Author Topic: Help me identify this movie  (Read 3178 times)

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
Help me identify this movie
« on: February 25, 2011, 04:25:59 am »
I don't know the name of a single actor, all I remember is that the guy looked like a young Ray Liotta.

I saw this movie maybe a decade ago.

The movie was about a man who makes a software or something that can stream videos without lag through the internet (this movie has to be really old given the plot), he names his company "DIGITAL DREAMS". This Digital Dreams project starts innocently enough as a garage project or something small scale but the protagonist wants to make money so he partners with a business man, who makes him greedy and before you know it things have gone all corporate with Digital Dreams turning into a huge company at the expense of the protagonist losing his friends (/Co Creators of Digital Dreams).

As expected everything back fires as something goes wrong with Digital Dreams the streaming software and the company is charged with fraud or something and the protagonist is on the run with the police after him.

There is a very nice scene that stuck with me forever and really made the movie a classic...

after the protagonist screws up his life, he runs away in his expensive car and drives to some other city where he spends the night in his car at the beach.

When he wakes up the next morning, he see's an old man fishing.

He walks up to him and asks the man how easy it is to catch Fish here:
I assume the old man replies a lot or something and then offers him biscuits, chips or something similar.
After that he proceeds to give the old man business advice suggesting he should get a net so he can catch more fish,
the old man smiles and replies, 'then what will I do'
he replies, 'you'll make money and you can buy a boat'
the old man asks then what would I do'
he replies, 'you catch even more fish and make more money'
the old man asks, 'then what would I do'
he replies, 'you can buy more boats and hire fishermen to fish for you'
the old man asks then what would I do
he doesn't know what to say
the old man smiles and says I'll be back here fishing

This scene serves as an epiphany and he figures out how to return to his roots, reconnect with lost friends and over throw the corporation he has made.

Given that I saw it around 10 (or less) years ago I was 13. I didn't grasp the plot and I've been wanting to see it again since forever.

I don't know the name of any characters or actors from the movie, otherwise I would've tracked the name down. All I know is that his company's name was DIGITAL DREAMS and the plot.

Help Me.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Help me identify this movie
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 03:13:27 pm »
Can't help you myself, but try out IMDB's 'Help' board, they are usually pretty good. If not you could try 4chan's /tv/ or /r/, the sheer numbers on that site would likely help.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »