Author Topic: Phantasy Star - Official Thread  (Read 206041 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
Re: Phantasy Star - Official Thread
« Reply #870 on: August 08, 2022, 04:41:50 am »
Idola Phantasy Star Saga - New Idola Battle Missions are Now Available!
Missions ended on 2022/08/14

Idola Battle Missions :

1. Generate 2 Idola(s)
2. Generate 4 Idola(s)
3. Generate 6 Idola(s)
4. Your Idolas defeat 200 players
5. Challenge rare Idolas 3 times
6. Challenge Idola of Wind Element 1 time
7. Challenge Fire of Wind Element 1 time
8. Challenge Water of Wind Element 1 time
9. Challenge Earth of Wind Element 1 time
10. Challenge Idolas 20 time(s)

Link : http://idola.boltrend.com/en
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 03:37:34 am by Berto »

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #871 on: August 08, 2022, 07:40:19 am »
I have a theory on why male CASTs look like gundam robots while female CASTs look like beautiful women... other than PSCrew being horny.

What if male CASTs are CASTrated?

What PSO1 and PSU CASTs were confirmed to be all machine, PSO2 CASTs are able to use Techniques and this is explained that CASTs were once humans with extreme potent for photons to the point it's a deadly strain on their organic bodies. To save them, I presume their brains and some of their organic parts were placed into specially designed androids. So they're more cyborg than robot.

My guess the reason why female CASTs appear more human than the males is because they still have functioning organic uterus. That while mostly mechanism there is stilll enough organism in them to support life.
Males with exterior reproductive organs however maybe unlucky, that what's left of them inside the CAST is not enough to maintain healthy sexual organs, thus removal of them is necessary.

Whoever was in charge with turning humans into CASTs probably figured "The men can't reproduce so might as well make them all-out look like robots. Women however can preoduce so they will need to retain their sex appeal."
And just because male CASTs don't have their genitals doesn't mean they are all aromantic. Some can perhaps still form relationships with other CASTs or the other three -man races, they just won't have any sexual attraction towards them or capacity to feel lust (or maybe they can feel lust or a sense of horniess but it would be diminished without the testosterone produced by the genitals).
They will not be able to procreate, unless a healthy supply of their seed is frozen and stored somewhere.

It's my answer to why we don't see any male CASTs that look as human as the females do.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 07:42:28 am by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

« Reply #872 on: August 08, 2022, 09:02:24 pm »
I have a theory on why male CASTs look like gundam robots while female CASTs look like beautiful women... other than PSCrew being horny.

What if male CASTs are CASTrated?

What PSO1 and PSU CASTs were confirmed to be all machine, PSO2 CASTs are able to use Techniques and this is explained that CASTs were once humans with extreme potent for photons to the point it's a deadly strain on their organic bodies. To save them, I presume their brains and some of their organic parts were placed into specially designed androids. So they're more cyborg than robot.

My guess the reason why female CASTs appear more human than the males is because they still have functioning organic uterus. That while mostly mechanism there is stilll enough organism in them to support life.
Males with exterior reproductive organs however maybe unlucky, that what's left of them inside the CAST is not enough to maintain healthy sexual organs, thus removal of them is necessary.

Whoever was in charge with turning humans into CASTs probably figured "The men can't reproduce so might as well make them all-out look like robots. Women however can preoduce so they will need to retain their sex appeal."
And just because male CASTs don't have their genitals doesn't mean they are all aromantic. Some can perhaps still form relationships with other CASTs or the other three -man races, they just won't have any sexual attraction towards them or capacity to feel lust (or maybe they can feel lust or a sense of horniess but it would be diminished without the testosterone produced by the genitals).
They will not be able to procreate, unless a healthy supply of their seed is frozen and stored somewhere.

It's my answer to why we don't see any male CASTs that look as human as the females do.

Interesting theory.
So since CASTs were humans before, if female CAST could have a kid, will that kid be a human or a CAST?

Offline Berto

« Reply #873 on: August 08, 2022, 10:44:10 pm »
Idola Phantasy Star Saga Global - "The Publicist in Celebration Popona" Chance Up Gacha is Back

The Aries Chivalric Order publicist Popona dressed up for the anniversary celebration.
It is said that she bought a new formal with her private money specially for the party celebrating the anniversary.
Of course, Hatosuke, her partner in crime, has put on the same suit.

Link : http://idola.boltrend.com/en

Offline Berto

« Reply #874 on: August 09, 2022, 12:41:13 am »

Offline Berto

« Reply #875 on: August 09, 2022, 02:40:40 am »
Phantasy Star II Original Video Game Soundtrack on Vinyl is Coming Soon from Ship to Shore!

Phantasy Star II Original Video Game Soundtrack on vinyl is available for pre-order Tuesday, August 9 - 2pm ET. 🌌
This is the very first vinyl pressing for SEGA’s iconic JRPG sequel!

Source : https://twitter.com/stsphonoco/status/1556701784588005377

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #876 on: August 09, 2022, 10:54:02 am »
Interesting theory.
So since CASTs were humans before, if female CAST could have a kid, will that kid be a human or a CAST?
Likely human, female CASTs will likely give birth to human children. But depends how inapt with protons those children will be. If they inherit their mothers dangerous aptitude for photons then they may require the procedure to be turned into CASTs, if not they may remain human.

