Author Topic: Panzer Dragoon games  (Read 29299 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
Re: Panzer Dragoon games
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2021, 08:10:46 pm »
So... we're getting a Panzer Dragoon VR game or not?

Still unsure.
After deleting the tweet, the twitter account never post anything or answering any question again.
May be the twitter guy are playing safe now,
doesn't want to make the same mistake again
(or might have been fired already).

My guess it's probably really cancelled,
but the reason wasn't because of that.

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2021, 10:00:30 pm »
It suck if it was canceled. It was the one thing I asked for on the Panzer Dragoon Steam discussion.

But given I'm more experianced with VR now, it's probably for the best if it was canceled. While I believe most games can be made for VR, the reason some are not is because their video game company's health and safety department advises them against it if the game in VR may cause severe motion sickness or seizures. And well, flying on the back of a dragon in VR would require a stomach of steel.

Offline Berto

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2021, 05:35:05 am »
It suck if it was canceled. It was the one thing I asked for on the Panzer Dragoon Steam discussion.

But given I'm more experianced with VR now, it's probably for the best if it was canceled. While I believe most games can be made for VR, the reason some are not is because their video game company's health and safety department advises them against it if the game in VR may cause severe motion sickness or seizures. And well, flying on the back of a dragon in VR would require a stomach of steel.

Other theory that probably the game was tested by SEGA and rejected by SEGA, then SEGA ended their contract.
Even Sega's own VR headset in the early 1990s was canceled by themself due to "hazards of prolonged use" possibility.
So this could be the same case too.

Offline Berto

« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2021, 05:35:53 am »
Cotton Guardian Force Saturn Tribute on Nintendo Switch features fully working SEGA Saturn emulator

City Connection just recently released Cotton Guardian Force Saturn Tribute that compiled Cotton 2, Cotton Boomerang and Guardian Force on a single cartridge.
The game was, well, not well received due to the emulation being used having input lag, making the games hard to play.
The story would have ended there but, GBATemp user Iisreal2301 figured out a way to load his own SEGA Saturn images onto the game file, basically allowing you to boot up any SEGA Saturn game by tricking the system into thinking its loading a Cotton game!

Article : http://segabits.com/blog/2021/10/09/cotton-guardian-force-saturn-tribute-on-nintendo-switch-features-fully-working-sega-saturn-emulator/

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2021, 04:31:50 pm »
Other theory that probably the game was tested by SEGA and rejected by SEGA, then SEGA ended their contract.
Even Sega's own VR headset in the early 1990s was canceled by themself due to "hazards of prolonged use" possibility.
So this could be the same case too.
Possibly, but the audience view on VR has changed a lot since then and I think Sega could profit of VR if they do it right. For example my suggestions for Sega VR games are Illbleed, Rise of Nightmares, re-release of the 3-D games and a Sega Superstars game for VR.

But as you recall I already talked about that before.

Offline Berto

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2021, 09:13:33 pm »
Possibly, but the audience view on VR has changed a lot since then and I think Sega could profit of VR if they do it right. For example my suggestions for Sega VR games are Illbleed, Rise of Nightmares, re-release of the 3-D games and a Sega Superstars game for VR.

But as you recall I already talked about that before.

Yep. And I'm still hoping for VR Space Harrier too.
Even Yu Suzuki thinks Space Harrier VR would be a fun game.

Something like this probably, but I'd prefer if it's with pixels (but that's just asking too much) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdQ0UpYt02c

Offline Berto

« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2021, 09:15:00 pm »
For limited time Panzer Dragoon: Remake (Switch) can be purchased at 75% OFF the original price.
Discount Price :  $6.24 (was $24.99)
Sale ends November 25, 2021.

Link : https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/panzer-dragoon-remake-switch/

Offline Berto

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2022, 12:12:10 am »
How SEGA Lost 'The Greatest Game Of All-Time'

Saga was as highly praised as FFVII, but most players didn't get to experience it because only a few thousand copies were ever available in the West, as the game only came out when the Saturn had already been pronounced dead.
Saga didn't miss; it's just that very few people got to see the hit.
Over two decades of being touted as a lost treasure have slowly turned Panzer Dragoon Saga into one of the most desired HD remasters; too bad no one seems to know where the goddamn source code is, making that highly unlikely.

