Author Topic: ATTN: Some Forum Accounts have been accidently deleted as of May 8th 2015  (Read 11282 times)

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
If you are finding you can't login, getting an error of some sort saying your username doesn't exist. That is probably because your username doesn't exist anymore.

A bunch of accounts got deleted and we don't know why yet. Rest assured we are looking into it.

So if you are affected by this, register again, you can use the same email you used on your old account since its been deleted from the database and won't be detected as a duplicate.

Once you get fully registered again, send me a PM with the username that showed up on your posts, and I'll get all your old posts hooked up to your new username.

We sincerely apologize for this trouble. Sorry for the inconvenience.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 09:08:06 pm by Happy Cat »

Offline Draikin

• Total Meseta: 0
Perhaps you already did, but I'd recommend changing all the passwords for the forum administrators.

Offline Happy Cat

I can tell you it's nothing to do with being hacked. It seems to be something to do with our anti-spam plugin. It's kinda hacked together because it hasn't been updated since 2011, so it seems to be a bit buggy. It somehow accidentally deleted some legit members when doing a spambot purge.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
How really legit were they tho. Spambots with a conscience.
SEG4GES

Offline Happy Cat

How really legit were they tho. Spambots with a conscience.

Quite a few legit members, including our very own Ben/nsega54. if you don't believe me just check his registration date.
http://segabits.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=6002

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
Is Ben back?

I feel like we should make a short post about this on the front page... People are going to think we've deleted them and not come back.
Made by SEGA

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Ben's been back for a while, but he has sort of been MIA from bits in general for the past 6 months or so.