However if humans can crossbreed with Deumans and Newmans then maybe those children inherit their fathers more resistance to their own photons.

As for why male CASTs can't keep their genitals while females can, I dunno. I presume given the organs are on the outside and perhaps our bodies produce natural hormones and chemicals to keep our swimmers swimming then the new CAST bodies may require only essential organs to function and the male organs cannot function in CAST bodies. So whoevers in charge of the process of turning humans into CASTs perhaps figure "Might as well turn the men into fighting robots and the girls keep their beauty and sex appeal", likely because if they did had children they may still be able to mother them and their human children will bond with them.
It's the only explanation I have why CAST gender appearances are so different from the other man races.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 10:57:04 am by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

« Reply #877 on: August 09, 2022, 08:49:58 pm »
Likely human, female CASTs will likely give birth to human children. But depends how inapt with protons those children will be. If they inherit their mothers dangerous aptitude for photons then they may require the procedure to be turned into CASTs, if not they may remain human.

However if humans can crossbreed with Deumans and Newmans then maybe those children inherit their fathers more resistance to their own photons.

As for why male CASTs can't keep their genitals while females can, I dunno. I presume given the organs are on the outside and perhaps our bodies produce natural hormones and chemicals to keep our swimmers swimming then the new CAST bodies may require only essential organs to function and the male organs cannot function in CAST bodies. So whoevers in charge of the process of turning humans into CASTs perhaps figure "Might as well turn the men into fighting robots and the girls keep their beauty and sex appeal", likely because if they did had children they may still be able to mother them and their human children will bond with them.
It's the only explanation I have why CAST gender appearances are so different from the other man races.

This explanation is too detail.
I doubt SEGA themself think this far, lol.
So that means when female CAST wanted to choose their partner for reproductive process, they couldn't choose male CAST since they don't have male genital?

Offline Berto

« Reply #878 on: August 09, 2022, 09:17:10 pm »
Phantasy Star II Vinyl Release Pre-order Page is Up Now!

This is a limited time release, coming in a “Rolf & Nei” blue and magenta swirl vinyl.
While having a big, physical copy of the Phantasy Star II soundtrack is awesome, this release also features all the original Japanese artwork by Hitoshi Yoneda. Its beautiful.

Article : http://segabits.com/blog/2022/08/09/phantasy-star-ii-soundtrack-getting-vinyl-release-pre-orders-up-now/

Offline Berto

« Reply #879 on: August 09, 2022, 11:56:00 pm »
PSO2 Comic CENTRAL! Episode 43: A Food Revolution

Link : https://pso2.com/players/community/comic/central/43/

Offline Berto

« Reply #880 on: August 10, 2022, 12:09:14 am »
PSO2 Comic CENTRAL! Episode 44: The Main Attraction of Summer

Link : https://pso2.com/players/community/comic/central/44/
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 04:13:01 am by Berto »

Offline Berto

« Reply #881 on: August 10, 2022, 03:26:29 am »
"Megadrive: Art Collection Book" Kickstarter is 200% Funded Now
21 Days To Go!

Thanks to all your support, we have reached Kickstarter funding and the project is already a reality and will see the light of day in December 2022.
We would like to remind you that you can continue to support us and reach the rewards proposed in the project to equip the book with better materials and get more rewards.

Link : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/16lifegames/extended-version-megadrive-art-collection-book

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #882 on: August 10, 2022, 09:27:44 am »
This explanation is too detail.
I doubt SEGA themself think this far, lol.
So that means when female CAST wanted to choose their partner for reproductive process, they couldn't choose male CAST since they don't have male genital?
It's never shown how humans are turned into CASTs so this is purely speculation. But given "sperm banking" is a thing we have with our current technology, I imagine before the procedure to turn a male human into a CAST, some of their sperm is collected and preserved for future use wit sperm banking procedures beyond ours. So I imagine the only way a male CAST could procreate with any female would be artificial insemination.

But yeah, I never liked how Sega never really put much thought in PSO2 ARKs lore until a few chapters in when something resembling the Federation or the Jedi Order was put in place.

Offline Berto

« Reply #883 on: August 10, 2022, 09:25:04 pm »
It's never shown how humans are turned into CASTs so this is purely speculation. But given "sperm banking" is a thing we have with our current technology, I imagine before the procedure to turn a male human into a CAST, some of their sperm is collected and preserved for future use wit sperm banking procedures beyond ours. So I imagine the only way a male CAST could procreate with any female would be artificial insemination.

But yeah, I never liked how Sega never really put much thought in PSO2 ARKs lore until a few chapters in when something resembling the Federation or the Jedi Order was put in place.

I think PSO2 need a novel or a serious comic.
So that when the writers do research and ask SEGA, SEGA had to provide them with deep explanation.
It's happened before with Sakura Wars and Valkyria Chronicles.

Offline Berto

« Reply #884 on: August 10, 2022, 09:28:38 pm »