Author Topic: Phantasy Star - Official Thread  (Read 206067 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
Re: Phantasy Star - Official Thread
« Reply #885 on: August 10, 2022, 09:30:13 pm »
PSO2 Comic CENTRAL! Episode 44: The Main Attraction of Summer

Link : https://pso2.com/players/community/comic/central/44/

The Long Awaited PSO2 Web Comic: CENTRAL Summer Illustration is Finally Here!

Source : https://pso2.com/players/community/comic/central/summer2022/
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 04:12:05 am by Berto »

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #886 on: August 11, 2022, 04:07:53 am »
I think PSO2 need a novel or a serious comic.
So that when the writers do research and ask SEGA, SEGA had to provide them with deep explanation.
It's happened before with Sakura Wars and Valkyria Chronicles.
I agree. PSO2 is sega's leading, most popular MMORPG. I've played budget indie MMORPGs that have more fleshed out lore than PSO2.

When I first played the story mode of PSO2 I couldn't help but think who was in charge of ARKs? Was there a leader on top? Did ARKs had structure? Yes there was the Council of Six but they gave me the impression they were simply elite ARKs operatives than of any official authority and it wasn't until Episode 3 when ARKs established it's structure.

But it made me question how ARKs worked all this time. ARKs operatives are trained but who pays for the training? We recieve missions from the quest counter but who gives the Quest Counter Clarks the missions? I understand Xion was at the heart of it all but most of ARKs didn't even know about her. And her brother Xiao only took charge not long after her passing.

Just so many questions how ARKs even functions. It seems to be mostly consist of specially trained mercenaries, private-owned mercenaries if you consider ARKs more of a business than a military.

Offline Berto

« Reply #887 on: August 11, 2022, 09:28:10 pm »
I agree. PSO2 is sega's leading, most popular MMORPG. I've played budget indie MMORPGs that have more fleshed out lore than PSO2.

When I first played the story mode of PSO2 I couldn't help but think who was in charge of ARKs? Was there a leader on top? Did ARKs had structure? Yes there was the Council of Six but they gave me the impression they were simply elite ARKs operatives than of any official authority and it wasn't until Episode 3 when ARKs established it's structure.

But it made me question how ARKs worked all this time. ARKs operatives are trained but who pays for the training? We recieve missions from the quest counter but who gives the Quest Counter Clarks the missions? I understand Xion was at the heart of it all but most of ARKs didn't even know about her. And her brother Xiao only took charge not long after her passing.

Just so many questions how ARKs even functions. It seems to be mostly consist of specially trained mercenaries, private-owned mercenaries if you consider ARKs more of a business than a military.

Yeah, in the fantasy anime / manga, some trainings and missions are provided by the empire / kingdom.
The empire have the money from the taxes.
But ARKS? Do they even got money from taxes?

Offline Berto

« Reply #888 on: August 11, 2022, 10:28:14 pm »
More Mega Drive Mini 2 titles revealed,
including Phantasy Star II with Easy Mode & both Ecco MEGA CD games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLDQ6qtZUT0

Ecco the Dolphin 💿
Ecco the Dolphin: Tides of Time 💿
Gain Ground
Sorcerian MD
Phantasy Star II (+easy mode)
Tougi-ou King Colossus
Populous
Sangokushi III / Romance of Three Kingdoms III
Sangokushi III (💿 version)
Tenka Fubu: Eiyuutachi no Houkou 💿
Dennin Aleste 💿
Robo Aleste
Shin Megami Tensei💿
+Viewpoint

Article : http://segabits.com/blog/2022/08/11/more-mega-drive-mini-2-titles-revealed-including-both-ecco-mega-cd-games/
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 12:42:59 am by Berto »

Offline Berto

« Reply #889 on: August 12, 2022, 12:40:46 am »
Yoshibon's artwork celebrating the PSII announcement for the Mini 2.

Before in 2019 :

Translation :

2019 pic
Fal: Big sis, is it really ok for me to go?
Nei: It's fine, it's fine, go ahead!

2022 pic
Nei: All right! It's my turn!
Fal: Big sis, hooray!