Article : https://www.cracked.com/article_32849_how-sega-lost-the-greatest-game-of-all-time.html

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2022, 01:42:58 pm »
Yep. And I'm still hoping for VR Space Harrier too.
Even Yu Suzuki thinks Space Harrier VR would be a fun game.

Something like this probably, but I'd prefer if it's with pixels (but that's just asking too much) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdQ0UpYt02c
I can imagine it happening. I just wish I can do more progress on my Puyo fan game as proof of concept for Sega VR games.
If I knew how, I'd convert Rise of Nightmares to PC VR. I mean I doubt there would be much hype for it as much as Project '06 but still I wish someone else would give these suggestions of mine a chance if I can't do them.
How SEGA Lost 'The Greatest Game Of All-Time'

Article : https://www.cracked.com/article_32849_how-sega-lost-the-greatest-game-of-all-time.html
Even i didn't know about PDS until years later. Seems hard to believe it could rival FF7 at the time if it were not for it's circumstances.

Offline Berto

« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2022, 07:03:48 pm »
I can imagine it happening. I just wish I can do more progress on my Puyo fan game as proof of concept for Sega VR games.
If I knew how, I'd convert Rise of Nightmares to PC VR. I mean I doubt there would be much hype for it as much as Project '06 but still I wish someone else would give these suggestions of mine a chance if I can't do them.

Did SEGA ever make modern VR game by themself?
Even Space Channel 5 VR and Rez Infinite VR were made by other company, right?

Even i didn't know about PDS until years later. Seems hard to believe it could rival FF7 at the time if it were not for it's circumstances.

In Japan it's still a success. But that's because Saturn was gaining much more love than Mega Drive in Japan, by a lot, unlike rest of the world.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2022, 09:24:39 am »
Did SEGA ever make modern VR game by themself?
Even Space Channel 5 VR and Rez Infinite VR were made by other company, right?
The closest I can think of that Sega got to VR would be games for the 3-D glasses. That and maybe whatevers left over from the scrapped Sega VR which I doubt Sega will ever bring up in the future.
In Japan it's still a success. But that's because Saturn was gaining much more love than Mega Drive in Japan, by a lot, unlike rest of the world.
It's kind of understandable why the Saturn never got that popular in the west... well lots of factors why really (Screw you Sony and your 299!).
But one of the factors was most regarded it as a console for Sega's arcade games and rarely ever for it's original or third-party content. But the console still had good original content and even third-party content which (I would say) give PlayStation a run for it's money.

But sadly Sega pretty much peaked after the Mega Drive and somewhat floundered afterwards. They had a bit of wind during the Dreamcast but that was that for Sega's consoles. I know Sega are better off as software developers now with multiple platforms for their games but I would of still like to see Sega recover and continue the console business if they could. Really give Nintendo and Sony what for. But you already know how I feel about that.

Offline Berto

« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2022, 09:46:24 pm »
The closest I can think of that Sega got to VR would be games for the 3-D glasses. That and maybe whatevers left over from the scrapped Sega VR which I doubt Sega will ever bring up in the future.

Guess it's really very small chance for SEGA to make VR games on their own now.

It's kind of understandable why the Saturn never got that popular in the west... well lots of factors why really (Screw you Sony and your 299!).
But one of the factors was most regarded it as a console for Sega's arcade games and rarely ever for it's original or third-party content. But the console still had good original content and even third-party content which (I would say) give PlayStation a run for it's money.

But sadly Sega pretty much peaked after the Mega Drive and somewhat floundered afterwards. They had a bit of wind during the Dreamcast but that was that for Sega's consoles. I know Sega are better off as software developers now with multiple platforms for their games but I would of still like to see Sega recover and continue the console business if they could. Really give Nintendo and Sony what for. But you already know how I feel about that.

