it.

In his now infamous 3,100 word memo on the company’s future, Nadella spent one paragraph on Xbox. He talked about its importance, but it’s hard to see how it’s very strategic for a company that Nadella described as ”the productivity and platform company for the mobile-first and cloud-first world.”

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markrogowsky/2014/07/23/disappearing-act-xbox-sales-plummet-while-microsofts-other-devices-continue-to-struggle/

Speaks for itself really. Price cut this soon after launch? No more manufacturing,and less than stellar sales? Really that's an indication that the XBO is doing well compared to the 360 last gen. Sure you will try and spin something out of that but considering TWO console companies aren't doing great that's really bad for the industry....

Oh here's another dose of reality...

A recently released report by John Peddie Research (JPR) claimed that the PC gaming hardware market will reach just over $21.5 billion by the end of 2014, and is expected to reach $23 billion by 2017. Seeing reports such as this make it harder and harder to think that around mid-2000s certain areas of the internet were convinced that the PC gaming industry was dying if not already dead. With this report from JPR and other recent reports about the boom in the PC gaming software market really make it clear that the PC market is strong and only going up.
http://www.tacticalgaming.net/hq/news/2014/pc-hardware-sales-rise

So unlike you i know my games history and the reality of console gaming of today....

« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 12:04:16 pm by ROJM »

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #155 on: July 26, 2014, 12:36:15 pm »
No you're all over the shop and a next gen console being out sold by an old system is nothing new for the 1st year - It happened to both the 360 and PS3 - where the PS2 was selling better and even the N64 was being outsold by the PS .

Price cut this soon after launch?

Again nothing new at all . The PS, Sega Saturn both had price cuts  less than a year in . Same goes for the XBox, 360, N64 and Cube . If I was you, get a brief and learn the console history .

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

« Reply #156 on: July 27, 2014, 01:23:15 pm »
No you're all over the shop and a next gen console being out sold by an old system is nothing new for the 1st year - It happened to both the 360 and PS3 - where the PS2 was selling better and even the N64 was being outsold by the PS .

Again nothing new at all . The PS, Sega Saturn both had price cuts  less than a year in . Same goes for the XBox, 360, N64 and Cube . If I was you, get a brief and learn the console history .

Anyone who has read this topic including those who have participated knows that is clearly not the case. The only one who is all over the place is you.
You have been proven wrong. About Capcom..About the games industry climate and the sales of PC and Digital games. Nothing to really back anything up.
Stop wasting everyones time and move on.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #157 on: July 28, 2014, 07:42:08 am »
Anyone who has read this topic including those who have participated knows that is clearly not the case.

I deal in facts not made up myths .So looking over the fact that consoles games sale are better , looking over the fact that current Next gen sales systems are better than previous gen, the fact that previous gen consoles can out sell next gen consoles early in . ..

Lets get some facts about Price cuts

XBox get  a £100 price cut less than six months after its UK lauch , and as a way to make up for those that bought the system early , MS gave people who bought a system at launch free games.

N64 - Get a $100 dollar price cut less than a year on sale in the USA

PS - Gets a $100 dollar price cut less than a year on sale in the USA , SEGA follows suit with the Saturn.

And in Japan the Sega Saturn had a 10,000 yen price cut on June 16th 1995, and on July 21st 1995 in Japan the PS price was dropped from the launch price of 39,800 yen to 29,800 yen .

So sorry again console price cuts early in  aren't nothing new at all ...

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

« Reply #158 on: July 29, 2014, 06:57:08 am »

I deal in facts not made up myths .So looking over the fact that consoles games sale are better , looking over the fact that current Next gen sales systems are better than previous gen, the fact that previous gen consoles can out sell next gen consoles early in . ..

Lets get some facts about Price cuts

XBox get  a £100 price cut less than six months after its UK lauch , and as a way to make up for those that bought the system early , MS gave people who bought a system at launch free games.

N64 - Get a $100 dollar price cut less than a year on sale in the USA

PS - Gets a $100 dollar price cut less than a year on sale in the USA , SEGA follows suit with the Saturn.

And in Japan the Sega Saturn had a 10,000 yen price cut on June 16th 1995, and on July 21st 1995 in Japan the PS price was dropped from the launch price of 39,800 yen to 29,800 yen .

So sorry again console price cuts early in  aren't nothing new at all ...

No we deal in facts..the only one who is myth making is you.

