Author Topic: SEGA reveals Daytona 3 Championship USA for arcades!  (Read 30316 times)

Offline NoirSuede

• Total Meseta: 1
Re: SEGA reveals Daytona 3 Championship USA for arcades!
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2016, 08:17:04 am »
So, right now the most popular racing arcade game is the Maximum Tune series (who is on it's 8th iteration 5DX) :
http://wanganmaxi-official.com/wanganmaxi5dx/en/

And over what we've seen so far of Daytona 3, Maximum Tune 5DX has :
- A full story mode
- A "ghost" mode that lets you grind for cosmetics by fighting AI based on other people's driving styles
- A card system that lets you save up to 100 cars in a single card
- 14 stages (4 of which connect onto each other which means that on VS on certain points of the map the game would let you choose 2 junctures that leads to a different stage just like Outrun)

I'm just afraid that when people who've never even seen a Daytona cabinet in their lives before look at Daytona 3, they'll think that the game is lacking and immediately stop playing, sure Daytona has 8 FFA but most arcades definitely won't fork over money for 8 cabinets of an unknown game...

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2016, 09:10:32 am »
Daytona 3 is focusing on the West, so I don't expect stuff like a story mode or a card system to be needed or even expected. Plus, the previous two games did not have such features and if anything he inclusion of them would make people complain even more. Arcade racers do not need story modes and it is not something I think most arcade goers expect.

Offline parallaxscroll

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2016, 02:05:16 pm »
All right! Nice to see a video where someone can actually drive.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2016, 12:33:54 am »
This game doesn't need nonsense to sell it. Just get the controls and feel. In the end it will win cuz it's Daytona USA.

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2016, 03:24:21 am »
This game doesn't need nonsense to sell it. Just get the controls and feel. In the end it will win cuz it's Daytona USA.

The features of Initial D and Wangan Midnight aren't nonsense. They are great for those types of games.

Offline FlareHabanero

• Total Meseta: 4
  • Resident of Puyo Hell
« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2016, 10:44:14 am »
I think people have to remember that it is an arcade game, and an arcade game is designed to be played in short bursts.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2016, 05:46:26 am »
Daytona 3 is focusing on the West, so I don't expect stuff like a story mode or a card system to be needed or even expected.

I don't think its even coming to Japan . Its made for the west by the west . It be a lovely game and I'm surprised no one is talking about its lovely camera feature  that's going to be great in multi player mode (and I think the Cab is only ever going to be sold in 4 and 8 player units) .

It be a nice game and I don't want to diss SEGA Amusements (they have great staff) and do hard work with little or no backing from SEGA Japan AM . I would just love a AM#2 sequel,  it's not a dig but a mark of respect and how much I hold AM#2 in regard .
In just the same way if SOJ said Smilebit were making the next Football Manager game , some of the Sports Inter purists would be a little upset and disappointed with the news .

Midn you if this does well, Maybe it will inspire AM#2 to make a sequel their self's
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Deefy

• Total Meseta: 6
  • SupporterOfSEGA & F.C.Internazionale
« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2016, 04:46:06 am »
People need to know that being disappointed that AM#2 are not behind the game, does not mean that makes this Daytona  rubbish. SEGA Rally III was a nice game , but the purist would also hope that it was SEGA Japan behind the game, same here 
If another team other than Sports Interactive  was to make Football Manager then the die hard fans wouldn't like it as Edios found out to their cost . To some of the die hards it matters that the original studio is behind the game

I agree about this TA, it was just that from the first teaser trailer the game seemed to me quite undertone by certain points of view beyond the development team to the work on it. Then I too am pleased that the games that I care, as far as possible, can be developed by the original team.

AM2's "Soul Reverse" mobile/arcade project could take as much resource (maybe more) than this Daytona game. It's how it is these days

Yeah, it probably is, even if it scares me with regard to a possible new Virtua Fighter, in the sense that for AM#2 might be difficult to find time to develop it, certainly not because I think would be entrusted to another studio.
SEGA STYLE

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2016, 07:07:37 am »
. Then I too am pleased that the games that I care, as far as possible, can be developed by the original team.

yeah Its not a dig but a mark of respect to the SEGA Japan and AM#2 . This game is going to fun and great all that , but I myself would love AM#2 to make Daytona USA for the Arcades
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2016, 07:21:40 pm »
I don't think its even coming to Japan . Its made for the west by the west . It be a lovely game and I'm surprised no one is talking about its lovely camera feature  that's going to be great in multi player mode (and I think the Cab is only ever going to be sold in 4 and 8 player units) .

Yeah, it's not gonna coming to Japan, not next year at least.
SOJ already has planned to release Initial D Arcade Stage Zero on March 2017, so if the game is released in the same time, Daytona 3 could keep Initial D from being more successful.
It would be better if the company focused on only one franchise with the same genre and platform at a time (the same reason they used to cancel Saturn's Eternal Champions 3 which they think it could keep Virtua Fighter from being more successful).

Offline NoirSuede

« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2016, 05:34:12 am »
Yeah, it's not gonna coming to Japan, not next year at least.
SOJ already has planned to release Initial D Arcade Stage Zero on March 2017, so if the game is released in the same time, Daytona 3 could keep Initial D from being more successful.
It would be better if the company focused on only one franchise with the same genre and platform at a time (the same reason they used to cancel Saturn's Eternal Champions 3 which they think it could keep Virtua Fighter from being more successful).
This.
And furthermore, IDAS is already very heavily struggling against Maximum Tune, and they've already announced Maximum Tune 5DX+ (which is introducing Hondas to the series so there's a lot of hype behind this game) so SEGA really can't afford another competition right now.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 05:42:39 am by NoirSuede »

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2016, 10:14:09 pm »
I expect it to be just another game like the one in 2001 with slightly improved graphics. Could be wrong though.

Offline Berto

« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2016, 09:22:52 pm »

Offline Berto

« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2017, 09:52:45 pm »
Sega has released free software upgrade for its award-winning video racing game Daytona Championship USA.

Paul Williams, CEO at Sega says “We want all our customers to have this important software upgrade, so we are offering it completely Free of charge. Some players even going as far to say, ‘it’s a whole new game compared to last IAAPA, this Daytona is their favourite arcade racing game’. This software upgrade marks our continued commitment to keeping Daytona as the number one driver on location.”

Link : http://www.segaarcade.com/news/free-software-upgrade-for-daytona-championship-usa.html