Author Topic: Alien Isolation at E3: make the beeping stop, MAKE IT STOP!  (Read 15883 times)

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
Re: Alien Isolation at E3: make the beeping stop, MAKE IT STOP!
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2014, 06:44:39 pm »
Amanda Ripley.........you know how pathetic and stupid that is?

The best part of the game is how futuristic everything was before 1985. I mean seriously, SYSTEM SHOCK II, does everything this game did but a long long time ago. I mean great we are in the Alien world again, It is so Preditor vs Arcade, but more or less a 3d version of the movie. Like how SYSTEM SHOCK II was soughta. I am just going to play an Alien game, that isa

Again you know who else did it before? Squaresoft with "LIVEALIVE" ( no really a top down eagle eye RPG version of Alien, in the Squaresoft world ) and the Final Fantasy VII Alien mini game.

It is a PS3 game ha, ha, ha, ha. They have been working on this game so long. I bet they paired off resources to make this game. Speaking of Alien did they fix the previous game????

Synthetics, that are super cheaper, then ASH or BISHOP. I mean that is a lame cheap shot. Oh I remember SYSTEM SHOCK HAD DROIDS. Not Ash but just as cheap.

Remeber DARK PRINCE for the PSX? It was a Shin MEga Ten game. I forget the name but it did the same thing but was on the PSX and was fully 3d in the exploration. You had an underground city, and had to dodge the thing, which could appear around any corner, almost any at any moment, it was real funny.

......i

I saw the twenty minutes video. It is nice how the game limits you to choices as with Alien and not Aliens, where you have a force equiped with everything. I could imagine a version of Alien 3, where your in an prison, and had to deal with even worst weapons, like toxic waste, and steal mill.

I love the "Dark Star" series, but I think this is a cheap shot at peoples wallets, even the die hard fans.

You gotta love those bad arse Alien Skin jobs. I mean seeing that in compared to Blade Runner was super messed up, he was still trying to kill them, even when he was torn to shreds because he is a robot and only a robot. The ones in BR, are human

I think they could have made this into an MMORPG and just have everybody run around. It is a missed chance, and writing in an Alternative Ripley sucks.

But the game itself messed itself up. It will be a great experience for people who are new to Alien, but them making such a big deal about something that could have been on the 3d0 or even Saturn is kinda sad. I mean I love the graphics and all, which makes the game a real nicer thing but I also feel I could have played this game earlier on systems.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2014, 07:26:32 am »
How much money is coming from FOX's end? I assume the budgets for Isolation and CM were high, but didn't part of the budget come from FOX?

None . Though Fox may well help out on some of the PR Push I guess. Game looks awesome I must say
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2014, 07:30:31 am »
I meant in terms of budget, think it's safe to say Isolation is either the most expensive SEGA production or up there with Binary Domain / Shenmue / Phantasy Star Online 2.

Also funny how me and Mang were wondering how no one was talking about this and then a discussion exploded.

I'd say its the most expensive Western development title. I wouldn't say it was the more expensive Sega overall since many of them are in japan. Not sure if this game would make the top five expensive titles made by Sega but that's if we know the exact numbers gone into the title.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2014, 07:42:53 am »
I'd say its the most expensive Western development title. I wouldn't say it was the more expensive Sega overall since many of them are in japan. Not sure if this game would make the top five expensive titles made by Sega but that's if we know the exact numbers gone into the title.

In a interview CA confirmed its the most expensive game every greenlight by SEGA for a SEGA Western  developed title . Just a shame that its the only good game SEGA had to show off, it let another pretty lame year for SEGA .
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline ROJM

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2014, 07:50:25 am »
In a interview CA confirmed its the most expensive game every greenlight by SEGA for a SEGA Western  developed title . Just a shame that its the only good game SEGA had to show off, it let another pretty lame year for SEGA .

What's you're point? I've ALREADY said it was.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2014, 08:59:06 am »
This new interview by Angry Joe just made me that much closer to press the pre-order button:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6pHM6DVG5o

New tidbits:

-15 hours long;
-Unlike the vast majority of the new indie horror games you can actually defend yourself and use weapons;
-The way they descibre the enemy AI is fascinating;
-Not only you have to survive the massive alien, you also have to deal with androids and crazy humans;

Offline ROJM

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2014, 09:10:20 am »
Is it me or is no one excited about this game? Apart from places like this...

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2014, 11:06:02 am »
Is it me or is no one excited about this game? Apart from places like this...

