Author Topic: Sonic's Twitter account is still the best Sega related thing I can think of  (Read 9345 times)

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
Re: Sonic's Twitter account is still the best Sega related thing I can think of
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2016, 07:06:24 pm »
They should make a Sonic x Nights game

This quote makes me laugh just for the reason that NiGHTS has appeared in more Sonic games than some Sonic characters.

Off the top of my head, I know they cameo'd in Sonic Adventure, Sonic Lost World, Sonic Generations, and were playable in Sonic Riders. I think they were also gonna be in that golf game that got canned years ago? And then of course there's all the crossovers which have Sonic in the title, but I don't know if you'd count that.

Speaking of which, when's the next crossover? I need more Obscure Franchise Jamborees damnit.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 07:08:03 pm by Moody »

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2016, 02:51:02 am »
This quote makes me laugh just for the reason that NiGHTS has appeared in more Sonic games than some Sonic characters.

Off the top of my head, I know they cameo'd in Sonic Adventure, Sonic Lost World, Sonic Generations, and were playable in Sonic Riders. I think they were also gonna be in that golf game that got canned years ago? And then of course there's all the crossovers which have Sonic in the title, but I don't know if you'd count that.

Speaking of which, when's the next crossover? I need more Obscure Franchise Jamborees damnit.
Ok, there are a lot of cameos, but consider the following:
A game half Sonic levels, half Nights levels. The storyline could be a kid that dreams of Sonic or something. Both silent protagonists as well. Would be cash.
SEG4GES

Offline MykonosFan

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2016, 05:52:32 pm »
Ok, there are a lot of cameos, but consider the following:
A game half Sonic levels, half Nights levels. The storyline could be a kid that dreams of Sonic or something. Both silent protagonists as well. Would be cash.

Ever since the Lost World DLC I've wanted a game like that. Do it Generations style. I really think at their core, both game play styles aim for similar goals (memorizing stage layouts to complete them quickly/stylishly for the highest scores/rankings) so it would blend well, and they could do some really interesting things by letting both franchises play together. Whatever it takes to get some more NIGHTS goodness on this fine earth.

Heck, their 5 year anniversaries line up, perfect excuse.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2016, 06:00:41 pm »

Offline FlareHabanero

• Total Meseta: 4
  • Resident of Puyo Hell
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2016, 07:35:26 am »
On the interview with Polygon, Iizuka also hinted it, "Because Rise of Lyric tried a different take on Sonic from the norm — and considering the results — this made Sonic Team feel that we want to build a Sonic title which represents the evolution of the Sonic series over the last 25 years."

Welp, new game confirmed garbage, time to pack it up folks.

Offline Phantasos

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2016, 06:31:42 pm »
The valentine's day tweet is fucking priceless.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 06:35:12 pm by Phantasos »

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2016, 08:01:33 pm »
The valentine's day tweet is fucking priceless.

yeah it's great

for those who haven't seen it: