Author Topic: Ryu Ga Gotoku Ishin (Kenzan Sequel) [Edo Period]  (Read 69075 times)

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
Re: Ryu Ga Gotoku Ishin (Kenzan Sequel) [Edo Period]
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2013, 08:10:03 am »
Well yes, Lindbergh was outclassed, but then it also wasn't designed to have an eight year shelf life, like the consoles. They stopped making Lindberg games in what, 08

And yet even RingEdge was behind the current console Tech . I really have no idea why SEGA didn't just use 360 chipset for the Arcades instead of Lindberg or RingEdge

I don't remember Sega really having to add a layer of spit and polish to Virtua Fighter before porting it over to the PS3, so I would say that the Lindberg was doing work on par with early PS3

That's the magic of AM#2 - They made amazing use of the Lindberg . That said most 360 and PS3 games would leave Lindberg games standing in the gfx dept .

I would consider Lindberg next gen, because a PS2/XBox/GCN/DC could not handle VF5,

Well I would say the XBox would be able to pull of a real good port of the game, if they really had too  but I get your point . 

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2013, 12:40:01 pm »
"It's not that the era itself was attractive to us so much as the people involved with it trigger stories in our minds," commented Ishin producer and writer Masayoshi Yokoyama. "I wanted to build a story this time around Sakamoto Ryoma, who's this really attention-grabbing character in history, but really there's such a vast amount of people involved with this era. You have hardline traditional samurai, you have people trying to create a whole new era for themselves, and you have others turning their eyes toward other countries. Trying to build a coherent story that brought all of these people together is a real challenge."

A lot of the most popular characters from the election will appear in Ishin, so it'll be nice to see people try to guess which characters will play which historical roles in the story. We'll be providing answers to some of those guesses shortly."

"We won't have all of them," Nagoshi added, "but there will be a lot of characters making appearances, including the ones that ranked the highest. It'll be kind of a festival atmosphere for fans of the series, and it's something I felt was important to do because it makes us feel more connected to gamers and the project we're working on."

"We may have deployed everything we could with Yakuza 5," Nagoshi said, "but that doesn't mean we're on cruise control with the quality and volume of this title. We are challenging ourselves with new things here, from the graphical presentation to the way we're bringing back the full cast. It'll be a huge step forward

The last quote makes it seem very likely its a PS4 game.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/21/4643902/yakuzas-producer-and-director-discuss-the-new-ishin-side-story-game

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2013, 02:42:59 pm »
I think it will be just Yakuza 5+Kenzan.

Offline Pao

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2013, 04:08:23 pm »
I think it will be just Yakuza 5+Kenzan.
In other words: Pure Awesomeness!

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2013, 06:45:59 am »
I'll one up you Pao;

Yeap, I need this game. So glad that the Playstation 4 is region free.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2013, 06:57:40 am »
Is it confirmed ps4?

Edit: I mean when I look at this. You get what I mean
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 07:01:05 am by CrazyTails »

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2013, 07:06:19 am »
Is it confirmed ps4?

Edit: I mean when I look at http://this. You get what I mean

Nagoshi already said that Yakuza 5 would be the last Yakuza game on the Playstation 3.

Also that's from an ingame cutscene, but you can notice the difference in quality between what Kiryu is wearing there plus the lighting is significantly better here.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2013, 07:17:14 am »
The cutscenes indeed looked a lot better than ingame stuff. I really hope it's ps4, but the leap doesn't seem too huge. It's probably to be expected because there's so much you can push realism at some point it just comes to how much detail you can render in real time, resolution and fps.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2013, 07:49:45 am »
The cutscenes indeed looked a lot better than ingame stuff. I really hope it's ps4, but the leap doesn't seem too huge. It's probably to be expected because there's so much you can push realism at some point it just comes to how much detail you can render in real time, resolution and fps.

Nah, it's just the team neither has the time nor the money to invest in this title I feel. You can only do so much in a series that makes 90% of it's sales in Japan which is why it still does not seem like a massive leap from Yakuza 5.

It is a shame but it is what it is, it's why Japanese developers have struggled so much the previous gen. Hopefully art direction, which they always seem to excel at, can make up for it. Sonic Unleashed, Generations and Lost World all do this and it works out just fine.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2013, 08:32:58 am »
Yeah. It's probably gonna take at least a few itirations before they push out everything out of the hardware. Different from sony they dont have to sell the console so it makes sense sony is pushing it alot more with their line up. Having said that I really like the way it looks. I don't think im gonna import it though :(.

Offline Pao

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2013, 06:24:04 pm »

Look at that foliage, beautiful!  Yep, its next gen.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2013, 10:17:57 pm »

Look at that foliage, beautiful!  Yep, its next gen.

wow yeah that looks really good. definitely next gen.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2013, 02:06:20 am »
Not much looks next gen about those shots imo . Looks nice but then so did Yakuza 5 cutscenes. 
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2013, 07:45:56 am »
For those worried the game might take a Kenzan route (With only 3 of the main cast of the Yakuza series appearing) it seems this one will try to bring more of the established characters to ancient Japan as Daigo Dojima has been confirmed to be playing Tokugawa Yoshinobu, the 15th and last Shogun.

http://yakuzafan.com/post/59390212901/daigo-dojima-has-been-confirmed-to-be