That 299 was a genius move from Steve Race.
But Sony of Japan was so ungrateful and always had constant disputes with him over the PlayStation's promotion and marketing.
He even quit from Sony one month before the PlayStation's launch in the US.

For Saturn, the absence of some big third-party supports (Square, Namco, Enix) hurts too...
Final Fantasy VII was a Saturn killer in Japan.
I know they got Namco support again on Dreamcast so at least they're aware of this.
But then they lost EA's support.
If SEGA enter the console business again, I'm sure they're gonna face this problem again.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2022, 12:09:53 pm »
Guess it's really very small chance for SEGA to make VR games on their own now.
Not necessarily. One thing I liked about Sega was their interest in new and experimental technology. Sega Superstars for example was to see what games they could make with the EyeToy. And while Sonic Free Riders and Rise of Nightmares were bad Kinect games, you can't discredit Sega for not giving the Kinect a go. Even the Sonic Storybook games were Sega experimenting with the Wii's controls which were new and innovative at the time.
This is why I believe Sega should consider a "Sega Superstars VR" game. The Puyo Puyo game I'm making could simply be one of many games they could have to it.
Another idea for SSVR would be 3-D games collection. These Master System games are either emulated or remade to treat the players VR headset like the 3-D Glasses would work (I mean I think the original 3-D glass flickered from one eye to another and I'm thinking just have the 3-D games projected seperately on each eye. Y'know, to not cause seizures or whatever.)
Other than original games and Master Systems 3-D games, I would also include demos of existing Sega games as proof of concept. For example Rise of Nightmares had terrible Kinect controls but perhaps if remake into a VR game it would be more favourable.

It all comes down to whenever Sega are inspired and willing to make experimentation games like they did with EyeToy and Kinect.
That 299 was a genius move from Steve Race.
But Sony of Japan was so ungrateful and always had constant disputes with him over the PlayStation's promotion and marketing.
He even quit from Sony one month before the PlayStation's launch in the US.

For Saturn, the absence of some big third-party supports (Square, Namco, Enix) hurts too...
Final Fantasy VII was a Saturn killer in Japan.
I know they got Namco support again on Dreamcast so at least they're aware of this.
But then they lost EA's support.
If SEGA enter the console business again, I'm sure they're gonna face this problem again.
Yeah, I'm not saying they should go back into the console business. I'm just curious what Sega consoles we would have today if they did. Fans of Nintendo, Sony or Microsoft games could take pride owning the latest console from their favourate brand, like having a tiny shrine for your favourate corporation. Sega no longer has that luxury.

Still I believe if Sega ever did decide to return to making home machines, their best bet would be making small form factor gaming PCs.
For example, VALVe's Steam Machine.
VALVe aren't foolish enough to make their service of their games exclusive to a console given the majority of their market is PC. But they could still market a console-like computer that's ideal for their services and with an operating system for it.
This doesn't mean Sega will have to pull out of Steam or other onlne gaming services that provide their products but they could start their own for the console.

But all this would perhaps be too expensive or elaborate for Sega to pull off just to get consoles back in peoples homes. Though not as expensive as making a brand new console exclusively for Sega's future games.

Offline Berto

« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2022, 07:22:48 pm »
Not necessarily. One thing I liked about Sega was their interest in new and experimental technology. Sega Superstars for example was to see what games they could make with the EyeToy. And while Sonic Free Riders and Rise of Nightmares were bad Kinect games, you can't discredit Sega for not giving the Kinect a go. Even the Sonic Storybook games were Sega experimenting with the Wii's controls which were new and innovative at the time.
This is why I believe Sega should consider a "Sega Superstars VR" game. The Puyo Puyo game I'm making could simply be one of many games they could have to it.
Another idea for SSVR would be 3-D games collection. These Master System games are either emulated or remade to treat the players VR headset like the 3-D Glasses would work (I mean I think the original 3-D glass flickered from one eye to another and I'm thinking just have the 3-D games projected seperately on each eye. Y'know, to not cause seizures or whatever.)

Master System 3D Games Collection are already available as bonuses on Sega 3D Fukkoku Archives 1-3 (3DS).
Maze Walker,  Fantasy Zone 3D, Fantasy Zone 2 3D, Space Harrier 3D, and Outrun 3D.

