Author Topic: 3DS RPG 7th Dragon III Code: VFD announced for summer 2016 Americas release  (Read 18861 times)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits

http://segabits.com/blog/2016/02/02/nintendo-3ds-rpg-7th-dragon-iii-code-vfd-announced-for-summer-2016-americas-release/

Whoop whoop! All aboard the localization physical release train!

No Europe announcement yet... and SEGA Europe has not done well the past month in following up SEGA of America with their own announcement. But hey, I live in the US so I don't care about anybody but myself (kidding).

Really interested in trying a franchise I never played before. Diving into the third in a series reminds me a bit of Sakura Wars: So Long My Love, which was also standalone in nature but was quite far along in the series.

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
Good to see Atlus rubbing off on SEGA America with them now suddenly localizing a lot more games. Now they just need to rub off on SEGA Europe as well, it was already disappointing to not see them bring over any of Atlus' games and now they're seemingly doing the same with the company's own games. That or they have problems with distribution or something.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
I never thought i'd ever be able to play a 7th dragon game. I expected 3ds support dwindling down a lot by now but the contrary seems to be happening.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
I just placed a pre-order on Amazon for 3D Classics and Valkyria Remastered and it felt really weird. Then I realized it was the first physical SEGA pre-order I've made since 2014.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
^signs of better times hopefully :). With how barren things have been SEGA wise, you kind of forget how exciting it can feel when news like this comes up. Heck sometimes I even forget how much I even care about SEGA. But then I see anouncements like this that get me more excited than anything.

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
sega, is everything, like, okay guys? you never localize your games and now you're just like, doing all this shit? are you feeling well? do you need a glass of water?

I'm very happy something like this is happening, even if it's a game I won't be playing.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
During SEGA's heaviest release periods, I would have probably ignored a game like this. But given we are coming off such a dry spell, I'll be picking up as many games as I can from them. So I am very much looking forward to 7th Dragon despite it not being a game I'd typically get. Also, never know how limited the print run is. Especially with RPGs, those can shoot up in price.

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15

To people who want to experience this series' previous titles in English:

Since there's next to nill chance ether game will be localized, you can find an English patch for the first game (NDS) and the same patch creator is working on the patch for 7thD:2020 (PSP) and hopes to have it done by end of Q1.

Both can be found here at cavespeak.org

Huge news that 7thD-3 is getting localized. The series has kind of gained a cult following. Sure to be a hit.

I've only played the first one. It's Phantasy Star 4 exploration/battles meets Etrian Odyssey party building. Quality Stuff. Yuzo Koshiro does the music for all games I believe. Nuff said. 

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
The boxart for western version got censored. Lol.
No big deal, of course.

http://gonintendo.com/stories/251312-7th-dragon-iii-code-vfd-boxart-gets-slightly-censored-for-north

Offline fernandeath

• Total Meseta: 3
Re: 3DS RPG 7th Dragon III Code: VFD announced for summer 2016 Americas release
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2016, 06:54:19 am »

Offline Kuronoa

• Segalization
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2016, 08:20:06 am »
The boxart for western version got censored. Lol.
No big deal, of course.

http://gonintendo.com/stories/251312-7th-dragon-iii-code-vfd-boxart-gets-slightly-censored-for-north

Why publishers do this I never know.  ;)   If we learn a thing about comedy, it's that covering it up makes it more obvious that it's there in front of us and more suggestive.

Offline SuperSonicEX

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2016, 10:41:21 am »
Why publishers do this I never know.  ;)   If we learn a thing about comedy, it's that covering it up makes it more obvious that it's there in front of us and more suggestive.

From what I've gathered, it might an issue with the ESRB.  It's silly, of course, but nothing major to be concerned.

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2016, 10:01:43 pm »
From what I've gathered, it might an issue with the ESRB.  It's silly, of course, but nothing major to be concerned.

I guess it's something SEGA learned from Atlus too.
Anyone remember the censoring in Stella Glow's cover art?

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2016, 10:46:24 pm »
That isn't a big deal to me. Really, its very minor. If anything it would make buying the game less embarrassing. I'm a damn adult, why do I want to go into a store and buy a game with a 12 year old anime girls ass cheeks hanging out?