Author Topic: Sonic The Hedgehog - A Little Ball of Energy in an Extremely Handsome Package  (Read 431429 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
Re: Sonic The Hedgehog - A Little Ball of Energy in an Extremely Handsome Package
« Reply #540 on: September 23, 2021, 12:18:48 am »
DREAMS COME TRUE - ON THE GREEN HILL - DCT VERSION MUSIC VIDEO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeSx1G5u2oU

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: Sonic The Hedgehog - A Little Ball of Energy in an Extremely Handsome Package
« Reply #541 on: September 23, 2021, 12:03:58 pm »
I really like the cinematography they used for the first person "boost" sequence at the last minute of the video. I hope Sonic 2 has that quality camera work.

I hope someone will make an english cover of this video.

Offline Berto

« Reply #542 on: September 23, 2021, 08:19:39 pm »
Given how popular this song is ... I hope and believe there will be an english cover too someday.

Offline Berto

« Reply #543 on: September 23, 2021, 08:20:14 pm »
New Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack Membership lets you play N64 and SEGA Genesis games

The SEGA Genesis will launch with the following games:

– Castlevania: Bloodlines
– Contra Hard Corps
– Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine
– Ecco the Dolphin
– Golden Axe
– Gunstar Heroes
– MUSHA
– Phantasy Star IV
– Ristar
– Shining Force
– Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
– Sonic the Hedgehog 2
– Streets of Rage 2
– Strider 

Article : http://segabits.com/blog/2021/09/23/new-nintendo-switch-online-expansion-pack-membership-lets-you-play-n64-and-sega-genesis-games/

Offline Berto

« Reply #544 on: September 24, 2021, 04:03:31 am »
Sonic Colors: Ultimate - Colorful Worlds Spotlight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnEpi9CHS8k

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #545 on: September 24, 2021, 07:19:51 am »
Y'know, given it's an amusement park with Sonic rushing through all the platforms and death traps, I wonder what the visitor areas look like, y'know for the customers to his theme park.

Offline Berto

« Reply #546 on: September 25, 2021, 05:12:58 am »
Y'know, given it's an amusement park with Sonic rushing through all the platforms and death traps, I wonder what the visitor areas look like, y'know for the customers to his theme park.

Probably the one like Jet the Hawk, Mighty Armadillo, and also the whole gang of Chaotix.
The one who loves challenge.

Btw... in the DS version, almost all Sonic's friends came to the amusement park, not just Sonic and Tails.
IMO DS version has better story than Wii version.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #547 on: September 25, 2021, 08:05:41 am »
Probably the one like Jet the Hawk, Mighty Armadillo, and also the whole gang of Chaotix.
The one who loves challenge.

Btw... in the DS version, almost all Sonic's friends came to the amusement park, not just Sonic and Tails.
IMO DS version has better story than Wii version.

So active mobians I guess? Surely something for humans to enjoy.

Offline Berto

« Reply #548 on: September 26, 2021, 04:52:58 am »
So active mobians I guess? Surely something for humans to enjoy.

AFAIK there are no humans in sight other than Eggman, I wonder why.
Not just in Colors, but in IDW Comic series, Lost World, and Sonic Forces too. 

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #549 on: September 26, 2021, 08:25:10 am »
AFAIK there are no humans in sight other than Eggman, I wonder why.
Not just in Colors, but in IDW Comic series, Lost World, and Sonic Forces too.
Have you forgotten The Adventure, '06 and Unleashed games? Humans are present on Sonic's world. My fantheory/headcanon is that humans simply outpopulate mobians by a lot.

A long time a go, it was believed that Sonic games take place on an alien planet with Dr. Eggman as the only human. Japanese manuals never refered to it directly but western manuals called it Mobius. Over time the name Mobius caught on with the early cartoons at the time.

By Dreamcast, the established lore was thrown out for a revised lore saying Mobius was never a thing and that Sonic lives on Earth. However unlike our Earth, this Earth had different geography, advance human cultures, various phenomena and an eldritch Cthulian horror sleeping within the heart of the planet.
Since Dreamcast, this has caused somewhat of a division between how Sonic fans prefer their games, this division wouldn't be "propely labeled" until Sonic Generations introduce the eras. But it's mostly accepted that Sonic games have always taken place on an alternate paralell Earth different from ours.