Note : Yoshibon is the character designer for PSII and PSIV.

Source : https://twitter.com/yoshibon_club/status/1557720689708511233
« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 01:31:05 am by Berto »

Offline Berto

« Reply #890 on: August 12, 2022, 12:44:25 am »
Summer, summer, summertime~ ☀️

Summer, summer, summertime~ ☀️
Time to sit back and rewind! 🏖️

Beachwear and all kinds of favorites return in the AC Scratch Tickets: 'Seaside Memories' and 'Rewind Collection 3'! 🎉💫✨
Both are live in PSO2 NGS now!! 🐤

Source : https://www.facebook.com/PSO2Official/

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #891 on: August 13, 2022, 06:33:42 am »
Yeah, in the fantasy anime / manga, some trainings and missions are provided by the empire / kingdom.
The empire have the money from the taxes.
But ARKS? Do they even got money from taxes?
ARKS didn't even have an empire/kingdom funding them, unless you count the mother ship Oracle which given these ships are big enough to hold cities with citizens means there could of been some government managing ARKS but we just never see them, or if they did exist let ARKS manage itself entirely. They seemed like an independent military faction.

I know for Sega it be kind of knocking off Star Trek to base it's structure on the Federation or Star Wars to have something like a senate amongst ARKS and the civilizations on the planets in the game, but at least it would add some structure to the lore.

I can imagine Ulku or Casra negotiating with the Draconians and the Lillipans for alliance and maybe colonization, with Aki and Fourie as ARKS ambassadors given their time with the locals.

Offline Berto

« Reply #892 on: August 14, 2022, 09:29:55 pm »
ARKS didn't even have an empire/kingdom funding them, unless you count the mother ship Oracle which given these ships are big enough to hold cities with citizens means there could of been some government managing ARKS but we just never see them, or if they did exist let ARKS manage itself entirely. They seemed like an independent military faction.

I know for Sega it be kind of knocking off Star Trek to base it's structure on the Federation or Star Wars to have something like a senate amongst ARKS and the civilizations on the planets in the game, but at least it would add some structure to the lore.

I can imagine Ulku or Casra negotiating with the Draconians and the Lillipans for alliance and maybe colonization, with Aki and Fourie as ARKS ambassadors given their time with the locals.

I won't be surprised if some elements in PSO2 were inspired by Star Trek.
The original Phantasy Star tetralogy's setting was a fusion between medieval fantasy and science fiction, inspired by Star Wars.
Still curious about the funding though.

Offline Berto

« Reply #893 on: August 14, 2022, 09:53:24 pm »
Idola Phantasy Star Saga - Last Idola Battle Missions are Now Available!
Missions ended on 2022/08/21 (The Final Day)

Idola Battle Missions :

1. Generate 2 Idola(s)
2. Generate 4 Idola(s)
3. Generate 6 Idola(s)
4. Your Idolas defeat 200 players
5. Challenge rare Idolas 3 times
6. Challenge Idola of Wind Element 1 time
7. Challenge Fire of Wind Element 1 time
8. Challenge Water of Wind Element 1 time
9. Challenge Earth of Wind Element 1 time
10. Challenge Idolas 20 time(s)

Link : http://idola.boltrend.com/en

Offline Berto

« Reply #894 on: August 15, 2022, 12:30:03 am »
Isknu's artwork celebrating the PSII announcement for the Mini 2.

Source : https://twitter.com/isknu/status/1558154271547588608
« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 01:20:12 am by Berto »

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #895 on: August 15, 2022, 05:36:57 am »
I won't be surprised if some elements in PSO2 were inspired by Star Trek.
The original Phantasy Star tetralogy's setting was a fusion between medieval fantasy and science fiction, inspired by Star Wars.
Still curious about the funding though.
I think PSO=PSO2 ARKs was inspired by the Jedi Order.
  • Most starting weapons in PSO2 seem to generate solid, lethal light, just like lightsbers.
  • "Photons" being a connecting force throughout the universe with ARKS operatives using it for attacks, just like the Force.
  • While Jedi are mostly lawful-good while ARKS operatives range on the Lawful-chaotic attribute, ARKS operatives are still a morally good faction, follow a set of principals and while may not look it, is actually an ancient order. Just like the Jedi Order.
  • Dark Falz were individuals turned evil by a corruption in the photon, just like the Sith and the Dark Side of the Force.
I'm afraid I dunno much about Star Wars, but I imagine the Jedi Order still had an "order" to it's monastic religious order. There was a Jedi High Council that worked with the Galactic Senate to ensure peace and protection for all across the universe.

