Author Topic: OMG!!! SHENMUE 3!!!  (Read 16714 times)

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
Re: OMG!!! SHENMUE 3!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2013, 02:34:07 pm »
How did you find the copyright, deefy?

I checked out the site as well, i found it on there, bastards had me for a moment.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2013, 03:48:29 pm »
After reading so much bs about these annoucements over the years, I kinda expected it to play out this way...

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2013, 04:38:05 pm »
The thing is, it won't really be necessary for Sega to trademark Shenmue III, since Shenmue itself is an already established trademark. If you note on the fine print of Shenmue II, it just says something to the effect that Shenmue is a registered trademark. (As for the TM symbol on the logo, they can place that anywhere -- or nowhere). Similarly with other game series, for example on Halo: Reach, Halo is what bears the trademark, 'Reach' does not.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2013, 09:02:28 pm »
It seemed likely now more than ever with Yu Suzuki talking about the game again after all the silence and Sony talking up wanting Shenners as an exclusive. Sega probably has to dedicate resources to making a Jack Lumber Freemium MOBA or something.

In all honesty though, I'm kind of expecting something about Shenmue to surface eventually, but I've been down this road before so I'm not getting too excited yet.

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2013, 09:20:04 am »
It seemed likely now more than ever with Yu Suzuki talking about the game again after all the silence and Sony talking up wanting Shenners as an exclusive.
Yu Suzuki talking about Shenmue at GDC never was a hint at an announcement happening. GDC isn't a place for big game announcement, as it's primarily a place for game development stuff (like the name implies :V). Also, Sony never said that they want Shenmue as an exclusive, they said that a lot of fans have requested it along with Yakuza.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2013, 12:24:51 pm »
Yu Suzuki talking about Shenmue at GDC never was a hint at an announcement happening. GDC isn't a place for big game announcement, as it's primarily a place for game development stuff (like the name implies :V). Also, Sony never said that they want Shenmue as an exclusive, they said that a lot of fans have requested it along with Yakuza.
Partypooper.

:c
SEG4GES

Offline max_cady

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2013, 01:37:07 pm »
Yeah, it's true. While some companies do make announcements here and there... It's mostly about tech and developers talking about software engeneering/game design. It's actually much more technical than it sounds.

E3 has basically PR people talking about how great their games are, GDC is more about meetings with software devs and such.

Yu Suzuki's part in it, might be interesting... But a post-mortem is basically discussing what went wrong, how the project came to be, who worked on it, where was it going,etc,etc...

Probably very technical...

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2013, 08:04:21 am »
If anything comes from this, then Cerny should definitely give Yu some budget and efficiency advice in case he DOES want to go back to Shemnue.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline Deefy

• Total Meseta: 6
  • SupporterOfSEGA & F.C.Internazionale
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2013, 07:51:15 pm »
 :-[ I apologize to the entire SEGAbits community; I for one, couldn't believe my eyes when I found the mark while I was doing my research nearly daily about SEGA TradeMarks.
I had a certain fear of being duped from the beginning, but after a quick check, has taken over the euphoria, and so I can spread the potential fabulous news, thinking to make happy many lovers of the saga.
Instead I just fueled yet another illusion, sorry again.
SEGA STYLE

Offline Centrale

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2013, 08:40:25 am »
That's okay, buddy. But to make up for it, we would like you to go move boxes with Delin at Worker's Pier for the next several days.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2013, 09:00:04 am »
Is it true that moving boxes in Shenmue 2 made you better at arm wrestling?

Offline Centrale

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2013, 12:58:35 pm »
I haven't heard that, but that would be so cool. Unfortunately, playing Shenmue II emulated on the Xbox 360, it's an exercise in futility to work with Delin because that damn 360 d-pad is so inaccurate. That's the only way I have to play it currently. Someone with a DC or original Xbox, try to confirm the arm wrestling theory, please!

Offline Ben

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2013, 12:35:08 am »
Not only that, but there's a glitch where the audio cuts off when working with Delin. Sooooo lame.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2013, 01:29:22 am »
^Not really sure what that has to do with what you're adding to.

The armwrestling did feel impossible sometimes. I remember giving up as it wasnt worth it, and im not even that bad of a buttonmasher lol. I've recently started another replay so i could test out doing the job often. I think most of us quit after we found out how profitable gambling was. Save>gamble>win/lose>repeat/load
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 01:46:05 am by CrazyTails »

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2013, 07:19:33 am »
Agreed, but it was awesome to get Delin to teach you his 'martial arts', which was basically just a great big fuck-off punch that wrecks everyone.