Also 3D version of Girl’s Garden (the first game Yuji Naka worked on) and Champion Boxing (the first game coded by Yu Suzuki).

All of these games really looks amazing on 3DS.
But they were ported by the talented M2, and I don't think SEGA would do it again without M2.
And M2 is already busy for the nest two years with their shmup series.

Other than original games and Master Systems 3-D games, I would also include demos of existing Sega games as proof of concept. For example Rise of Nightmares had terrible Kinect controls but perhaps if remake into a VR game it would be more favourable.

I kinda forgot that game exist, but yes, it would be cool indeed in VR version.

It all comes down to whenever Sega are inspired and willing to make experimentation games like they did with EyeToy and Kinect.Yeah, I'm not saying they should go back into the console business. I'm just curious what Sega consoles we would have today if they did. Fans of Nintendo, Sony or Microsoft games could take pride owning the latest console from their favourate brand, like having a tiny shrine for your favourate corporation. Sega no longer has that luxury.

Still I believe if Sega ever did decide to return to making home machines, their best bet would be making small form factor gaming PCs.
For example, VALVe's Steam Machine.
VALVe aren't foolish enough to make their service of their games exclusive to a console given the majority of their market is PC. But they could still market a console-like computer that's ideal for their services and with an operating system for it.
This doesn't mean Sega will have to pull out of Steam or other onlne gaming services that provide their products but they could start their own for the console.

But all this would perhaps be too expensive or elaborate for Sega to pull off just to get consoles back in peoples homes. Though not as expensive as making a brand new console exclusively for Sega's future games.

I think the problem is not just because of will it be expensive or not, but will it bring SEGA's profit or bring them loses, or worst case bring doom like Dreamcast back then.
I'd rather they stay safe and alive than taking that huge kind of risk.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2022, 11:58:28 am »
Master System 3D Games Collection are already available as bonuses on Sega 3D Fukkoku Archives 1-3 (3DS).
Maze Walker,  Fantasy Zone 3D, Fantasy Zone 2 3D, Space Harrier 3D, and Outrun 3D.

Also 3D version of Girl’s Garden (the first game Yuji Naka worked on) and Champion Boxing (the first game coded by Yu Suzuki).

All of these games really looks amazing on 3DS.
But they were ported by the talented M2, and I don't think SEGA would do it again without M2.
And M2 is already busy for the nest two years with their shmup series.
I can't recall if I have that game for N3DS or not, but I know I never played the 3-D games. I want to, but I can't. I know you can get the 3-D games emulated online but what's the point if they don't work with VR?
I kinda forgot that game exist, but yes, it would be cool indeed in VR version.
I'm pretty sure Rise of Nightmares, along with Sonic Free Riders, was mostly just a proof of concept or experimental games with the Kinect. I mean RoN had a somewhat decent horror story but it was still rather cheesy horror with hammy acting. It wasn't all that a bad game but it's confines to the Kinect made it both bad and all the more forgettable. But I believe if remade for virtual reality with revised gameplay then the worth of the game may shne through more. But I doubt Sega would ever be interested in finding out if RoN would be good in VR because they simply deem it a failed game.

I mean heck, the Sonic Riders series was their most popular Sonic racing games, yet they put a bullet in it because of Sonic Free Riders, which was just an experimental Kinect game. I'd much rather have Team Sonic Racing on hoverboards than sloppy-seconds from the All-Star racing games.
I think the problem is not just because of will it be expensive or not, but will it bring SEGA's profit or bring them loses, or worst case bring doom like Dreamcast back then.
I'd rather they stay safe and alive than taking that huge kind of risk.
I agree. I mean not even the Steam Machine has that much buzz, you'd think it would. Sega fans would perhaps regard Sega's gaming PC as the sixth Sega console but I doubt it would have as much attention as Dreamcast had starting out. And even if mass producing such PCs would be cheaper it would still probably be too costly for sega's part.

I just wanna see what new console they would come up with. Especially for Sega Hard Girls.