Author Topic: Favourite National Soccer Kit  (Read 4061 times)

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
Favourite National Soccer Kit
« on: March 10, 2014, 12:28:11 pm »
I won't lie. Was inspired by seeing this today.

Very cute, although I always wondered why Japan's National Kit is Blue (then again, some countries tend to do this).

Now, for the question. What Soccer kit (other than your home country, I may add), is your favourite football kit?

Europe wise for me this year, it has to be the Portugese Kit:

Most of the time, kits seem to be bland and boring (at least pre-2000s), but I'm happy to see that they're finally adding style to them.

I own a French Kit and the Ivory Coast Jersey (I am kind of fanatic of buying Kits), and I really, really loved the 2010 African Kits where the left shoulder represented the Emblem through the stitching:

Not really been following Kits for the World Cup this year, but as usual, we tend to have the least desirable kits. :\

So what are your favourites? Which kits do you think should change? Etc.

If you also wish to talk about the World Cup, be my guest!
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
Re: Favourite National Soccer Kit
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 07:48:15 pm »
I love this thread!!

I hate Germany as a team. Very methodical, not very world-cupy. But their shirt this year is gorgeous:

It's very beautiful.
For the Away kit they went for a more Nazi feel I guess? It still looks great

They say that this is Netherland's new Away kit:

I like it a lot.

As for Portugal, I enjoy the new kit. But I really wish the shorts were GREEN.

Our flag is red, GREEN and beautiful. So should our kits.

The conjugation of the new field colours, especially the use of green, was not traditional in the Portuguese national flag's composition and represented a radical republican-inspired change that broke the bond with the former religious monarchical flag. In the ensuing decades, these colours were popularly propagandized as representing the hope of the nation (green) and the blood (red) of those who died defending it, as a means to endow them with a more patriotic and dignified, therefore less political, sentiment.

As for the away kit, I really want them to go back to the white and blue color scheme (our monarchy's flag colors)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 07:50:53 pm by crackdude »
SEG4GES

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
Re: Favourite National Soccer Kit
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 05:41:44 am »
Thank you!

German kits are really nice, but I never get why they use white of all colours to represent their team.

Nazi Germany? Don't let them hear you say that!

Never knew that the Portugese Home Kit doesn't use Green for the shorts, that's a shame.

Normally, the Portugese Kits look better than the English Kits but I must admit they did appear plain in the early 2000s (then again, no one really stylised them).

I like the Nederland Kits usually, but I don't think I like the new one.

Edit: Btw, made a post in the going abroad topic, you make like what you see.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 05:47:49 am by Nameless 24 »
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.