I think it's picking up a head of steam. It's one of Polygon's E3 Editor's Choice selections. It's getting a lot of press and commenters are generally expressing that they're stoked about it.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2014, 11:52:21 am »
It's not out until October, so it'll probably take a bit of time for everyone to realise 'Oh this is coming soon'.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2014, 05:15:51 am »
I think it's picking up a head of steam. It's one of Polygon's E3 Editor's Choice selections. It's getting a lot of press and commenters are generally expressing that they're stoked about it.

Yes but i count Polygon and Segabits as part of the same thing, press insiders who will know if a game stinks or is good ahead of time. But as far as everyone else what is their thoughts. Has ACM put them off buying an Alien game from Sega even if its good? That's the worry.

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2014, 07:20:34 pm »
Well, that's pretty hard to tell. And interestingly, in spite of being a bad game, ACM sold really well in the UK. So I think we can at least expect good sales in that territory. Judging by what I've read in comments here and there, people are aware that they've been burned before with this franchise but are cautiously optimistic... which I think is a good sign at this stage. Also, I have been pleasantly surprised that more people tend to regard ACM as a Gearbox Software game than a Sega game.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2014, 07:30:50 am »
Well, that's pretty hard to tell. And interestingly, in spite of being a bad game, ACM sold really well in the UK. So I think we can at least expect good sales in that territory. Judging by what I've read in comments here and there, people are aware that they've been burned before with this franchise but are cautiously optimistic... which I think is a good sign at this stage. Also, I have been pleasantly surprised that more people tend to regard ACM as a Gearbox Software game than a Sega game.

I think that sold because it was the first ALIENS game in a long time and many people didn't read the reviews or knew of the situation of the game beforehand. That game did drop off in the charts after its debut so it didn't keep selling strong numbers. You are also forgetting that ACM had a strong American debut before it started to drop off the charts so it wasnt just the UK. I'm wondering if those people will be reluctant to buy the game. And there is that factor that Aliens has a better brand than Alien due to the whole Colonial Marines thing.But we shall see i guess..

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2014, 12:58:31 pm »
Aliens you bash things, Alien you run from things. If Ripley from the first film, was over ran with the Aliens as in the second movie, how long do you think, she would have lasted?

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2014, 12:05:46 pm »
Amanda Ripley.........you know how pathetic and stupid that is?

The best part of the game is how futuristic everything was before 1985. I mean seriously, SYSTEM SHOCK II, does everything this game did but a long long time ago. I mean great we are in the Alien world again, It is so Preditor vs Arcade, but more or less a 3d version of the movie. Like how SYSTEM SHOCK II was soughta. I am just going to play an Alien game, that isa

Again you know who else did it before? Squaresoft with "LIVEALIVE" ( no really a top down eagle eye RPG version of Alien, in the Squaresoft world ) and the Final Fantasy VII Alien mini game.

It is a PS3 game ha, ha, ha, ha. They have been working on this game so long. I bet they paired off resources to make this game. Speaking of Alien did they fix the previous game????

Synthetics, that are super cheaper, then ASH or BISHOP. I mean that is a lame cheap shot. Oh I remember SYSTEM SHOCK HAD DROIDS. Not Ash but just as cheap.

Remeber DARK PRINCE for the PSX? It was a Shin MEga Ten game. I forget the name but it did the same thing but was on the PSX and was fully 3d in the exploration. You had an underground city, and had to dodge the thing, which could appear around any corner, almost any at any moment, it was real funny.

......i

I saw the twenty minutes video. It is nice how the game limits you to choices as with Alien and not Aliens, where you have a force equiped with everything. I could imagine a version of Alien 3, where your in an prison, and had to deal with even worst weapons, like toxic waste, and steal mill.

I love the "Dark Star" series, but I think this is a cheap shot at peoples wallets, even the die hard fans.

You gotta love those bad arse Alien Skin jobs. I mean seeing that in compared to Blade Runner was super messed up, he was still trying to kill them, even when he was torn to shreds because he is a robot and only a robot. The ones in BR, are human

I think they could have made this into an MMORPG and just have everybody run around. It is a missed chance, and writing in an Alternative Ripley sucks.

But the game itself messed itself up. It will be a great experience for people who are new to Alien, but them making such a big deal about something that could have been on the 3d0 or even Saturn is kinda sad. I mean I love the graphics and all, which makes the game a real nicer thing but I also feel I could have played this game earlier on systems.

Made by SEGA

Offline ROJM

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2014, 04:52:08 am »

Let me add to that, Shark..Whatchoo Talkin About Willis?!