Author Topic: 7th Dragon III Code: VFD Announced For Nintendo 3DS  (Read 4756 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
7th Dragon III Code: VFD Announced For Nintendo 3DS
« on: June 30, 2015, 03:33:11 am »
I wonder why they pick 3DS instead PS Vita since the prequels were on PSP.  ???

Sega just announced the latest of the RPG series, with 7th Dragon III Code: VFD for the Nintendo 3DS. The official website shares more information on the upcoming title.

While there aren’t any details as far as story or gameplay goes, the official website lists 7th Dragon 2020 illustrator and designer Shirow Miwa as the character designer. Yuzo Koshiro is the composer, and the theme song will be done by sasakure.UK
Masayuki Kawabata is the director for 7th Dragon III Code: VFD and Juro Watari is the producer.

7th Dragon III Code: VFD will release in Japan on October 15, 2015 for Nintendo 3DS. We’ll learn more details on the game during a special NicoNico Livestream for it that will take place on July 3rd.

Source : http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/29/7th-dragon-iii-code-vfd-announced-for-nintendo-3ds/

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
Re: 7th Dragon III Code: VFD Announced For Nintendo 3DS
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 03:36:55 am »
Hopefully, by breaking the Sony series this one finally gets considered for international distribution. I know Sega won't do it, but maybe Atlus will, just as they are for Stella Glow.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 04:47:52 am »
Yet another retail release from SEGA.

Hopefully, by breaking the Sony series this one finally gets considered for international distribution. I know Sega won't do it, but maybe Atlus will, just as they are for Stella Glow.

What does it being on a Sony console have anything to do against localisation?  The original was a Nintendo DS game and Atlus are still making games for the PSVita.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 07:43:42 am »
So this series lives on without Imageepoch?
Made by SEGA

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 08:14:38 am »
I was hoping Code VFD was going to be Virtua Fighter: Destiny.
(not really)

Oh well.

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 08:15:47 am »
Interrestingly this game isn't produced by Rieko Kodama but by Virtual On producer Juro Watari and directed by the Phantasy Star Zero director.

I have noticed that for externally developed titles not only a producer from Sega Japan participates but also a director, this was the case with newer Shining titles and Phantasy Star Nova.

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 12:47:59 pm »
Yet another retail release from SEGA.

What does it being on a Sony console have anything to do against localisation?  The original was a Nintendo DS game and Atlus are still making games for the PSVita.

3DS games in general sell better than Vita titles. Also, I gave an example of a similar 3DS title by Sega that is confirmed coming to the west, while similar Vita titles like Phantasy Star Nova are left behind.