You haven't even made any back ups to sustain your argument its been "I know what i'm talking about so there" or twisting peoples comments just to get an upperhand you can't get because everyone has proven you wrong.
Stop wasting everyone's time with your obvious trolling.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #159 on: July 29, 2014, 02:32:51 pm »
You haven't even made any back ups to sustain your argument its been

No I just deal with facts . Be nice is you posted some facts or anything to back up your case .
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #160 on: July 30, 2014, 07:53:25 am »
I love the spin for the 1st few months of the 360 on sale  it was being massively outsold by the PS2 is all the key markets , the PS2 was able to outsell the PS3 for the early months of the PS3 - It happens and look how the PS3 and 360 got in sales in the end .

The Playstation 2 is a behemoth of a seller, it was still doing 300,000 units of sales in 2006 in the US, the Xbox 360 is not selling 300,000 in US currently, it is not the same type of seller as the PS2. The situation is not comparable. All evidence shows that the PS4 has destroyed the Xbox One in mainline Europe and destroying it in it's major strongholds of US and UK. And even so, the Playstation 4 is not still setting the world on fire, it's sales has began to slow down.

More telling is the fact that both the XBox One and PS4 have sold millions more units that what their predecessors did at the same time of the their life cycle.

If they only sell as much as the Xbox 360 and PS3 then the market is already in significant decline, no one is making up the additional 90 million sales of the Wii. They need better numbers than what they are selling to show market growth for consoles, they're not even going to much the sixth generation's sales with numbers like that.

And finally we just came out of a generation that lasted 7 years+, of course initial sales were going to be massive, however nothing indicates that long term this generation will be the best selling.

No But you're wrong . Fact is the Wii U sold far less in its early months than the Wii - In the USA the Wii sold 600,000 plus in less than a week , the Wii U sold 890,000 in a month. So sorry you are wrong , The Wii U did not sell better than the Wii in the opening months.

Wii Shipments First Quarter
Japan: 1.14
US: 1.25
Other: 0.80
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2007/070125e.pdf#page=6

Wii U Shipments First Quarter
Japan: 0.83
US: 1.32
Other: 0.90
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/library/historical_data/pdf/consolidated_sales_e1212.pdf

Not much difference between the numbers barring Japan. As I said, context, people can, like the Xbox One numbers, spin it and say the Xbox One is doing extremely well, however only initial sales were strong.

In the early months it sold less than 200,000 units and was always being outsold by the PS2 in the USA. It took a while a price cut and some decent games to change that . The PS3 launch was ever worse for early sales.

NPD November 2005
PS2: 535,000
Xbox 360: 326,000
http://www.gfdata.de/archiv12-2005-gamefront/01596.html

NPD December 2005
PS2: 48% increase from last December
Xbox 360: 281,000
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/npd-december-sales-down-4-percent-607000-360s-sold/1100-6142565/

NPD January 2006
Xbox 360: 230,000
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/99097/US_Game_Sales_Down_In_January_Xbox_360_Sales_Slow.php

NPD February 2006
Xbox 360: 160,000+
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/february-game-sales-continue-slide/1100-6145806/

NPD March 2006
Xbox 360: - Nothing found

NPD April 2006
Xbox 360: 295,381
PS2: 206,995
http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=99424

NPD May 2006:
Xbox 360: 221,000
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/141-xbox-area/736003-us-npd-sales-data-xbox-360-specific.html

So two things this shows;

Fool hardy to compare any last gen systems with the PS2 because that console was shipping numbers that Sony and Microsoft could only dream the PS3 and Xbox 360 to be selling now. Second the 360 only sold less than 200,000 twice and it's a well documented fact that Microsoft could not keep up with demand for the console.

Looking over the sales charts for both the USA and Europe . One just looks at companies set of results from the biggest publishers like Ubi , EA and the like . They all credit console sales being better than their PC sales

Activision Blizzard, NCSoft, Nexon and SEGA's major profits come from their PC division.

And looking over that GTA V sells over 32 million copies (a game that isn't out on PC) Show me a PC game that sold ever close to that last year and I'll eat my hat :P

One exception does not proof the rule. Show me a game that brings in over $1 billion of revenue thanks to an expansion pack and a dedicated fanbase a decade after it's release? Again we are not looking at a single title but the entire market and one game does not proof the market is alive and well, it just shows that one title is doing spectacularly well. Show me proof that a ) Software sales in the console industry is not in decline through any reputable sources (Most agree they are on the decline) and b ) PC sales are nothing compared to that of sales in the 1990s because I can assure you that you cannot proof the latter.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #161 on: July 30, 2014, 09:03:01 am »
No I just IGNORE facts .
Fixed it for you TA. No need to thank me.

I can assure you that you cannot proof the latter.

He can't and he won't. He will just ignore the evidence that has been presented to him and take something out of context and turn it into another debate.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #162 on: July 30, 2014, 09:29:40 am »
The Playstation 2 is a behemoth of a seller, it was still doing 300,000 units of sales in 2006 in the US, the Xbox 360 is not selling 300,000 in US currently, it is not the same type of seller as the PS2. The situation is not comparable. All evidence shows that the PS4 has destroyed the Xbox One in mainline Europe and destroying it in it's major strongholds of US and UK. And even so, the Playstation 4 is not still setting the world on fire, it's sales has began to slow down.

If they only sell as much as the Xbox 360 and PS3 then the market is already in significant decline, no one is making up the additional 90 million sales of the Wii. They need better numbers than what they are selling to show market growth for consoles, they're not even going to much the sixth generation's sales with numbers like that.

And finally we just came out of a generation that lasted 7 years+, of course initial sales were going to be massive, however nothing indicates that long term this generation will be the best selling.

Wii Shipments First Quarter
Japan: 1.14
US: 1.25
Other: 0.80
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2007/070125e.pdf#page=6

Wii U Shipments First Quarter
Japan: 0.83
US: 1.32
Other: 0.90
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/library/historical_data/pdf/consolidated_sales_e1212.pdf

Not much difference between the numbers barring Japan. As I said, context, people can, like the Xbox One numbers, spin it and say the Xbox One is doing extremely well, however only initial sales were strong.

NPD November 2005
PS2: 535,000
Xbox 360: 326,000
http://www.gfdata.de/archiv12-2005-gamefront/01596.html

NPD December 2005
PS2: 48% increase from last December
Xbox 360: 281,000
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/npd-december-sales-down-4-percent-607000-360s-sold/1100-6142565/

NPD January 2006
Xbox 360: 230,000
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/99097/US_Game_Sales_Down_In_January_Xbox_360_Sales_Slow.php

NPD February 2006
Xbox 360: 160,000+
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/february-game-sales-continue-slide/1100-6145806/

NPD March 2006
Xbox 360: - Nothing found

NPD April 2006
Xbox 360: 295,381
PS2: 206,995
http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=99424

NPD May 2006:
Xbox 360: 221,000
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/141-xbox-area/736003-us-npd-sales-data-xbox-360-specific.html

So two things this shows;

Fool hardy to compare any last gen systems with the PS2 because that console was shipping numbers that Sony and Microsoft could only dream the PS3 and Xbox 360 to be selling now. Second the 360 only sold less than 200,000 twice and it's a well documented fact that Microsoft could not keep up with demand for the console.

Activision Blizzard, NCSoft, Nexon and SEGA's major profits come from their PC division.

One exception does not proof the rule. Show me a game that brings in over $1 billion of revenue thanks to an expansion pack and a dedicated fanbase a decade after it's release? Again we are not looking at a single title but the entire market and one game does not proof the market is alive and well, it just shows that one title is doing spectacularly well. Show me proof that a ) Software sales in the console industry is not in decline through any reputable sources (Most agree they are on the decline) and b ) PC sales are nothing compared to that of sales in the 1990s because I can assure you that you cannot proof the latter.

As for your points, i think its time to realise something.

The market that consoles was a part has changed in the last decade.
Before they were part of the old home market..where you can get the cream of great equipment in the comforts of home. So for example you can cook like a chef and quicker with a Microwave oven...or get your stuff cleaned and washed with a washing machine etc...
With television and video and that type of stuff it became get to experience the cinema..in the comfort of home.
All game consoles were was the same idea..get the latest arcades..at the comfort at home....

It then became with systems like the DC and Xbox get PC like games without having the complications of a PC.

But now this industry has moved to another direction. Instead of watching from the comfort of home..its watch the latest stuff on the go. Enjoy the quality of TV..on the go. All video games are doing is following this transition. Play the arcades on the go. Sega has been doing this idea since the early noughties by either introducing connectivity between their latest arcade games and mobile games ala Dreamcast VMU or releasing older arcade games onto mobile like VIRTUA FIGHTER 2. 
While tablets and the PC have become cheap and more expandable and more crucial that people can just simply upgrade without investing so much money and do more things with a PC. Consoles are not offering anything like that. Why watch and surf the net on the XBO when you can do that on the PC and do more with it? Why buy a 60 dollar game when you can buy a game for free and chat to your friends and surf the net as well on a social basis, quick and easy. The games industry via consoles are stuck between the transition of home entertainment going towards a mobile platform and the PC market which is expanding thanks to the advances of the mobile market..like tablets etc,.

