Author Topic: Bayonetta 2 Discussion Mega Thread  (Read 273382 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
Re: Bayonetta 2 Discussion Mega Thread
« Reply #630 on: September 14, 2021, 12:02:09 am »
Bayonetta's Voice Actor Isn't So Sure About Her Future In The Role

Bayonetta 3 has been making headlines once again over the past week, and while PlatinumGames has said everything is fine on its end, there's a new development that's got some fans worried.
In an exchange on Twitter, the character's voice actor, Hellena Taylor, told one of her "lovely" followers that they might have to get used to the idea of Bayonetta without her "amazing" voice.

Article : https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/09/bayonettas_voice_actor_isnt_so_sure_about_her_future_in_the_role

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #631 on: September 14, 2021, 10:56:59 am »
Is Bayonetta even still "Sega"? I dunno anymore ever since her sequel was exclusive to the Wii U.

While I know she is technically PlatinumGames, her first game not only was published by Sega but had quite the few references which made me think she's a Sega girl at heart. But by the sequel no mention of Sega and DLCs of skimpy Super Mario outfits.

Offline Berto

« Reply #632 on: September 15, 2021, 12:15:29 am »
Is Bayonetta even still "Sega"? I dunno anymore ever since her sequel was exclusive to the Wii U.

While I know she is technically PlatinumGames, her first game not only was published by Sega but had quite the few references which made me think she's a Sega girl at heart. But by the sequel no mention of Sega and DLCs of skimpy Super Mario outfits.

What do you mean no mention of SEGA on the sequel?
When we play Bayonetta 2, the big SEGA logo is the first thing we look at.

Yes, she is still SEGA's franchise.
But most likely SEGA won't make any game of her without Platinum Games' involvement.
Just like SEGA won't make any Total War games without Creative Assembly's involvement or Football Manager games without Sports Interactive's involvement.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #633 on: September 15, 2021, 10:54:40 am »
What do you mean no mention of SEGA on the sequel?
When we play Bayonetta 2, the big SEGA logo is the first thing we look at.
I honestly forgot. Just seems Bayonetta 2 is so heavy on the Nintendo references that it made me question if she's still legit Sega.

Offline Berto

« Reply #634 on: September 23, 2021, 08:04:02 pm »
Bayonetta 3 finally shows off gameplay footage on Nintendo Direct
officially coming 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUAtX8Ox7eI

Bayonetta 3 is one of those games we have all been waiting for here at SEGAbits, we did a post about how Nintendo Japan had the game slated for release in 2022 and now Nintendo Direct’s latest presentation has confirmed it!
Plus we got a look at the game for the first time, which includes an all new designed Bayonetta. 

Article : http://segabits.com/blog/2021/09/23/bayonetta-3-finally-shows-off-gameplay-footage-on-nintendo-direct-officially-coming-2022/

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #635 on: September 23, 2021, 09:14:13 pm »
Love how she's just dancing while the giant monsters are fighting. Though curious what these new creatures are. They don't look heaven or hell.

And whoever's at the end is giving me Devil May Cry vibes, as in could be Nero with his fathers sword.

Offline Berto

« Reply #636 on: September 23, 2021, 09:39:49 pm »
Or could it be "Featuring Vergil from Devil May Cry"?

Or probably Bayo's long lost son?

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #637 on: September 23, 2021, 10:10:49 pm »
Or could it be "Featuring Vergil from Devil May Cry"?

Or probably Bayo's long lost son?
Would be funny the play off that DMC meme.

Offline Berto

« Reply #638 on: September 23, 2021, 11:57:23 pm »
A Message from Bayonetta 3 Executive Director Hideki Kamiya

Bayonetta’s look has been handled by someone you might call her personal designer, Mari Shimazaki.
This time Bayonetta dances into the fray looking more fashionable and elegant than ever.

Article : https://www.platinumgames.com/official-blog/article/11470

Offline Berto

« Reply #639 on: September 24, 2021, 12:03:30 am »
A Message from Bayonetta 3 Director Yusuke Miyata

We’re in the home stretch of development right now, working on making the core of the game even more fun and test playing nonstop.
As the culmination of this series loved by all of you, we’re giving our all to make it a masterpiece worth of the name Bayonetta so please wait and anticipate just a bit longer!

Article : https://www.platinumgames.com/official-blog/article/11466

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #640 on: September 24, 2021, 07:10:14 am »
I just hope it won't get covered in Nintendo DLCs again.

Or if it's inevitable, what about some Sega DLCs to balance it out? I bet Bayonetta would look fetching in a DLC costume based on Rouge.

Offline Berto

« Reply #641 on: September 25, 2021, 03:34:53 am »
I just hope it won't get covered in Nintendo DLCs again.

Or if it's inevitable, what about some Sega DLCs to balance it out? I bet Bayonetta would look fetching in a DLC costume based on Rouge.

Just like Streets of Rage 4 and WB Asha in Monster World, since basically SEGA didn't publish it, I think SEGA wouldn't add anything and let the publishers (Dotemu, Inin Games, Nintendo) handle it themself.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #642 on: September 25, 2021, 08:01:26 am »
Just like Streets of Rage 4 and WB Asha in Monster World, since basically SEGA didn't publish it, I think SEGA wouldn't add anything and let the publishers (Dotemu, Inin Games, Nintendo) handle it themself.
So likely all the Nintendo DLCs then.

Offline Berto

« Reply #643 on: September 28, 2021, 04:02:55 am »
Bayonetta creator tells “dumbass” fan to expect the character to get naked in video game sequel

Despite the charismatic witch’s promise, though, one fan wondered if Bayonetta devotees would really be getting everything they want.
You see, Bayonetta’s form-fitting fashions are actually made out of her magically charged hair, and as she applies those energies to other sorcerous skills, her outfit becomes more revealing.
The bigger the spell, the more hair it requires, and one fan took to Twitter to ask Bayonetta creator and producer Hideki Kamiya. 

Article : https://soranews24.com/2021/09/25/bayonetta-creator-tells-dumbass-fan-to-expect-the-character-to-get-naked-in-video-game-sequel/

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #644 on: September 28, 2021, 10:34:50 am »
Bayonetta creator tells “dumbass” fan to expect the character to get naked in video game sequel

Article : https://soranews24.com/2021/09/25/bayonetta-creator-tells-dumbass-fan-to-expect-the-character-to-get-naked-in-video-game-sequel/
Even I knew Bayonetta's costumes were made from her own hair... except in Bayonetta 2 I guess.