Author Topic: Streets of Rage - Only Trust Your Fist !!!  (Read 60067 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
Re: Streets of Rage - Only Trust Your Fist !!!
« Reply #75 on: August 19, 2021, 03:03:48 am »
Interview: VGM Composer Tee Lopes Talks about Sonic, Streets Of Rage, etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQFXa5YeZHw

"When I joined the SOR4 project, Olivier Deriviere and the other composers involved had already taken liberties that redefined SOR music, using more modern and even acoustic elements which were impossible to recreate on a Sega Genesis, so I continued further down that path by adding even more outlandish features; heavy metal, trap, dub, jungle and other elements we hadn’t heard in a Streets of Rage game before.
I took lots of inspiration from classic SOR music, but also from old movies, modern music and pop culture media."

Article : https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/08/feature_tee_lopes_talks_sonic_streets_of_rage_and_making_music_on_a_ps1

Offline Berto

« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2021, 12:11:00 am »
Streets of Rage 2 Level Editor

Edit Streets of Rage 2 enemies and goodies spawning data, including positioning, health, score, etc.
Editing the type of enemies on vanilla Streets of Rage 2 require additional work.
However, using the Streets of Rage 2 Syndicate Wars ROM hack, or derived hacks, all types of characters can be spawned. This utility also provide enemy spawns randomization.
Requires Java.

Link : https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/1634/

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #77 on: September 02, 2021, 04:45:03 am »
Wonder if it does Golden Axe?

Offline Berto

« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2021, 01:15:00 am »
Wonder if it does Golden Axe?

This one's specifically for SOR.
Level editor for Golden Axe, I've never seen one.
Not for Genesis version at least.
Only for Master System version :

Offline Berto

« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2021, 01:16:05 am »
"Unlocking Roo Kangaroo" SOR3 cheat code also works in Streets of Rage 4

Ever dreamed of cleaning up the streets of Wood Oak City as a kangaroo?
SEGA can make those dreams come true!
Just hold Up and B while pressing Start on Streets of Rage 3’s title screen to add Roo to the character select!

And...............
The cat is out of the kangaroo pocket !!!
In case you didn’t know, that 1994 SOR3 cheat code also works in Streets of Rage 4 with Mr X Nightmare in order to unlock SoR3 Roo!

Source : https://twitter.com/SEGAForever/status/1433552978569424943

Offline Berto

« Reply #80 on: September 05, 2021, 01:17:40 am »
Official art of Roo Kangaroo for Streets of Rage 4

Source : https://twitter.com/lizardcube/status/1433549656529702914

Offline ridoskon

« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2021, 12:27:21 pm »
Everyone played these games in childhood.

Offline Berto

« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2021, 09:15:16 pm »
Everyone played these games in childhood.

Yes. SOR franchises is definitely one of the must have for Genesis / Mega Drive.
Sonic, Shinobi, and Phantasy Star games too.

Offline jobruilan

« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2021, 01:53:45 am »
For the current generation of children, Cs Go will be a game of childhood. Personally, I've been playing this game for over 9 years (I'm 27 now). In all my playing time, I have met many people from all over the globe. The youngest was 12 years old. Despite his age, he talked like an adult. We played together with him for a very long time. And for his birthday, I gave him some cool skins from here https://skincashier.com/blog/best-ak47-csgo-skins. His mom didn't want to give him money for it, so I fulfilled his dream.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 10:01:24 am by jobruilan »

Offline Berto

« Reply #84 on: September 08, 2021, 02:39:00 am »
For the current generation of children, Cs Go will be a game of childhood.

True. And for next generation, may be Roblox and Fortnite will be their childhood game.
I'm fine with that.
Time changes. People changes.
The only thing that doesn't change is change itself.

My hope is juts everybody can appreciate other's culture, genres, or memories.
Releasing a sequel of franchises that's untouched for years or collaboration between two franchises (which one of them was almost forgotten) was one of those acts.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #85 on: September 08, 2021, 11:04:12 am »
True. And for next generation, may be Roblox and Fortnite will be their childhood game.
I'm fine with that.
Time changes. People changes.
The only thing that doesn't change is change itself.

My hope is juts everybody can appreciate other's culture, genres, or memories.
Releasing a sequel of franchises that's untouched for years or collaboration between two franchises (which one of them was almost forgotten) was one of those acts.
Hard to believe Roblox or Fortnite will be someones nostalgia someday.

Offline Berto

« Reply #86 on: September 08, 2021, 08:58:22 pm »
Hard to believe Roblox or Fortnite will be someones nostalgia someday.

It's not just about the game, it's more about how the game made you feel back then.
Especially if the game is played with your friends or families.
My kids are always playing Roblox together during pandemic since they can't go to their friend's house, I'm sure that would leave some memories for them.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #87 on: September 08, 2021, 10:12:06 pm »
It's not just about the game, it's more about how the game made you feel back then.
Especially if the game is played with your friends or families.
My kids are always playing Roblox together during pandemic since they can't go to their friend's house, I'm sure that would leave some memories for them.
That's true. Though crious fif you're raising your kids "Sega" or not. Not that a parent should force their kids to like what they like or not. I just pity to think a generation skipping out on "why" we like it than they have to.

Offline Berto

« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2021, 12:55:39 am »
That's true. Though crious fif you're raising your kids "Sega" or not. Not that a parent should force their kids to like what they like or not. I just pity to think a generation skipping out on "why" we like it than they have to.

My kids know I love SEGA since all of my game collection mostly have SEGA logo at it.
Still I'm glad they at least love Sonic eventhough they're not interested in Space Harrier, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, or Phantasy Star.
My older kid could even beat Sonic Mania and Sonic CD in single sitting back then while he's still 7 years old.
He beats Sonic Mega Drive tetralogies too, but using save states, unlike those two games I mentioned.
My younger kid prefer his 3D games, mainly Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, and Sonic Lost World.

They're used to be console / handheld gamer until pandemic strikes when they have to be in front of PC for school.
They then tried many games on PC and fell in love with Minecraft and Roblox.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #89 on: September 09, 2021, 09:24:24 am »
My kids know I love SEGA since all of my game collection mostly have SEGA logo at it.
Still I'm glad they at least love Sonic eventhough they're not interested in Space Harrier, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, or Phantasy Star.
My older kid could even beat Sonic Mania and Sonic CD in single sitting back then while he's still 7 years old.
He beats Sonic Mega Drive tetralogies too, but using save states, unlike those two games I mentioned.
My younger kid prefer his 3D games, mainly Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, and Sonic Lost World.

They're used to be console / handheld gamer until pandemic strikes when they have to be in front of PC for school.
They then tried many games on PC and fell in love with Minecraft and Roblox.
Yeah the pandemic was a big boom for PC gaming. And it's understandable children are more into the newer stuff than the old stuff we grtew up with... But if I was a Dad I'd still encourage them to "give the old things" a try than let them watch whatever because it shuts them up.

PowerPuff Girls and Teen Titans come to mind... though at this point Teen Titans Go! lasted longer than the original series, which is depressing.