Author Topic: Last movie you saw.  (Read 284037 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Last movie you saw.
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2010, 05:31:02 pm »
Saw Law Abiding Citizen last weekend, pretty good movie. Good revenge/action flick. Had some very brutal moments as well, basically a good movie to catch with your mates.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2010, 01:12:13 pm »
Just watched The Castle of Cagliostro for the first time last night.  Awesome movie. I'd seen a few episodes of the Lupin III TV series, and always wanted to see this movie because of the whole Miyazaki connection.
A friend of mine picked it up on a trip to Toronto, and got a bunch of us together to watch it last night. I was really impressed with the animation quality for a movie from the '70s.
Some very funny moments too.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2010, 05:37:49 pm »
Quote from: "SOUP"
Just watched The Castle of Cagliostro for the first time last night.  Awesome movie. I'd seen a few episodes of the Lupin III TV series, and always wanted to see this movie because of the whole Miyazaki connection.
A friend of mine picked it up on a trip to Toronto, and got a bunch of us together to watch it last night. I was really impressed with the animation quality for a movie from the '70s.

That's honestly one of my top movies of all time. Probably right behind Oldboy actually, taking the number 2 spot. I just love everything about it, and I feel it's almost perfect. The music, the story, the characters... I just can't get enough of that movie.

I've seen a few other Lupin movies too, I think First Contact would be my next favourite.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2010, 05:45:25 pm »
Quote from: "MadeManG74"

That's honestly one of my top movies of all time. Probably right behind Oldboy actually, taking the number 2 spot. I just love everything about it, and I feel it's almost perfect. The music, the story, the characters... I just can't get enough of that movie.

I've seen a few other Lupin movies too, I think First Contact would be my next favourite.

I'll have to check it out. One of my other friends kept pointing out all the stuff that Cowboy Bebop had taken inspiration from as far as the characters go.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2010, 05:49:06 pm »
From my limited experience I really liked "Stolen Lupin" and "First Contact". First Contact was a TV special though I think, so not sure how hard it would be to find. I know I torrented them both years ago, but not sure where else they would be available.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2010, 05:53:48 pm »
I might check out the original manga, just because it would probably be a lot easier, and less expensive, than tracking down all the anime legitimately.
I looked it up and there are a few different series' and several movies.  It's like deciding to get into Bob Dylan music: a little overwhelming at the start.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2010, 06:40:05 am »
Watched Planet 51 last night and I have to say I'm a little dissapointed.

While it's a gorgeous looking movie, all things considered, it's the plot that hurts the movie overall.
Feels like it was recycled with bits and pieces of much better of much better sci-fi films that are shamelesly put into(the Star Wars references are so obvious I wonder why Lucasfilm didn't sue). The characters aren't all that great either, good performance overall from Dwayne Johnson as one of the lead protagonists and OK performances by Jessica Biel, Sean William Scott and the always charming John Cleese. But, how should I put it, the film carries no emotional weight on this, even a kid watching this might not feel anything for any of the protagonists or even care.

The jokes in this flick are too over-the-top and some odd ones and probably too adult for kids to understand or take it the wrong way.

I give it a D.

Offline Monkeroony

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2010, 10:44:44 am »
watching Changeling later tonight, I have my reservations.

I really like Clint Eastwood but I dislike Angelina Jolie, infact I thik the last movie I saw with her in was the Good Shepherd. (don't ever watch that movie!)

Hopefully it'll be good, if not hopefully i'll get to see some boob.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2010, 02:04:14 pm »
Having a Ghibli night tomorrow with some friends, The Castle of Cagliostro is the first movie on the list.
Made by SEGA

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2010, 07:25:27 am »
I still have the movie "The Informant" on my PC. Worth it or don't waste my precious time.  :mrgreen:

Offline SOUP

« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2010, 09:12:07 am »
I watched Shutter Island last night at the theater.
I thought it was a really well done movie. The score, the performances, the cinematography... all very impressive.
I'm not going to really say much about the plot, so as not to spoil it, but the story was very well constructed.  It's a movie that you could watch through several times, and pick up on a lot of little things throughout.
Plus it had an appearance by Elias Koteas, so that won me over (character actor, played Casey Jones in the old Ninja Turtles movies).

Offline Autosaver

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2010, 03:44:37 pm »
It was some Nazi movie. Don't remember it to well.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2010, 03:50:33 pm »
Saw The Wolfman this afternoon and I have to say it's one of my favorite movies of 2010 so far.

A wonderfully directed film done by Joe Johnston, who still owes me for screwing up Jurassic Park 3.
A lot of good scares, pretty good CG and good performances.

Benicio Del Toro is a bit miscast, not that he didn't make the movie any less enjoyable, but you can see that he was struggling to get his accent working properly(in the movie he plays a british actor who has spent many years in the United States).

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2010, 04:10:18 pm »
Is the Wolfman a teen drama about a boy that goes to school, falls in love but is afraid of his sexual primitive side so he tries to keep the girl away? Does he fuck like a beast?

IF NOT, NOT INTERESTED!

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2010, 04:47:25 pm »
I watched Shutter Island last night at the theater.
I thought it was a really well done movie. The score, the performances, the cinematography... all very impressive.
I'm not going to really say much about the plot, so as not to spoil it, but the story was very well constructed.  It's a movie that you could watch through several times, and pick up on a lot of little things throughout.
Plus it had an appearance by Elias Koteas, so that won me over (character actor, played Casey Jones in the old Ninja Turtles movies).
Loved Shutter Island, saw it two nights ago. Like you said, really well constructed, and it's intrigueing from start to finish.

Quote from: "George"
I still have the movie "The Informant" on my PC. Worth it or don't waste my precious time.  :mrgreen:
It's quite good actually, thats the one with Russel Crowe about Big Tobacco? Definitely worth checking out!

Quote from: "Sharky"
Having a Ghibli night tomorrow with some friends, The Castle of Cagliostro is the first movie on the list.

Castle of Cagliostro is one of my all time favourites! Make sure you watch Porco Rosso as well, thats another great Miyazaki movie. About a mercenary fighter pilot in Italy during the rise of facism, he's cursed to have a pig's head for what he saw in the War.