At least, that was what was established up until Sonic Colours when in an interview Takashi Iizuka said that Sonic's world and Earth has always been seperate and various games either take place in one or the other.[*]
Given there is no evidence of Sonic going to and from seperate worlds, this caused a brand new rift in the fandom. One-worlders like me who believe/prefer it was always a single alternate Earth for Sonic games and Two-worlders who believed in the more classic Mobius and Earth being seperate thing.
One-Worlders like myself bring up lots of contradictions to this statement. If Sonic 3 & Knuckles takes place in Sonic's world and Sonic Adventure takes place on Earth, why is Angel Island present in both games? Why is the Mystic Ruins on Earth? Takashi Iizuka's excuse is "some miracle brought it there." I think eventually Ian Flynn confirmed that the two-world statement was redacted and that it has always been the one world for Sonic.

But there were some who took the two-world statement as figurative, I did. Like how the "Wizarding World" of Harry Potter. The Wizarding World is not a seperate planet from Earth where sorcery resides in. It's simply a term to refer to the hidden magical community of wizards and witches who live secret and seperate lives from non-magic people to the point it feels like separate worlds to them.
I like to believe that humans and mobians share the same planet which they call Earth. Humans outpopulate mobians which is why throughout Adventure, '06 and Unleashed we see humans everywhere but hardly any mobians other than Sonic and his friends. But I believe mobians simply prefer more secluded communities than humans, perhaps island-life such as the islands from the Classic-era of Sonic games.
This theory is somewhat supported in Sonic Forces where the World Map depicts a large island. This moves onto my second theory that this island is actually a modern take on South Island. My evidence:
  • Green Hill = Green Hill Zone
  • Mystic Jungle = Jungle Zone (and a bit of Labyrinth Zone)
  • City = Spring Yard Zone (The very least the city can be seen in the background, but both zones are urban zones that use warm colours.
  • Metropolis = Star Light Zone (I always thought Star Light Zone looked like a giant construction site. So I imagine Metropolis is the finished work of Star Light Zone and what it would look like during day time.)
  • Eggman Empire Fortress = Scrap Brain Zone (8-bit Sonic 1 shows Scrap Brain located on the highest mountain of South Island. And given MArble Zone shows the island to be volcanic means the mountain is likely a volcano. In Sonic Forces, Eggman's fortress is located on a volcano-like mountain on the World Map. So I am guessing Dr. Eggman turned what's left of Scrap Brain into his Empire Fortress.
And that pretty much covers about a third of my theories on the nature of Sonic's world.

Offline Berto

« Reply #550 on: September 26, 2021, 09:18:39 am »
I know, I grew up with Archie Comics and SA1/SA2 on Dreamcast too.
My first sentence is for Sonic Colors.
I just make a point that for recent trends (after Colors) SEGA tends to NOT include humans in their games / comic book.
Funny thing ... Mario Odyssey did the opposite.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 09:21:15 am by Berto »

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #551 on: September 26, 2021, 09:53:59 am »
I know, I grew up with Archie Comics and SA1/SA2 on Dreamcast too.
My first sentence is for Sonic Colors.
I just make a point that for recent trends (after Colors) SEGA tends to NOT include humans in their games / comic book.
Funny thing ... Mario Odyssey did the opposite.
I grew up on Sonic the Comic. But yeah that's my theories on how Sonic's world works. So I tihnk it's likely Dr. Eggman would of had humans in mind for his theme parks as well as mobians. Just has routes specifically for Sonic.

Offline Berto

« Reply #552 on: September 27, 2021, 09:44:55 pm »
Every road he made is always convenient for Sonic to pass by.  ::)

Offline Berto

« Reply #553 on: September 27, 2021, 09:45:17 pm »
Khinsider Has Removed 500+ Albums Related to Sega

"Segapocalypse!
Wave Master, the company that manages Sega's music, has contacted me and asked me to remove lots of albums related to Sega.
At the end of the day, over 500 albums were removed, including Sonic, OutRun, and others.
Unfortunately, this even included fan made compilation albums for games that have no commercial releases, which, quite frankly, makes absolutely no sense.
If you were wondering why some albums have disappeared on the site, this is why." 

Link : https://downloads.khinsider.com/

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #554 on: September 27, 2021, 10:55:37 pm »
Every road he made is always convenient for Sonic to pass by.  ::)
I believe Sonic takes the more dangerous routes on purpose though. MEanwhile Tails just potters about the amusement park. Given we don't play as him I pressume he visits the visitors areas.