The "Council of Six" as they were called had the title of council but early episodes in PSO2 mostly regarded them as elite ARKS operatives than an official council. Other ARKS operatives give them respect and authority because they were renowned during the first war against Dark Falz before the events of the game. They probably took charge over ARKS because "no one else did", but it doesn't seem on anyone else authority they were allowed to do so. It wasn't until Xion took over when ARKS was given some recognizable structure.

Offline Berto

« Reply #896 on: August 15, 2022, 09:08:56 pm »
I think PSO=PSO2 ARKs was inspired by the Jedi Order.
  • Most starting weapons in PSO2 seem to generate solid, lethal light, just like lightsbers.
  • "Photons" being a connecting force throughout the universe with ARKS operatives using it for attacks, just like the Force.
  • While Jedi are mostly lawful-good while ARKS operatives range on the Lawful-chaotic attribute, ARKS operatives are still a morally good faction, follow a set of principals and while may not look it, is actually an ancient order. Just like the Jedi Order.
  • Dark Falz were individuals turned evil by a corruption in the photon, just like the Sith and the Dark Side of the Force.
I'm afraid I dunno much about Star Wars, but I imagine the Jedi Order still had an "order" to it's monastic religious order. There was a Jedi High Council that worked with the Galactic Senate to ensure peace and protection for all across the universe.

The "Council of Six" as they were called had the title of council but early episodes in PSO2 mostly regarded them as elite ARKS operatives than an official council. Other ARKS operatives give them respect and authority because they were renowned during the first war against Dark Falz before the events of the game. They probably took charge over ARKS because "no one else did", but it doesn't seem on anyone else authority they were allowed to do so. It wasn't until Xion took over when ARKS was given some recognizable structure.

So many similarities !!!
Lilipan also reminds me of Chewbacca.

Could we say that PSO2 is basically Japan's Star Wars?

Offline Berto

« Reply #897 on: August 16, 2022, 03:20:49 am »
Idola Phantasy Star Saga Global - "Qurula" Chance Up Gacha is Back

Qurula is a scientist of the Principality Canseed and a Gemini Zodiart.
A scientific genius despite questionable character and behaviors.
Having an uncaring female personality "Alpha" and a mild male personality "Beta" both of which live in a body of a mad scientist.

Link : http://idola.boltrend.com/en
« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 01:19:36 am by Berto »

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #898 on: August 16, 2022, 11:57:26 am »
So many similarities !!!
Lilipan also reminds me of Chewbacca.

Could we say that PSO2 is basically Japan's Star Wars?
Lillipans are more like those little bear-like aliens, I forgot what they were called.

But as far as I'm aware PSO2 is Japan's leading MMORPG so yeah, you could say it is.

Still baffles me how a game with less fleshed-out lore than World of Warcraft is regarded this popular... though then again Japan is bigger than Britain.

Offline Berto

« Reply #899 on: August 17, 2022, 10:01:14 pm »
Lillipans are more like those little bear-like aliens, I forgot what they were called.

Ahh.. You're right. Ewok. I forgot about them.

But as far as I'm aware PSO2 is Japan's leading MMORPG so yeah, you could say it is.

Still baffles me how a game with less fleshed-out lore than World of Warcraft is regarded this popular... though then again Japan is bigger than Britain.

In my country's eyes, both are big since both Britain and Japan have invaded  my country back then.
The difference is most British (and also Dutch & Portuguese) knew and admitted that history while most Japanese youngster didn't even know their past militarists' cruelty to Indonesia.
History is being taught at Japanese junior high school but WW2 or later is the last part of history course where students are already busy for examination of high school.