All three consoles are, are exhausted ideas that was introduced by Sega with the saturn and DC. But without a Sega present to keep advancing new ideas in console tech, the current big three has to come up with something original...and that's the problem..they don't have anything new..and their market is starting to suffer for it. 

The die hards can ignore the facts and put their head in the sand but this has been going on for a decade now. Sega had all three fingers in the pie of PC Mobile and Console. Now they have pulled one finger out and put the other two deeper. And usually where Sega goes the rest will follow. We know this because we have seen it time and again throughout the years especially the last decade.
So unless someone can come out with a brilliant original idea for a games console..the console industry will die out if it continues in its current form...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 09:33:05 am by ROJM »

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #163 on: July 30, 2014, 10:09:30 am »
The Playstation 2 is a behemoth of a seller, it was still doing 300,000 units of sales in 2006 in the US, the Xbox 360 is not selling 300,000 in US currently, it is not the same type of seller as the PS2.

Well you need to factor in a few things like the PS2 had zero competition for its 1st year on sale  . But like I said it's not the 1st time a previous consoles as outsold a current next gen console , not only for  the PS2, but I believe the NES was able to outsell the Mega Drive in the USA for the early months , the Superfamicom was able to outsell the PS in the early months in Japan .

All evidence shows that the PS4 has destroyed the Xbox One in mainline Europe and destroying it in it's major strongholds of US and UK. And even so, the Playstation 4 is not still setting the world on fire, it's sales has began to slow down.

And if you was posting last gen in a similar topic  you'll be saying the same things . No hope for consoles they're in decline just look at how the PS2 is able to outsell the 360, just look at the lowish numbers for the PS3 early sales  . In the end look what happened the 360 and PS3 went on to sell 70 million plus each and if one totals combines the Wii, PS3, 360 sales  , then last gen sales were the best in the history of consoles , even if the 360 and PS3 didn't get off to the best of starts. Oh I think its fact that the X Box one has sold more units than what the 360 or PS3 did in the same life span of the consoles.

Not much difference between the numbers barring Japan.

Again ... I love the spin. Lets deal with actual sales , not shipments which is a game for the the PR people . Actual sales of the Wii U are way behind those of the Wii 3 months after launch I think you'll find , maybe even the GameCube too

Activision Blizzard, NCSoft, Nexon and SEGA's major profits come from their PC division

Well lets just say that for Activision a huge part of their profits also come from  the consoles and games like COD (which sell better on the console ) and you know the likes of EA and Ubisoft are far bigger than the likes of Nexnon and most of their profits come from the consoles . And as for SEGA their console profits haven't been much over the past few years and most of their PC games don't even break a million.

Console games sell better than PC games for the main

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #164 on: July 30, 2014, 10:17:27 am »
It then became with systems like the DC and Xbox get PC like games without having the complications of a PC.

Seriously did you not play the consoles in the 90's ? . You may have missed them but Duke Nukem 3D, DOOM, Quake, Hexxen , Command and conquer  did come out on the likes of the Saturn and PS and the N64 was a brilliant machine for FPS's .

HALO did change a lot of things though granted

But without a Sega present to keep advancing new ideas in console tech, the current big three has to come up with something original...and that's the problem..they don't have anything new..and their market is starting to suffer for it. 

There's very little that the Saturn or DC did that wasn't done before in some shape or another. 

Sega has been doing this idea since the early noughties by either introducing connectivity between their latest arcade games and mobile games ala Dreamcast VMU or releasing older arcade games onto mobile like VIRTUA FIGHTER 2. 

The VMU was just a little rubbish and was hardly used in any way . One of SEGA's better idea's (that never made it out) was to link Arcade to the home users and where DC users would have been able to play people in the Arcades On-Line - Sadly that idea was cut from the likes of AFO and its a sad fact that SEGA was one of the last to get on the retro game, Namco was the 1st and then the likes of Midway and Capcom followed .

Sad fact is some of the SEGA best ever coin ups have still yet to be ported to the home in retro pack

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is