Author Topic: Have you been banned at a forum?  (Read 13165 times)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: Have you been banned at a forum?
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2011, 11:47:45 am »
Yes, I'll admit, I have been stalking you. ;)

My username was "EatMyDust" and I recall frequenting their forums quite a bit during 2000/2001. There was a guy named MK who supposedly was a little person and developed a Big fan game (think Sonic 3 with Big) and a mod named Kedzie K. Haha! I just found an old interview with him: http://archive.sonichq.net/newsite/news/interviews/kedziek.php

Offline Shigs

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2011, 09:18:03 pm »
I got tempbanned once from NeoGaf. Got too overheated in defending Sonic Unleashed. I learned now that "Haters gonna hate" and to just let things slide. I'll still post an argument if they're obviously wrong about something, but I'm not nearly as hot-headed as I once was.
Grammar Expert Plus

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2011, 10:10:48 am »
Yes, I'll admit, I have been stalking you. ;)

My username was "EatMyDust" and I recall frequenting their forums quite a bit during 2000/2001. There was a guy named MK who supposedly was a little person and developed a Big fan game (think Sonic 3 with Big) and a mod named Kedzie K. Haha! I just found an old interview with him: http://archive.sonichq.net/newsite/news/interviews/kedziek.php

Ah yeah, you are really taking me back. Big Adventure was a pretty cool idea (I remember swinging with the fishing rod) and I think I remember seeing your name around! I was really into that site around the time Sonic Adventure was announced (it was kedziek.thesonicfoundation.simplenet.com or something silly like that), but looking back... I feel kind of old! I am honestly not too sure about the screen names I have had on there, but I did not post much anyways, at least nothing too interesting.

Honestly the first forum I really posted a lot at was SEGA Nerds, the pre-SEGAbits, so I only recently have much of an online personality... Which is honestly a blessing.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2011, 10:25:43 am »
Ah yeah, you are really taking me back. Big Adventure was a pretty cool idea (I remember swinging with the fishing rod) and I think I remember seeing your name around! I was really into that site around the time Sonic Adventure was announced (it was kedziek.thesonicfoundation.simplenet.com or something silly like that), but looking back... I feel kind of old! I am honestly not too sure about the screen names I have had on there, but I did not post much anyways, at least nothing too interesting.

Honestly the first forum I really posted a lot at was SEGA Nerds, the pre-SEGAbits, so I only recently have much of an online personality... Which is honestly a blessing.

HA! Yes! Big Adventure! In fact, I designed Dreamcast cover art for the game. It was the black spine DC art with Big's SA1 drawing pasted over a promo screen of Sonic in Green Forest. I think I still have the file, I'll post it up when I see it. I also recall making a chao fan comic, in which I used forum member's chao and had the comic play out like a sort of Wacky Races story with Hero Chao versus Dark Chao. I did about 3-4 pages before I got tired doing it. I'll post those too if I find them.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2011, 04:44:27 pm »
I was banned from NeoGAF for joking. I discussed this before, basically they were talking about a developer being sexist, I said I didn't care if he beat his wife as long as he produces good games.

They banned me for it.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2011, 02:19:45 am »
Sega.com about a million times by one douchebag that doesnt even work for Sega.

Nintendo forums once... Because I said 'damn'... yeah really 'damn'
Made by SEGA

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2011, 05:01:53 am »

Nintendo forums once... Because I said 'damn'... yeah really 'damn'
Not suprised.. its Nintendo.

But how come you manage to get back in? They must know you're the same guy right? I mean you must be in the position of being unbannable by now with your connections, with a higher up telling the dude to lay off,right?

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2011, 07:01:57 am »
Off-topic, I found Big Adventure:

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2011, 10:19:23 am »
You are blowing my mind, Barry.  Not only does that really take me back, but I would love a T rated Big game with online multiplayer!

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2011, 02:42:59 pm »
You are blowing my mind, Barry.  Not only does that really take me back, but I would love a T rated Big game with online multiplayer!

We all do, people are just too nervous to admit it.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2011, 01:51:29 am »
I got banned from the SEGA forum at the time of sonic 4 episode 1. They were great times

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2011, 02:55:38 am »
Not suprised.. its Nintendo.

But how come you manage to get back in? They must know you're the same guy right? I mean you must be in the position of being unbannable by now with your connections, with a higher up telling the dude to lay off,right?

The way I get back in, is simply change my username and use a different IP... The problem is, someone... Aka Fluffy (the guy we had to ban from this forum) likes to stir shit and report me lol. It's all a bit drama but I'd really just like to sign up to report Sega news but there we go.

Made by SEGA

Offline Autosaver

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2011, 02:33:25 pm »
If a website finds out your under the age of 13 they can't allow you to be registered. It's against the law to collect info from people under the age of 13 on the internet. I mean the chances of being caught are slim, but its better to follow the rules. You never know what could happen.

Now what you say is true, it was obvious that I was joking. A different laid back goofy style sentence after a sex joke (That had nothing to do with the thread) obviously meant I wasn't being serious.
I'm pretty sure Shinobi also got banned by that same person. :x

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2011, 02:25:16 am »
I got kicked off of Spiffdom.  A Seattle-based Apple IIgs BBS when I was in high school.  For the young'n's, a bulletin Board System was a pre-internet thing like a forum where you dial in, one at a time and post on a host computer. I got kicked off for arguing with the owner, who was (is) a friend of mine.

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2011, 06:48:31 pm »
The way I get back in, is simply change my username and use a different IP... The problem is, someone... Aka Fluffy (the guy we had to ban from this forum) likes to stir shit and report me lol. It's all a bit drama but I'd really just like to sign up to report Sega news but there we go.

Why do you register when you know the same shit will go down again.

As I said in the first post when I got banned it turned me away from the band as well, don't they care about their members?

Do the same thoughts not go through your mind?