Author Topic: Creative Assembly console game research thread.  (Read 15406 times)

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
Re: Creative Assembly console game research thread.
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2017, 10:43:29 am »
Ohhh, another thing they could do in multiplayer is have you work together to get the alien's attention. So the other player can poke around looking for things etc.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 11:56:39 am by Tad »

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2017, 12:13:10 am »
Ohhh, another thing they could do in multiplayer is have you work together to get the alien's attention. So the other player can poke around looking for things etc.

Sega needs to make a VR version, but I'm not for multi player at all . Multiplayer killed RE5 as a horror game and the big selling point of this game and what makes it so intense ; it's that it's just you and the Alien .
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2017, 04:39:09 am »
I'd love a VR version and I would love a multiplayer version of the side campaign/challenges.
Of course the main game should remain a tense singleplayer experience...

Still I'm more concerned that we'll never see another Alien Isolation again.
Made by SEGA

Offline Tad

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2017, 12:26:00 pm »
Suppose it depends on how well the first installment sold. I was under the impression it sold just "okay" so, if that's the case, I suspect they're a bit tentative towards making a sequel.

If they do decide to mind, despite how great AI1 is, I would like to see two changes made in the sequel. I hope they try not to make the story too long like the first one did. It is effectively a steal horror game and towards the end it did start to outstay it's welcome. Particularly around the androids attack area.

The second thing I'd like to see change is the persistency of the alien. I get it's hunting you down and it's great, but there was times where it simply wouldn't go away and it's constant presence made it impossible for you to complete an objective. It sometimes felt you had no other option but to reload and go at the objective from a different way.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 11:17:07 am by Tad »

Offline Sharky

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2017, 03:19:36 am »
I'm pretty sure it did over 2 million and has had good legs on Steam.
Made by SEGA

Offline Tad

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2017, 11:42:25 am »
Ah, okay. Unless they're still thinking of where to go with it, I see know reason why they shouldn't do it then.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2017, 11:59:41 am »
Ah, okay. Unless they're still thinking of where to go with it, I see know reason why they shouldn't do it then.

The issue is, I think SEGA had too high expectations. They wanted it to sell like an AAA FPS but it's a horror game and sold as such, and frankly people were burnt by Colonial Marines.
Made by SEGA

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2017, 05:12:55 am »
I'd love a VR version and I would love a multiplayer version of the side campaign/challenges.
Of course the main game should remain a tense singleplayer experience...

Still I'm more concerned that we'll never see another Alien Isolation again.

Sega would be nuts , the game sold in decent numbers , the game is made for VR and there's a new Alien film on the way (though that could be the issue)
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Tad

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2017, 11:54:56 am »
The issue is, I think SEGA had too high expectations. They wanted it to sell like an AAA FPS but it's a horror game and sold as such, and frankly people were burnt by Colonial Marines.

Ah, the blight of big publishers strikes again I suppose. It's an issue many publishers seem to have where they pick numbers out of the sky or "forecast" certain figures for their game, but are wondering why they don't get them afterwards.