Author Topic: Offical Topic of Shaking Fists at Disney and TCW Canned  (Read 12066 times)

Offline nuckles87

• Total Meseta: 7
Re: Offical Topic of Shaking Fists at Disney and TCW Canned
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2013, 10:12:44 am »
The series will also be running on Toonami for the foreseeable future after CN dropped it like ton of bricks.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2013, 10:28:16 am »
Though Toonami won't show every episode. :( The blu-rays are the best way to go at this point.

---

By the way, the "bonus content" to come sounds amazing. We have:

Clovis Arc - three episode arc featuring the return of Padme's stalker, who was previously screwed over by Anakin. Really looking forward to this one. Apparently the Baking Clan play a role, and there is a sweet snow planet and bounty hunter chase.

Order 66 Arc - A revived Admiral Trech (who appeared in the first episode of the series, timeline-wise) discovers Order 66 and potentially executes it early on a batch of clones. Jedi vs. Clone action to be expected, and we will likely see the fate of Fives - the only surviving clone of Domino Squad.

Yoda Arc - Explores the Episode II mystery of Sifo-Dyas. Rumor has it that Mark Hamill will play a former sith (either via spirit or holocron). We'll see the sith temple and a lot of Yoda. This is my most anticipated arc.

Bounty Hunter Arc - This is likely to be completed. We'll see Cad Bane's ship, a return to Tatooine, Tusken Raiders, Boba Fett, and other bounty hunters. This might be the arc where Boba obtains his ship and helmet.

Former Chancellor Valorum, of Episode I fame, will appear in one of the arcs as well.

Offline nuckles87

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2013, 11:57:27 am »
Though Toonami won't show every episode. :( The blu-rays are the best way to go at this point.

Are you really going to miss the Jar Jar Binks episodes, man? XD I know I won't. I'm kinda glad they are being a little more choosey about what they'll re-air.

Bonus content sounds awesome, though I don't see anything in there that sounds like a definitive finale. Do we know how they are going to be released yet?

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2013, 12:14:47 pm »
I honestly would miss them. Jar Jar episodes bookend the Dooku Captured arc, Jar Jar also appears in the Grievous vs. Gungans arc, which had some pretty awesome duels including Anakin vs. Dooku and Tarpals vs. Grievous. Blue Shadow Virus was a lot of fun as well.

Really, the D-Squad episodes as well as a majority of the R2 & Threepio episodes are more "kiddy" than the Jar Jar eps. At least the Jar Jar episodes feature major characters, has awesome battles and duels, and some pretty important moments to the series.

Offline nuckles87

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2013, 01:56:34 pm »
They probably won't be skipping most of the eps your talking about. Those were major story arcs that just happened to have Jar Jar in them. I think they were referring to stuff like the standalone Jar Jar episode where they he has to save Padme and stuff like that.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2013, 02:17:01 pm »
To be fair, most of the season 1 episodes were pretty light. I have to wonder, though, if they're going to cut some really fantastic (however "kiddy") episodes. Like the first Yoda episode or the recent Younglings arc.

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2013, 04:41:38 pm »
How much ownership does Cartoon Network have for The Clone Wars? Toonami admitted it was pretty much free for them. I'm guessing CN had a role funding the show or something? I mean The Clone Wars has been much bigger for them than any other action cartoon they've handled over the last few years...

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2013, 05:59:00 pm »
Fuck DOTA 2.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2013, 08:48:58 pm »
Totally. And it's more than 10 episodes, according to a Tweet from a Lucasfilm employee who is very much in the know.

I hope we get:

Clovis arc - 3 episodes (confirmed)
Order 66 arc - 3-4 episodes (confirmed)
Yoda arc - 3-4 episodes (confirmed)
Bounty Hunter arc - 3-4 episodes (was in production, dialogue recorded and concept art shown, unknown if completed post-cancellation)
Finale episode - never mentioned, but would be nice to have a final episode to wrap the series up