Author Topic: GoDaddy letter  (Read 5648 times)

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
GoDaddy letter
« on: September 05, 2013, 03:27:55 am »
I got this mass mailed letter from Go Daddy

Dear Bilal Zia,

It's not often that a company such as GoDaddy, with our scale and steady growth, can pause to look critically at the market, the technology landscape, and the services we provide.

Today, GoDaddy is the world's largest web host and domain provider — and sites registered or hosted with us make up a massive portion of what we know as the Internet today. That statement, however, says little about who you are, our customers, or how we can serve you best. So earlier this year we embarked on an effort to learn more about you, what makes you so incredibly unique, and the values you all have in common. In the process, we learned an equal amount about ourselves, and we're making changes to reflect that new clarity.

One of the clearest lessons we've learned is that the one word to describe you best is 'courageous.' You go after what you really love, you chart your own course, and you create something (often from nothing) that usually makes the world a better place. Whether it's a neighborhood pizza shop, an organization to help those in need, or a company poised to launch a new industry, you believe where others don't. You have the guts to strike out on your own to make your dreams — however bold or humble — a reality. That's courage, and it's worth every ounce of support we can give.

We've always been there to help you succeed, and we're making it even easier now with tools better sharpened to your needs. When you next visit us at GoDaddy.com you'll notice that we've streamlined the site, making everything from domain search to checkout easier and more intuitive. We've also made improvements in our most popular products like Website Builder, Outright bookkeeping, and hosting services that will make it easier for you to polish your digital identity, connect with social media and even manage the paperwork for your venture.

We take great pride in our world-class customer care and, as we continue to refine our products, you'll always be able to pick up the phone and talk to someone 24/7 right here in our office — just call 480-505-8821.

The improvements we made today are just a start — so come look around, use our new products, and then share your thoughts with me at blake.irving@godaddy.com. If you have a few moments to spare, your feedback is the best way I know to help us serve you better.

Sincerely,

Blake Irving
CEO, GoDaddy

The weird thing is for a second I actually thought they investigated me.
Cause I have worked diligently for at a local Pizza shop, volunteered at not for profit organizations, and am currently in the process of launching my own company (Age-Media).

So I brief fell for it, I quickly realized everyone has worked at a fucking Pizzeria, everyone volunteers and everyone would aspire to launch their own company. That is a well drafted letter.

That said, their domain registeration service isn't as economical as Danica Patrick would have you believe.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
Re: GoDaddy letter
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 08:09:16 am »
hahahha
yeah you fell for it alright, godaddy is really good at advertising. but i personally don't like them as a company.

they do have good phone customer service though if you need that kind of support and can't handle internet customer support. but i don't need that kind of support so i stay far away as i can from godaddy.

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 11:10:02 am »
I've been transferring all my domains to Hover as they get near to expiring--away from go-daddy. 

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 12:50:48 pm »
I sort of accidentally renewed my domains at full price.
I immediately called them and told them it was a mistake.

The help line lady was like if you cancel the transaction you lose the domains, they won't show in your dashboard... I was like they aren't expring for months... She was like yeah, I understand but if I cancel the transaction this is what will happen.

I had a 30% discount coupon - I asked if she could appl that somehow. She did and gave me a refund.

Overall, I was burned from the service, their prices went much higher than what I had purchased them for. If you own half a dozen domains, I should get a serious discounts especially because if I had bought the domain from Wordpress it would've only been 5$ a year.

Anyway why you guys burned?

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 01:41:10 pm »
ive never been burned by them, just don't like their website or control panel.

i get my domain names through Namecheap, it's a great service and I recommend it to anyone looking to buy domain names. I transferred one to there from godaddy. There is rules you have to follow. its a bit complex but well worth it if you want to get away from godaddy.

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 01:52:07 pm »
Dear Will

It's not often that a company such as GoDaddy, with our scale and steady growth, can pause to look critically at the market, the technology landscape, and the services we provide.

Today, GoDaddy is the world's largest web host and domain provider — and sites registered or hosted with us make up a massive portion of what we know as the Internet today. That statement, however, says little about who you are, our customers, or how we can serve you best. So earlier this year we embarked on an effort to learn more about you, what makes you so incredibly unique, and the values you all have in common. In the process, we learned an equal amount about ourselves, and we're making changes to reflect that new clarity.

One of the clearest lessons we've learned is that the one word to describe you best is 'unique' You go after what you really love, you chart your own course, and you create something (often from nothing) that usually makes the world a better place. Whether it's a new website, an organization to help those in need, or a company poised to launch a new industry, you believe where others don't. You have the guts to strike out on your own to make your dreams — however bold or humble — a reality. That's courage, and it's worth every ounce of support we can give.

We've always been there to help you succeed, and we're making it even easier now with tools better sharpened to your needs. When you next visit us at GoDaddy.com you'll notice that we've streamlined the site, making everything from domain search to checkout easier and more intuitive. We've also made improvements in our most popular products like Website Builder, Outright bookkeeping, and hosting services that will make it easier for you to polish your digital identity, connect with social media and even manage the paperwork for your venture.

We take great pride in our world-class customer care and, as we continue to refine our products, you'll always be able to pick up the phone and talk to someone 24/7 right here in our office — just call 480-505-8821.

The improvements we made today are just a start — so come look around, use our new products, and then share your thoughts with me at blake.irving@godaddy.com. If you have a few moments to spare, your feedback is the best way I know to help us serve you better.

Sincerely,
Blake Irving
CEO, GoDaddy

GODADDY IS STALKING ME!!!! :O

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 02:01:08 pm »
Dear RYAN,

One of the clearest lessons we've learned is that the one word to describe you best is 'courageous.' You go after what you really love, you chart your own course, and you create something (often from nothing) that usually makes the world a better place. Whether it's a neighborhood pizza shop, an organization to help those in need, or a company poised to launch a new industry, you believe where others don't. You have the guts to strike out on your own to make your dreams — however bold or humble — a reality. That's courage, and it's worth every ounce of support we can give.

Sincerely,

Blake Irving
CEO, GoDaddy

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 05:37:44 pm »
I left Go Daddy. Nothing wrong with what they did, we just don't agree politically and they where costing me a few dollars more than Name Cheap. I have had no issues with Name Cheap and don't get shitty spam. So, I guess go with Namecheap.

Plus they don't support internet censorship.