Author Topic: Ghost Town  (Read 33225 times)

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
Re: Ghost Town
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2016, 12:52:29 pm »
Giant wall confirmed!

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2016, 12:57:13 pm »
Giant wall confirmed!

Trust me when I say that I know all about walls. We are going to build a nice big beautiful paywall around SEGAbits to keep out the lurkers and content thieves from rival sites. $10 to read the front page, $25 for forum access, $5 to select your own avatar. We are also going to develop a wonderful program where you trade your S¥£ Karma in for video game merchandise, like E3 giveaway items from 2009 and stuff that only loosely qualifies as video game related.

We will not only make SEGAbits great again, but we will make SEGA great again.

Offline Tad

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2016, 02:57:06 pm »
Huh...that sounds amazing.

*deletes account*

;)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2016, 03:38:33 pm »
Huh...that sounds amazing.

*deletes account*

;)

I will give you 25 bling to stay.

Offline Tad

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2016, 03:54:43 pm »
Thought you were going to say it costs $5 to leave :D

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2016, 04:02:45 pm »
Thought you were going to say it costs $5 to leave :D

I cannot put a price on leaving SEGAbits...

Offline Clint Forrester

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2016, 07:26:17 pm »
I don't know how active this place usually is but I think that forums have become sort of an old timey thing. Most people prefer Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, and so forth now. Message boards like these have fallen out of style.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 07:29:02 pm by Clint Forrester »

Offline Spock

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2016, 07:36:52 pm »
I don't know how active this place usually is but I think that forums have become sort of an old timey thing. Most people prefer Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, and so forth now. Message boards like these have fallen out of style.
There are some forums that are thriving with thousands - even millions - of members. Nerdforum.org has members from nearly every country with Internet access. Forum websites do not seem to be losing popularity. This one is, but that's just because of the summer season. Facebook and Twitter are for posting thoughts to personal friends. Forum websites are for talking to people you don't know about very specific topics. Forum websites are not going away.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 07:38:48 pm by Spock »

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2016, 09:01:03 pm »
The forums aren't a ghost town, just slow at the moment because there isn't much to discuss. We are never going to be a big forum, unless the popularity of SEGA randomly decides to explode. A SEGA website is a pretty niche kind of website to run at the moment. We aren't a Sonic fansite, so not going to attract loads of Sonic fans like say, Sonic Retro or Sonic Stadium. Just how it is
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 09:04:36 pm by Happy Cat »

Offline Tad

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2016, 12:29:24 am »
This is silly, are we doing this sacrifice thing or not!?

:)

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2016, 03:22:52 am »
Trust me when I say that I know all about walls. We are going to build a nice big beautiful paywall around SEGAbits to keep out the lurkers and content thieves from rival sites. $10 to read the front page, $25 for forum access, $5 to select your own avatar. We are also going to develop a wonderful program where you trade your S¥£ Karma in for video game merchandise, like E3 giveaway items from 2009 and stuff that only loosely qualifies as video game related.

We will not only make SEGAbits great again, but we will make SEGA great again.
We SegaNerds now
SEG4GES

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2016, 03:38:58 am »
I know things like Facebook and Twitter gave forums quite a hit in general, but this change seems more recent.

On contrary, three years ago I rarely visit this forum, lol. I was too busy with Facebook and Twitter.
Why now I'm showing up and posting more often, may be it's because I just got bored with Facebook and Twitter.
Well, just Twitter may be, I can't leave Facebook, it's part of my life (especially because I'm an admin of seven groups there).

This is silly, are we doing this sacrifice thing or not!?

:)

SegaNerds has sacrificed their best artist, Kopke, and it didn't work.  :P
Their forum is still dead, as dead as SEGA mobile forum.
Or may be sacrifice one person isn't enough and at least five person has to be sacrified?

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2016, 08:02:34 am »
If you are not NeoGaf, your message boards tend to be a little on the empty side eventually. I think it's a combination of things:

- The big one is definately SEGA being much more quiet and way more low-key. I mean the biggest news as of right now was SEGA outsourcing several of their releases to Koch Media in Europe (which they have been doing for quite a while);
- Yes, people have tended to speak way more on Facebook, me wonders if SEGABits had a FB group it would probably be a little more active;
- Last, but not least, the obvious, we're all getting older, having more responsabilities and we aren't as readily available as we used to throw down;

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2016, 08:31:38 am »
The forums aren't a ghost town, just slow at the moment because there isn't much to discuss. We are never going to be a big forum, unless the popularity of SEGA randomly decides to explode. A SEGA website is a pretty niche kind of website to run at the moment. We aren't a Sonic fansite, so not going to attract loads of Sonic fans like say, Sonic Retro or Sonic Stadium. Just how it is

Pretty much what Will said. Sonic fan sites attract droves of Sonic fans, general gaming sites – especially the old ones – have longtime members and cater to a much broader base.

Re: what Max said, I wouldn't be opposed to a SEGAbits group on Facebook. I'll see what George thinks and set one up if he thinks its a cool idea!

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2016, 06:11:02 pm »
Wait! Am I the only girl left on this website?